Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 169

Thread: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murder of

  1. #61
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    In the case of self defense etc does that distinction really matter?
    Actually, quite. We are talking about a very specific issue and fully developed homosexual adults have absolutely nothing to do with it.

  2. #62
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I knew you would chicken out.Most abortionist would.
    Do you honestly think I care what you think? Seriously, most of you pro-lifers have gone off the deep end with your lunatic philosophy. You are advocating the death of abortion doctors.

  3. #63
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,526

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Actually, quite. We are talking about a very specific issue and fully developed homosexual adults have absolutely nothing to do with it.
    As an example it is the same thing. A life is a life be it child or adult. Murder is murder be it an adult or child.

    So as an example it is fitting to get his point across. He did not say it had anything at all to do with the subject matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #64
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    As an example it is the same thing. A life is a life be it child or adult. Murder is murder be it an adult or child.

    So as an example it is fitting to get his point across. He did not say it had anything at all to do with the subject matter.
    It's interesting that you say this, because he is advocating the death of abortion doctors. I guess a life is only a life when it is in the womb.

  5. #65
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Do you honestly think I care what you think? Seriously, most of you pro-lifers have gone off the deep end with your lunatic philosophy. You are advocating the death of abortion doctors.
    If was legal to kills gay then I am pretty sure you would be advocating killing those trying to kill gays instead of uttering the 'but its legal' line as though it was some sort defense like you do with monsters who kill babies.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    They were always people
    As per your standard, nothing is a Natural Person until the law says they're a Legal Person, so as per that standard no, slaves were not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    and the evidence of that fact was never in credible dispute. The Confederates insisted otherwise because they were greedy, lazy scum whose entire economy depended on making other people work for them, but their laws showed that even they acknowledged this claim to be a lie - otherwise there would have been no point in making it a crime to teach slaves to read, and certainly no point in murdering any slave who tried. A fetus, on the other hand, is not even conscious. This is a matter of medical fact borne out by common sense and basic properties of neuronal density - something with a brain the size of a peanut is not a person to any more degree than a sprig is a tree. A grown, conscious dog is more of a person than a fetus.
    Wait I think I have a Standard Issue Response for this one...one sec...ahh yes here it is, #17:

    *******
    The 'brain activity' argument is irrelevant for 3 reasons:
    1. You will note that the legal definition of "person" contains no reference of brain activity. The reason being that the 'brain activity' argument is a Secular Humanist perversion of "Cogito, ergo sum", is purely theological in nature and therefore has no place in Posative Law.
    2. Main stream Pro-Choice makes no argument that as soon as brain activity is evident in the ZEF, that the ZEF is then a "person" under the law, and therefore Roe-v-Wade Section 9a makes all elective abortion "murder" under the law.
    3. As demonstrated by Obama, it can not only have brain activity, but be born and surviving completely outside-of and detached-from the mother and still not be seen as a "person".
    Therefore, we can conclude that the 'brain activity' argument is disingenuous if not a violation of the 1st amendment. Pro-Choice is assuming the false premise that they would ban abortion were there religious requirement of brain activity present.

    *******

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    You are not, however, charged with murder if you kill a police dog, because - whatever the wisdom of this view - a dog is deemed to be less of a person than a human being.
    You are, however, charged with "murder" if you kill the unborn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    I don't wish to understate the difficulty of such distinctions, but there is no difficulty at all - none at all - in saying that a fetus is not a person. A mouse is more self-aware than a fetus. Tell me you even hesitate to kill a mouse, and I'll take your position more seriously.
    Well sure but the whole brain activity argument is bunk anyway because "child" is a social construct, not a medical construct. Oil and water.

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Corporations have no such rights, regardless of what absurd privileges the conservatives on the Supreme Court have chosen to invent for their overlords.
    At least now we have clarity that you don't care what SCOTUS has to say, which pretty much blows any credibility you may have otherwise had right out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    The SD law is absurd, but I recognize its logic: Deadly force to prevent a crime against property. That cannot be used as a rationale for killing abortion doctors, because the "property" in question belongs to the women obtaining abortions.
    The only people bringing up the killing of abortion doctors are pro-choice. You are the ones acting all paranoid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    But only things that actually belong to you. A part of a woman's body does not belong to other people, and certainly not the state of South Dakota.
    Someone els's child, or hell even pet or car, doesn't have to be my personal property for me to protect it.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-16-11 at 11:52 AM.

  7. #67
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    If was legal to kills gay then I am pretty sure you would be advocating killing those trying to kill gays instead of uttering the 'but its legal' line as though it was some sort defense like you do with monsters who kill babies.
    Again, you are comparing apples to oranges. I'm not buying your bull**** argument, so you can quit repeating it as if that gives it levity.

  8. #68
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Again, you are comparing apples to oranges. I'm not buying your bull**** argument, so you can quit repeating it as if that gives it levity.
    I see you are still chickening out instead of having the balls to answer the question.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #69
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,526

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    It's interesting that you say this, because he is advocating the death of abortion doctors. I guess a life is only a life when it is in the womb.
    Irrelevant to my point.

    I did not make any statement either for or against one way or the other.

    He pointed out a flaw in your statement, and it is dead on. Simply stating it is illegal, is nothing but a fallacy or appeal to popularism.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-16-11 at 11:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #70
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: South Dakota Justifiable Homicide Bill Under Fire as Critics Say It Invites Murde

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I see you are still chickening out instead of having the balls to answer the question.
    I see you still think your argument is legitimate.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •