Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 584

Thread: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

  1. #291
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Jesse must be feeling his age or low on cash.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #292
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,824

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Here is the official report from the State of Wisconsin Fiscal Bureau. Read it and you can see how the new Governor helped manufacture this so called crisis just to be able to attempt to do what he is now doing.

    http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lfb/Misc/...os&Darling.pdf


    2010-11
    Revenues

    Opening Balance, July 1 $25,718,100
    Taxes 12,691,400,000
    Departmental Revenues
    Tribal Gaming 22,330,300
    Other 833,733,300
    Total Available $13,573,181,700

    Appropriations

    Gross Appropriations $14,109,283,800
    Compensation Reserves 95,962,700
    Biennial Appropriation Adjustment -242,677,200
    Sum Sufficient Reestimates -121,637,800
    Less Lapses -389,112,600
    Net Appropriations $13,451,818,900

    Balances

    Gross Balance $121,362,800
    Less Required Statutory Balance -65,000,000
    Net Balance, June 30 $56,362,800
    Last edited by haymarket; 02-19-11 at 02:52 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #293
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    85

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Jesse must be feeling his age or low on cash.
    or perhaps showing concern for working people

  4. #294
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by diablo45 View Post
    or perhaps showing concern for working people
    The only concern Jesse Jackson has for "working people" is how he can use them for money.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #295
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    85

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    The only concern Jesse Jackson has for "working people" is how he can use them for money.
    one shows concerns for workers or for the privlidged...i'm thinkin "y'all votin republican?"

  6. #296
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by diablo45 View Post
    or perhaps showing concern for working people
    Yeah!

    That's it.

    Where was that dip **** when Obama shut down drilling in the GOM? Jesse doesn't seem to be too concerned for all those working people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #297
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    85

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah!

    That's it.

    Where was that dip **** when Obama shut down drilling in the GOM? Jesse doesn't seem to be too concerned for all those working people.
    no, because of what happened in the gulf..(you do remember?)

  8. #298
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by diablo45 View Post
    no, because of what happened in the gulf..(you do remember?)
    oh yes I think everyone remembers, but liberal like yourself seem to forget things like this ..

    Mr. Cassidy, who said the IG’s conclusions will come as “bitter news” to about 12,000 workers who lost their jobs because of the moratorium, noted that the administration ignored later arguments by five of the panel’s seven scientists in favor of targeted inspections over a blanket ban – something he said violated Mr. Obama’s vow to let science, and not politics, guide his policies.
    The IG investigation revealed that an aide to White House energy adviser Carol M. Browner who was making last-minute edits to the Interior report inserted language into the executive summary saying an independent seven-member panel had signed off on the recommendations in the document.
    That implied that the experts had approved of Interior Secretary Ken Salazar’s proposal to ban deep-water drilling when they hadn’t even been consulted on the matter. Interior merely had asked them to peer-review a slate of drilling-safety recommendations.
    “The White House edit of the original DOI draft executive summary led to the implication that the moratorium recommendation had been peer-reviewed by the experts,” concludes the IG report, a copy of which was obtained by The Washington Times.

    Or in simple terms Obama's "lies" only cost 12,000 people to lose their jobs, yeah I can see his concern for working folks.

  9. #299
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    85

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    oh yes I think everyone remembers, but liberal like yourself seem to forget things like this ..

    Mr. Cassidy, who said the IG’s conclusions will come as “bitter news” to about 12,000 workers who lost their jobs because of the moratorium, noted that the administration ignored later arguments by five of the panel’s seven scientists in favor of targeted inspections over a blanket ban – something he said violated Mr. Obama’s vow to let science, and not politics, guide his policies.
    The IG investigation revealed that an aide to White House energy adviser Carol M. Browner who was making last-minute edits to the Interior report inserted language into the executive summary saying an independent seven-member panel had signed off on the recommendations in the document.
    That implied that the experts had approved of Interior Secretary Ken Salazar’s proposal to ban deep-water drilling when they hadn’t even been consulted on the matter. Interior merely had asked them to peer-review a slate of drilling-safety recommendations.
    “The White House edit of the original DOI draft executive summary led to the implication that the moratorium recommendation had been peer-reviewed by the experts,” concludes the IG report, a copy of which was obtained by The Washington Times.

    Or in simple terms Obama's "lies" only cost 12,000 people to lose their jobs, yeah I can see his concern for working folks.
    the gulf was caused by weak legislation of environmental laws, no matter what you and fake news come up with

  10. #300
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Here is the official report from the State of Wisconsin Fiscal Bureau. Read it and you can see how the new Governor helped manufacture this so called crisis just to be able to attempt to do what he is now doing.

    http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lfb/Misc/...os&Darling.pdf


    2010-11
    Revenues

    Opening Balance, July 1 $25,718,100
    Taxes 12,691,400,000
    Departmental Revenues
    Tribal Gaming 22,330,300
    Other 833,733,300
    Total Available $13,573,181,700

    Appropriations

    Gross Appropriations $14,109,283,800
    Compensation Reserves 95,962,700
    Biennial Appropriation Adjustment -242,677,200
    Sum Sufficient Reestimates -121,637,800
    Less Lapses -389,112,600
    Net Appropriations $13,451,818,900

    Balances

    Gross Balance $121,362,800
    Less Required Statutory Balance -65,000,000
    Net Balance, June 30 $56,362,800
    I would love to hear how Scott Walker had anything to do with creating Wisconsin's 10-11 budget. Anyone care to take that one on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •