Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 169

Thread: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murder of

  1. #81
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Your refusal to answer the question reveals that you don't give two ****s about the legality of it and therefore would do the same thing that a handful of pro-lifers are doing if it became legal to kill gays. Having read abortion threads you abortionists don't give two ****s about the legality of abortion either. So sitting there but its legal is a completely dishonest tactic.
    Why would pro-lifers kill gays? Seriously, have you really lost the plot that much?

  2. #82
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,515

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Here, I'll be open and honest with you.

    If your hypothetical, idiotic, unconstitutional law actually was in place then I'd fight legally for it to be overturned, I would not kill a gay person, I would try to speak against the action, I would try to defend a gay person from someone trying to kill them. And I would have to accept my punishment if in that defense I broke the law myself.

    However I would not push for a law to legalize the killing of someone whose job it was to kill gay people, because such a law would be almost as abysmal and wrong as the law I have a problem with in the first place.
    Good answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #83
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And there it is again. Your "it's legal" is not a valid argument. You are also trying to ignore the fact allot of people consider the baby as worthy of protection. So a child say 8 months along, still in development is not worthy of protection under the law? Do you not see how ridicules your argument is?
    Nice stretch for the appeal to emotion, but in general a fetus/child 8 months along is protected under teh law in most states as that's 3rd trimester.

    However, this law would allow someone to kill an abortion doctor for giving an abortion to a woman who was 2 months along. Whether or not you believe it to be a child, fully qualified for every bit of rights as a full grown adult, under the law the procedure being done is legal and someone should not be justifiably killed for performing a legal procedure. If you have a bad law that "kills" a "person" the solution is not to create another bad law to "kill" a "person".

    Again it is nothing but a fallacy based on popularism. It is legal therefor it is right does not cut it in the area of debate. Considering the amount of overturned laws, this should be a well known fact.
    Its not even an argument of "its legal thus its right" its "legal thus its legal" and people shouldn't be killed for doing legal things.

    As was stated in a previous thing. It may not be "right" that a person stealing bread from someone whose well off is "illegal"...but its still illegal. The law isn't always about what necessarily is "right" based on an individuals morality.

  4. #84
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I hear that in WW2 the Germans conducted a number of "medical procedures" also.....
    Ah, so abortion doctors are now nazis? Good lord...

  5. #85
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,515

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Nice stretch for the appeal to emotion, but in general a fetus/child 8 months along is protected under teh law in most states as that's 3rd trimester.

    However, this law would allow someone to kill an abortion doctor for giving an abortion to a woman who was 2 months along. Whether or not you believe it to be a child, fully qualified for every bit of rights as a full grown adult, under the law the procedure being done is legal and someone should not be justifiably killed for performing a legal procedure. If you have a bad law that "kills" a "person" the solution is not to create another bad law to "kill" a "person".



    Its not even an argument of "its legal thus its right" its "legal thus its legal" and people shouldn't be killed for doing legal things.

    As was stated in a previous thing. It may not be "right" that a person stealing bread from someone whose well off is "illegal"...but its still illegal. The law isn't always about what necessarily is "right" based on an individuals morality.
    When you actually reply to what I said in context we will have a discourse. You are ignoring what I was responding to for the most part to respond to my statement out of context.

    As far as the law itself goes I have said nothing at all about it one way or the other.

    Can't make it any clearer for you man.

    PS You are comparing a ****ing legal medical procedure to a child in development to the murdering of a fully grown adult.

    Now why don't you address this comment that I responded to.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-16-11 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #86
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No, the fear the law because it could get them killed.
    I seen reading these abortion threads for years. Anything that treats a unborn child as person they oppose. Many of them oppose late term abortion bans,They oppose ultrasounds, they oppose pre-abortion counseling, waiting periods and they opposed partial birth abortion ban. This new propose law in SD is no different.



    What I don't agree with is LEGALIZING something that is wrong to do as a solution to something that is wrong to do. I don't believe in two wrongs making a right.
    Its legal to kill someone attempting to rape or kill someone, or burglarize a home.

    Because this issue is not nearly as clear cut as murder, rape, or various other crimes.
    Its pretty much clear cut if you view that a child in the womb deserves the same legal protections and right to life as any innocent person outside of the womb.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Ah, so abortion doctors are now nazis? Good lord...
    I wonder what their founding mother would have to say....

    "We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

    "More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12

    Sounds about right.

  8. #88
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Here, I'll be open and honest with you.

    If your hypothetical, idiotic, unconstitutional law actually was in place then I'd fight legally for it to be overturned, I would not kill a gay person, I would try to speak against the action, I would try to defend a gay person from someone trying to kill them. And I would have to accept my punishment if in that defense I broke the law myself.

    However I would not push for a law to legalize the killing of someone whose job it was to kill gay people, because such a law would be almost as abysmal and wrong as the law I have a problem with in the first place.
    You wouldn't push for a law that legalizes using lethal force against someone attempting to kill a gay person?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #89
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I wonder what their founding mother would have to say....

    "We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

    "More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12

    Sounds about right.
    And with every post you continue to look more and more ridiculous and absurd. You and your ilk are complete lunatics who have seriously lost the plot. I don't give a rat's ass if I get gigged for this or not, but that is really all I can say about your nonsense.

  10. #90
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Its legal to kill someone attempting to rape or kill someone, or burglarize a home.
    All are cases where someone is illegally performing an action.

    That is significantly different than someone LEGALLY performing an action.

    Its pretty much clear cut if you view that a child in the womb deserves the same legal protections and right to life as any innocent person outside of the womb.
    Yes, extremists do think its pretty simple. They also think bombing buildings is perfectly justifable and is nothing at all similar to terrorism.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •