Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 584

Thread: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

  1. #211
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job - FoxNews.com

    I feel any elected official that flees his/her jurisdiction to avoid having to do their jobs should be fired.
    Unfortunately, we just can't "fire" our elected officials. But they could charge them with ethics violations. If it's not a violation of ethics to subvert democracy, I don't know what is.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #212
    Advisor Midwest Lib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    512

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Same where I work now. Can't carry a box larger than 12x12x12 no matter the weight, as a ticket has to be opened for a union person to come and pick it up with a hand truck. A hydraulic, powered hand truck! I cannot move a table in a conference room (chairs are okay though), as I have to again, open a ticket and have someone hours later, come up and move a table. I cannot change a light bulb. I work in a test lab 50% of the time --- even racking equipment, plugging it in that has to be done by a union represented person who, in my 21 years of experience, doesn't know what the hell they're doing. I had a ticket in to run fiber jumpers to from one end of building to the other with 2 media converters - that ticket was open for 30 days. When I finally complained, the property management guy who retired after 35 years and now just does this part time to keep busy said, the two techs who were supposed to do the work have been playing video games for the past two weeks or have not been available. My ticket was the only ticket open at that time and they just don't give a ****. So the retiree and I, after 5 pm on night, did the work in 2 hours. If I would have gotten caught doing any of these things, I would also get fined and I would be written up and put on an improvement plan as well as take some bs training course on why these rules exist. I used to be a frigging Shop Steward for Christ sakes at the CWA Trenton Local 1000 - it's not like I don't know what's going on.

    The BS has to stop.
    I agree, the BS does have to stop, but its a bit disingenuous to imply that industry, whose main goal is to earn a profit, is the same as governmental office work or education, which have a MUCH different agenda as a whole.

  3. #213
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Lib View Post
    I agree, the BS does have to stop, but its a bit disingenuous to imply that industry, whose main goal is to earn a profit, is the same as governmental office work or education, which have a MUCH different agenda as a whole.
    I didn't mean to imply that at all. What I meant to convey was that unions and the insanity around regulations and rules as agreed to in the bargaining agreements, have outlived their usefulness and are now a barrier to success - whether that is in industry or government.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #214
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,322
    "sick out"= abhorrent.


    Punish the kids. Union jackasses.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #215
    Advisor Midwest Lib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    512

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that at all. What I meant to convey was that unions and the insanity around regulations and rules as agreed to in the bargaining agreements, have outlived their usefulness and are now a barrier to success - whether that is in industry or government.
    No disrespect Ock, that's just what I got out of it. Honestly the problem I see lies much deeper than unions itself. I think the first problem is everyone is so damn sensitive and sue happy that everyone (people and companies) is so damn scared to do what isn't exactly by the book that nothing can get done. It's a problem that plagues healthcare as well. The second problem is that everyone seems to have a real sense of entitlement (see, I have my conservative sides too!) in this country. The main problem I have with this situation, as I've pointed out multiple times, is the blatant favoritism on Walker's part. His rhetoric suggests that collective bargaining has to go and is the nail in our fiscal coffin. His actions however, imply that he doesn't truly believe that, or else public safety unions would be included in this bill as well. If the situation is as dire as the governor makes it out to be, then the time for fiscal conservation has come and ALL must step up to the plate. Until he shares this view, or one similar to it, I see this as an opportunity to bust unions, and nothing else.

  6. #216
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Lib View Post
    No disrespect Ock, that's just what I got out of it. Honestly the problem I see lies much deeper than unions itself. I think the first problem is everyone is so damn sensitive and sue happy that everyone (people and companies) is so damn scared to do what isn't exactly by the book that nothing can get done. It's a problem that plagues healthcare as well. The second problem is that everyone seems to have a real sense of entitlement (see, I have my conservative sides too!) in this country. The main problem I have with this situation, as I've pointed out multiple times, is the blatant favoritism on Walker's part. His rhetoric suggests that collective bargaining has to go and is the nail in our fiscal coffin. His actions however, imply that he doesn't truly believe that, or else public safety unions would be included in this bill as well. If the situation is as dire as the governor makes it out to be, then the time for fiscal conservation has come and ALL must step up to the plate. Until he shares this view, or one similar to it, I see this as an opportunity to bust unions, and nothing else.
    If he hasn't clearly stated that dire situation, he should and should have already.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #217
    Advisor Midwest Lib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    512

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    "sick out"= abhorrent.


    Punish the kids. Union jackasses.
    Punish the kids my ass. They are all happier than a pig in **** that they don't have to go to school. Also, if school is cancelled (used for snow days primarily), only so many days are allowed to be missed before days have to be made up in the summer, granted that would be a bit of a punishment! So, while I do agree that the teachers do have responsibilities to our children, the children are not going to suffer from missing several days of school. These employees, who for the most part work VERY hard (anyone who thinks otherwise obviously has never spent time in the field of education) are having there livelihoods threatened. I don't blame them for what they did at all. I have family in education in WI and it is a very stressful time. Try to think of it in terms of that, not so much "The teachers don't care about the kids, they are punishing them." All my friends and family who are in Madison right now are there for a very real reason, not to skip out on work.

  8. #218
    Advisor Midwest Lib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    512

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    If he hasn't clearly stated that dire situation, he should and should have already.
    So I can answer you more effectively what exactly do you mean? What are you saying he should have stated?

  9. #219
    Student Gapeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    07-30-11 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    297

    Re: Wisconsin Governor to Missing Democrats: Do Your Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Lib View Post
    Punish the kids my ass. They are all happier than a pig in **** that they don't have to go to school. Also, if school is cancelled (used for snow days primarily), only so many days are allowed to be missed before days have to be made up in the summer, granted that would be a bit of a punishment! So, while I do agree that the teachers do have responsibilities to our children, the children are not going to suffer from missing several days of school. These employees, who for the most part work VERY hard (anyone who thinks otherwise obviously has never spent time in the field of education) are having there livelihoods threatened. I don't blame them for what they did at all. I have family in education in WI and it is a very stressful time. Try to think of it in terms of that, not so much "The teachers don't care about the kids, they are punishing them." All my friends and family who are in Madison right now are there for a very real reason, not to skip out on work.
    I don't believe their "livelihoods" are being threatened. I think their cushy lifestyles are being reconsidered. They are paid not to work (summertime), vacations, federal holidays...They get paid and have their benefits paid for them..by TAXPAYERS. The US is out of money..which in turns means the STATES are broke. No one can afford to pay these people all these benefits and try to balance a budget. Everyones got to give some to get some.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2: "A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Government is not the solution to the problem. Government IS the problem.-Ronald Reagan
    A soldiers blog

  10. #220
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,322
    Midlib,

    Yes i'm sure the kids are loving it. Thats not my point. Fact is and correct me if i'm wrong these "sick out" teachers will be paid both sick days and extra for the make up days they caused? No?


    All of this over having to contribute 5.8% to thier own pension?

    Democrats are acting like cowards here and the unions like the taliban. This is anything but the democratic process and simple mob rule attempts..... All while scumbag union bosses and thier loser cronies lose nothing over this whole mess...
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 02-18-11 at 07:51 PM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •