Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: City memos show AZ firefighter refused response to Giffords shooting

  1. #11
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: City memos show AZ firefighter refused response to Giffords shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So then there wasn't any political bantering?
    From what i read, he may have said that as an excuse but that wasn't why he refused to go.
    I don't know...that's just my opinion. He knew Giffords and maybe thought more of her then he let on. Maybe he felt he wouldn't be able to do his job to the best of his ability. I just like to give people the benefit of the doubt before throwing them under the bus.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  2. #12
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: City memos show AZ firefighter refused response to Giffords shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Wait. They call the fire department in response to a shooting?
    They would have been dispatched had the shootings occured in my city. The FD responds to emergencies like that since most of them are certified first responders and EMTs.


    They're not just for putting out fires anymore.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  3. #13
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: City memos show AZ firefighter refused response to Giffords shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    It pretty much speaks for the current political division in our country.


    NATION: City memos show AZ firefighter refused response to Giffords shooting
    I am speechless...

    Firefighters, cops, and doctors aren't in the business of deciding who deserves to live or die..

  4. #14
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: City memos show AZ firefighter refused response to Giffords shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    From what i read, he may have said that as an excuse but that wasn't why he refused to go.
    I don't know...that's just my opinion. He knew Giffords and maybe thought more of her then he let on. Maybe he felt he wouldn't be able to do his job to the best of his ability. I just like to give people the benefit of the doubt before throwing them under the bus.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you. He had a JOB to do, if he couldn't do it, and slowed or delayed a response that might have made a difference in saving lives he should be punished, perhaps a lowering in rank effecting his pension. You sign up to do a job like that, you don't let personal feelings affect the job. Period.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    02-10-12 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    845

    Re: City memos show AZ firefighter refused response to Giffords shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I am speechless...

    Firefighters, cops, and doctors aren't in the business of deciding who deserves to live or die..
    Yeah, that's what we've got death panels for

  6. #16
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: City memos show AZ firefighter refused response to Giffords shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    What is noted in the article that the fireman actually liked Giffords but a statement in the article stated "He said Ekstrum "started to say something about how he had a much different political viewpoint than the rest of the crew and he was concerned."

    With different political views some are now having a hard time working together. Slowly the thread of our country pulls apart.
    This is total bull****, and an over the top doomsday prediction. We have always had difference, and to say this is some sort of sign of doom, is pure silliness.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #17
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: City memos show AZ firefighter refused response to Giffords shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So then there wasn't any political bantering?
    Why don't you read the article, and you'll get a much different picture of the Ekstrum?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #18
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: City memos show AZ firefighter refused response to Giffords shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    It pretty much speaks for the current political division in our country.


    NATION: City memos show AZ firefighter refused response to Giffords shooting
    What this really speaks to is this firefighter violating his Oath, being a narrow minded idiot and I think he should have been fired on the spot and if at all possible charges of some kind brought against this jerk.

  9. #19
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: City memos show AZ firefighter refused response to Giffords shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with you. He had a JOB to do, if he couldn't do it, and slowed or delayed a response that might have made a difference in saving lives he should be punished, perhaps a lowering in rank effecting his pension. You sign up to do a job like that, you don't let personal feelings affect the job. Period.

    Think everybody needs to read the details of this story again...


    The call came to the fire station after all victims had already been transported to the hospitals. It was 90 minutes after the shooting spree occurred. And apparently the location of Ekstrum's firehouse was 20 miles away from the location of the event. So they were a still a half hour away at that point.

    Don't know the details of what was in Ekstrum's head. But in this case they (his fire crew) were not called as "first responders". And as far as i can tell no lives were endangered.

    The whole story has a funny smell to it....


    .


    .


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  10. #20
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: City memos show AZ firefighter refused response to Giffords shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Think everybody needs to read the details of this story again...


    The call came to the fire station after all victims had already been transported to the hospitals. It was 90 minutes after the shooting spree occurred. And apparently the location of Ekstrum's firehouse was 20 miles away from the location of the event. So they were a still a half hour away at that point.

    Don't know the details of what was in Ekstrum's head. But in this case they (his fire crew) were not called as "first responders". And as far as i can tell no lives were endangered.

    The whole story has a funny smell to it....


    .


    .
    To be fair, I didn't get a chance to read it, because it wasn't opening when I posted. Web Traffic, who knows. 90 minutes later? And this guy wouldn't respond at all... something is up with this.

    Regardless, IF he refused to go on the call, and delayed response, that demands some sort of punitive action.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •