Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 145

Thread: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

  1. #11
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, pretty funny, and a good use of images to try and deflect, however the comparison is valid.


    j-mac
    How is getting a BJ from an intern over age comparable to paying an underage girl for sex? I mean I get the fact they both did a sexual act, but the other person makes it very hard to compare the two.

  2. #12
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,231

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    There is no comparison. Berlusconi is a rightwing paedophile who regularly partied with underage prostitutes. I can see that some on the far right might try pitifully to defend such a degenerate, but not why. So much for their vaunted "morality"
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  3. #13
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    How is getting a BJ from an intern over age comparable to paying an underage girl for sex? I mean I get the fact they both did a sexual act, but the other person makes it very hard to compare the two.

    I think you are getting too minute in the detail of the situation. The leader is saying it didn't happen, the girl is saying it didn't happen, yet the political detractors are pushing this as if it did, and the trial is over....Remember this:



    Uh huh.....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #14
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,319
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I think you are getting too minute in the detail of the situation. The leader is saying it didn't happen, the girl is saying it didn't happen, yet the political detractors are pushing this as if it did, and the trial is over....Remember this:

    J-mac
    Just so we're clear. This is what you believe.

    A man well known for being corrupt, and having lavish parties quite regularly, says it didn't happen, and that makes you believe it didn't happen.

    And a girl we all know he gave money to says it didn't happen.

    And to you that means it didn't happen...

    Are you absolutely certain, that you're looking at this the right way.

  5. #15
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I think you are getting too minute in the detail of the situation. The leader is saying it didn't happen, the girl is saying it didn't happen, yet the political detractors are pushing this as if it did, and the trial is over....Remember this:



    Uh huh.....


    j-mac
    And I think you are being to general in trying to equate having sex with an underage girl to getting a BJ from an intern. You can say their responses maybe similar, but that is about it.

  6. #16
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    To compare Clinton to Berlusconi is quite a fallacy my friend.
    No ****... after all this is just the very small tip of the iceberg. It is much more like Al Capone, where the "law" finally got him on tax evasion and not the murder, rape, drug trafficking and smuggling charges.

    In Berlusconi's case they have not been able to get him on corruption charges because Berlusconi owns the parliament who changed the laws in his favour and of course the fact that he owns 90% of the media market in Italy...But not even in Italy, the land that gave us la Cicciolina, can stomach their top politician doing the dirty with technically under-age women and paying for it.. Remember this is only one of a number of young (of legal age for the most part) women coming forward with tapes of conversations and a paper trail, showing that Mr. Berlusconi held orgies in his official residence with prostitutes and his close male friends.

    I hope this will finally get rid of Berlusconi.. Italy needs a break from that crazy man and his idiotic policies.
    PeteEU

  7. #17
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Just so we're clear. This is what you believe.

    A man well known for being corrupt, and having lavish parties quite regularly, says it didn't happen, and that makes you believe it didn't happen.

    And a girl we all know he gave money to says it didn't happen.

    And to you that means it didn't happen...

    Are you absolutely certain, that you're looking at this the right way.

    Not at all. It probably did happen with the limited information we are given at this point, or at least it doesn't look good for him.

    No, all I am saying is that we must wait until all the facts are known, unless equal justice, and innocent until proven guilty in a court of law is only a nice saying when you need it to be.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #18
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    85

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    No ****... after all this is just the very small tip of the iceberg. It is much more like Al Capone, where the "law" finally got him on tax evasion and not the murder, rape, drug trafficking and smuggling charges.

    In Berlusconi's case they have not been able to get him on corruption charges because Berlusconi owns the parliament who changed the laws in his favour and of course the fact that he owns 90% of the media market in Italy...But not even in Italy, the land that gave us la Cicciolina, can stomach their top politician doing the dirty with technically under-age women and paying for it.. Remember this is only one of a number of young (of legal age for the most part) women coming forward with tapes of conversations and a paper trail, showing that Mr. Berlusconi held orgies in his official residence with prostitutes and his close male friends.

    I hope this will finally get rid of Berlusconi.. Italy needs a break from that crazy man and his idiotic policies.
    and who in italy supports berlusconi?...the selfish rich and their version of our rural hillbilly tparty. italy's gop

  9. #19
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by diablo45 View Post
    and who in italy supports berlusconi?...the selfish rich and their version of our rural hillbilly tparty. italy's gop
    Unfortunately, quite a sizeable proportion of the electorate supports Berlusconi, and continues to do so even during these sex scandals. Speak to a few Italians, I did when I was in Genoa for a few days just before Xmas, and a lot of them think that it's okay for the PM to throw wild parties every so often. He's single again, he's rich - at least he's not a homo! - and yes, the underage thing isn't good, but girls lie, you know. Do not assume this is the end of Berlusconi, or even the beginning of the end. The guy virtually owns the country, I'd say he's all but untouchable.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  10. #20
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    85

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Unfortunately, quite a sizeable proportion of the electorate supports Berlusconi, and continues to do so even during these sex scandals. Speak to a few Italians, I did when I was in Genoa for a few days just before Xmas, and a lot of them think that it's okay for the PM to throw wild parties every so often. He's single again, he's rich - at least he's not a homo! - and yes, the underage thing isn't good, but girls lie, you know. Do not assume this is the end of Berlusconi, or even the beginning of the end. The guy virtually owns the country, I'd say he's all but untouchable.
    i don't disagree; i'm simply saying his base of support is similar to that of the gop in the u.s....the rich and the nationalists

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •