Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 101

Thread: Defector 'Curveball' admits he lied about Iraqi WMD

  1. #71
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Defector 'Curveball' admits he lied about Iraqi WMD

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This is pure distraction. Is anything anyone rehashes for the 1000th time going to change reality on the ground today? No. So, let's not let dumb statements, talking points from 2006 be made today as though they have any credibility agree?


    j-mac
    Who has politisize the issue? For myself, I'm just emphasizing the common sense factor of the matter. G. W. Bush was lied to but he was also well informed that the intel was wrong prior to going to war. There are plenty of books, investigative reports and other well publisized news articles to bare this fact out. Yet, Bush continued to sell that lie to the American people and the world!

    I'm not going to jump on this "war crimes" band wagon, but if ever anyone within the Bush/Cheney Administration are ever brought up on charges for this over abuse of their powers from the White House, I would hope that justice is adequately served.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 02-16-11 at 01:36 PM.

  2. #72
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Defector 'Curveball' admits he lied about Iraqi WMD

    NIE Report: Iran Halted Nuclear Weapons Program Years Ago

    December 03, 2007 11:51 AM
    ABC News' Martha Raddatz, Jonathan Karl, Luis Martinez, Kirit Radia and Jennifer Duck Report: In a stunning reversal of Bush administration conventional wisdom, a new assessment by U.S. intelligence agencies concludes Iran shelved its nuclear weapons program over four years ago.
    "We judge with high confidence that in fall 2003, Tehran halted its nuclear weapons program," reads a declassified version of the National Intelligence Estimate key findings.
    This report was put out in 2007, and used to bash Bush's strong stance against Iran, Now seeing it has since been proved false, then every liberal Democrat that used this report to bash Bush was also a liar correct ?

  3. #73
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Defector 'Curveball' admits he lied about Iraqi WMD

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I read it another way. If you can move on without accepting the truth, you can pretend your team was good. In doing so, you're aprt of the reason why this may happen again someday. As the saying goes, those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. That's why I think this will always be a timely discussion. Some president with a weak and cowardly congress could do this again someday.

    Or you can look at it as the changing times we live in are dangerous, and there are enemies of the US that would love to do us harm. This isn't about "team's" as you put it, and even if it were we are all American's are we not? Maybe the lesson we need to learn from this is that before sending in forces in today's doctrine which doesn't necessarily need a declaration of war for any President to do, and hasn't since Korea, that we need to return to that absolute.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #74
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Defector 'Curveball' admits he lied about Iraqi WMD

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Who has politisize the issue? For myself, I'm just emphasizing the common sense factor of the matter. G. W. Bush was lied to but he was also well informed that the intel was wrong prior to going to war. There are plenty of books, investigative reports and other well publisized news articles to bare this fact out. Yet, Bush continued to sell that lie to the American people and the world!

    I'm not going to jump on this "war crimes" band wagon, but if ever anyone within the Bush/Cheney Administration are ever brought up on charges for this over abuse of their powers from the White House, I would hope that justice is adequately served.

    Books, maybe written by political detractors, maybe not, are not a court ruling. So unless anyone has first hand knowledge of what transpired within the circles of power during the time, and leading up to the time we went in, there is little but speculation on this. And I suspect that a Neocon of the time, and a liberal would have differing opinions as to what the standards should bare, no?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #75
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Defector 'Curveball' admits he lied about Iraqi WMD

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Books, maybe written by political detractors, maybe not, are not a court ruling. So unless anyone has first hand knowledge of what transpired within the circles of power during the time, and leading up to the time we went in, there is little but speculation on this. And I suspect that a Neocon of the time, and a liberal would have differing opinions as to what the standards should bare, no?


    j-mac
    Some are written by those with first hand knowledge, but you're really just trying to excuse it away. We really do have the information. It isn't that big a sercret.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #76
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Defector 'Curveball' admits he lied about Iraqi WMD

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Some are written by those with first hand knowledge, but you're really just trying to excuse it away. We really do have the information. It isn't that big a sercret.

    You mean the book by the sniveling little ingrate Scott McClellan? What does he know?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #77
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Defector 'Curveball' admits he lied about Iraqi WMD

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Or you can look at it as the changing times we live in are dangerous, and there are enemies of the US that would love to do us harm. This isn't about "team's" as you put it, and even if it were we are all American's are we not? Maybe the lesson we need to learn from this is that before sending in forces in today's doctrine which doesn't necessarily need a declaration of war for any President to do, and hasn't since Korea, that we need to return to that absolute.

    j-mac
    There's always been eneimies, and very evil governments have always used that as an excuse to do very evil things. We should not be too quick to accept that as an excuse. And yes, we do need to return to that absolute. There was a reason it was put into the constitution. War is serious business, and not something any democracy should enter into easily. The reasons have to be grave, serious, and where no other options short of surrender exist. You cannot sustain this type of imperialism in a democracy. Never could.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Defector 'Curveball' admits he lied about Iraqi WMD

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You mean the book by the sniveling little ingrate Scott McClellan? What does he know?


    j-mac
    See what I mean, even if that was the only one I meant, you make an excuse. There is always something wrong with the insider. That makes it easier to excuse away the facts.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #79
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Defector 'Curveball' admits he lied about Iraqi WMD

    This man needs to be killed ASAP. The bastard, along with the low-life thugs in the Bush Administration, are responsible for this disastrous war.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  10. #80
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Defector 'Curveball' admits he lied about Iraqi WMD

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    See what I mean, even if that was the only one I meant, you make an excuse. There is always something wrong with the insider. That makes it easier to excuse away the facts.
    So it is....Ok, maybe you'll take Kathleen Parker's opinion before mine, that's fine...Here have a listen, it's short.




    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •