Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 584

Thread: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

  1. #341
    User KeeKee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    123

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    It's immoral to circumvent the democratic process and fail to perform the task that they are paid to perform simply because they think their morality is superior to other people's.
    I'm curious did you say the same thing when republicans used every trick in the book to delay the HCR? THey obstructed the vote.
    May all beings give and receive compassion, Live free from fear, And dwell in peace. - author unknown

  2. #342
    User KeeKee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    123

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by LowRevs View Post
    The WI legislature should find those who fled in contempt, impeach them and eject them from the legislature. Quorum restored!

    This fleeing of legislators has happened before (was it TX?). Anyone know what the makeup of that legislature is today?
    Yes the republicans manipulated the redistricting to remove 4 democrats and replace them with 4 republicans to go to Washington.

    It was wrong and Tom DeLay is going to jail for it.
    But hey the republicans got their majority through sleazy tactics so IOKIYAR.
    May all beings give and receive compassion, Live free from fear, And dwell in peace. - author unknown

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    421

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    I'm curious did you say the same thing when republicans used every trick in the book to delay the HCR? THey obstructed the vote.
    How many conservatives did you see "RUN" from their responsibility to serve the people who hired them to look after their interests? Real "statesmen" like...no? The DNC is filled with nothing but grifters and con artists who serve only SELF. We the People should witness more of these Democrat traits, 2012 is not that far removed from today's events in Wisconsin.
    Last edited by Walter; 02-21-11 at 10:11 AM.

  4. #344
    User KeeKee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    123

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    They didn't have to leave they have the filibuster. The minority tryed to rule the majority.
    May all beings give and receive compassion, Live free from fear, And dwell in peace. - author unknown

  5. #345
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    They get free health care in WI? Are you calling living on a median salary range of $32-60,000 a "golden ticket"?
    Assuming a family of 4 with the generic 2.5 children, that free healthcare is worth much more, especially when adding in the family coverage and retirement coverage - and where are you getting the 32K to 60K number again?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #346
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    421

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    They didn't have to leave they have the filibuster. The minority tryed to rule the majority.
    More STATESMEN like logic, if you cannot play by the rules....you RUN and try to steal the ball to take home? Seems kind'a childish, but then again we are speaking of the DNC. What happened to "CIVILITY", and intellectual debate? So you are concluding that THE PEOPLE who through the process of democracy placed these people into office really do not matter?

    MY GOD!!, Do we really have people such as this making decisions that effects the lives of everyone in the United States? Its frightening to say the least.
    Last edited by Walter; 02-21-11 at 10:18 AM.

  7. #347
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Why are you sorry?

    What I mostly do all day is serve the people of my state working for the State Legislature. My posts here are during breaks, working lunches and infrequent down time. I have a great deal of respect for true conservatives. Where is Wiliam F. Buckley when you need him? I have very little respect for pure right wingers and tea party reactionaries and they deserved to be slammed and slammed hard and slammed frequently.

    As to the rest of your statement - I have trouble enough translating some of the rightwingenese I read on the net and I just did not get your last two sentences.
    I hope I don't live in your state.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #348
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    What are the polls in Wisconsin showing? Which size are the folks there siding with?

    Because nationally, Americans are siding with the Governor big time. He's fast becoming a national figure in the GOP, perhaps a presidential candidate one day, because of this. Amazing, you run on a platform, then you follow through with that platform. What a concept.

    He's making the teachers and Dems look like fools. Or, they're actually doing this to themselves.

  9. #349
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post

    He's making the teachers and Dems look like fools. Or, they're actually doing this to themselves.
    ..............................
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #350
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    What are the polls in Wisconsin showing? Which size are the folks there siding with?

    Because nationally, Americans are siding with the Governor big time. He's fast becoming a national figure in the GOP, perhaps a presidential candidate one day, because of this. Amazing, you run on a platform, then you follow through with that platform. What a concept.

    He's making the teachers and Dems look like fools. Or, they're actually doing this to themselves.
    You should really run him for President in 2012.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •