Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 145

Thread: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I have no idea if she's underage or not. I just wanted the opportunity to post the pic.
    Judging by that pic I'd want her to provide some medical clearance first.

  2. #102
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,092

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Are the laws in Italy is such a sad state that any political leader can change them at their own whim?
    YES! that is the bloody point! He has had a majority in the Parliament and Senate and has changed laws to fit his situation by giving himself immunity or by changing the law all together so to avoid prosecution. Alone the immunity issue took years to get rid off and all in the while he ran the country as he saw fit.

    My understanding is that both parties have denied that any money exchanged hands. Who is actually making these charges?
    The wire taps of them. Ironically I believe the wire taps were part of a prostitution case and it snared the big man himself. They also have paperwork of payments from him via his aides to many women, many of which have a history of selling the bodies for sex.

    You say he is as "corrupt as hell" but bring no evidence, just the usual gossip and speculation.
    Changing the law so to avoid court cases is not corruption any more?

    Silvio Berlusconi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Look at the "aquittal" ones..

    (acquittal following the new law on the false accounting passed by the Berlusconi government)
    is mentioned A LOT!

    Considering he is a Prime Minister of a country, the amount of cases against him is mind boggling.

    You keep claiming he is corrupt but offer no hard evidence.
    Google it. Plenty of evidence out there.

    And so what if he has "sex orgies" with prostitutes? Is that illegal in Italy or has Europe suddenly gone all puritan again?
    Nope, but how would you react if Bush 2 had sex orgies in the White House with GOP politicians and CEOs of big GOP doners, and all the women were paid for sex? Is that something you would accept?

    If one man is able to put laws in place in Italy, or any European country, it seems that they have gone back to their bad old ways, and "sex orgies" should be the least of their worries.
    There is only one country where one man can do that.. and that is Italy and he has as I have shown. As for "going back to their bad old ways", what exactly does that mean.
    PeteEU

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    YES! that is the bloody point! He has had a majority in the Parliament and Senate and has changed laws to fit his situation by giving himself immunity or by changing the law all together so to avoid prosecution. Alone the immunity issue took years to get rid off and all in the while he ran the country as he saw fit.
    OK, So "he" didn't actually do anything illegal because the majority in Parliament supported him. And of course he should run the country, with the approval of parliament, as he sees fit.
    The wire taps of them. Ironically I believe the wire taps were part of a prostitution case and it snared the big man himself. They also have paperwork of payments from him via his aides to many women, many of which have a history of selling the bodies for sex.
    Is prostitution now illegal in Italy? Have the Italians recently become rather prudish when it comes to sex? I thought they were more sophisticated than that. Someone seems to be making a big fuss out of this and getting people all excited. Who's the loudest voice?

    Changing the law so to avoid court cases is not corruption any more?
    Not if it is done legally. But you seem to be saying that the entire political system in Italy is corrupt.

    I see where he was found guilty of one crime but amnesty was applied. You seem to be implying that "acquittal" is the same as guilty.

    Is he being recharged for any of those crimes?

    My point is that because he was acquitted for one reason or another he shouldn't be tried now on trumped up charges because people are pissed with him. None of what you said should be related to whatever the charges are against him now. In fact there are laws in the democracies to protect us from whatever we have done in the past to be reintroduced at another trial for unrelated offenses. This also smacks of double jeopardy.
    Considering he is a Prime Minister of a country, the amount of cases against him is mind boggling.
    That's true, but it could also mean he has a lot of political enemies who want to make mischief. I can certainly understand his competition in the media wouldn't mind demonizing him, though that is also speculation.


    Google it. Plenty of evidence out there.
    You want to make claims and then have me investigate their veracity? Not likely.

    Nope, but how would you react if Bush 2 had sex orgies in the White House with GOP politicians and CEOs of big GOP doners, and all the women were paid for sex? Is that something you would accept?
    No, i would find it irresponsible and wouldn't vote for him but that doesn't make it illegal. It is certainly, if true, poor judgment,

    There is only one country where one man can do that.. and that is Italy and he has as I have shown. As for "going back to their bad old ways", what exactly does that mean.
    But you said earlier he had to have the majority in Parliament. Did the entire Parliament vote against him and he, as one man, was still able to change the law? Does Italy not have a proper Constitution?
    Last edited by Grant; 02-16-11 at 08:00 PM.

  4. #104
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, i would find it irresponsible and wouldn't vote for him but that doesn't make it illegal. It is certainly, if true, poor judgment,
    How would Chris Rock say it.... "I'm not saying that what Berlisconi did with a 17 year old sex pot was right ... but I understand!"
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #105
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    How would Chris Rock say it.... "I'm not saying that what Berlisconi did with a 17 year old sex pot was right ... but I understand!"
    And how would Mrs Merton have put it? "Now, tell me Miss Mahroug, what was it about the billionaire Silvio Berlusconi that first attracted you to him?"
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  6. #106
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    And how would Mrs Merton have put it? "Now, tell me Miss Mahroug, what was it about the billionaire Silvio Berlusconi that first attracted you to him?"
    Ahem.... touche. Apparently the benefit was mutual - I'm assuming.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #107
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    He'll get away. They only put poor people in jail. Look at all the bankers who got away. The Supreme Court in Italy already delayed his corruption charges for bribery which should have taken place last year. The court ruled it would be too disruptive to pull Berlusconi from government last year so he received a delay. I'm not saying Italy is corrupt, just bad decision making. In the U.S. however, our legal system is much worse in enforcing judgements against the rich, high placed officials and police.
    Last edited by Kane; 02-17-11 at 05:19 PM.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    He'll get away. They only put poor people in jail. Look at all the bankers who got away. The Supreme Court in Italy already delayed his corruption charges for bribery which should have taken place last year. The court ruled it would be too disruptive to pull Berlusconi from government last year so he received a delay. I'm not saying Italy is corrupt, just bad decision making. In the U.S. however, our legal system is much worse in enforcing judgements against the rich, high placed officials and police.
    Worse than Italy?

    Can you give some examples?

  9. #109
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    We are way worse than most Western nations.

    Bush/Cheney got away. OJ (but Clinton was witch hunted.) Patrick Fitzgerald botched the WH probe, not by accident. The 9-11 Commission, the Warren Report, police get off for shootings and beatings etc. How about the red scare in the 50's and blacklists?

    Now the TV news is trying to exonerate Kircher in the media, by slandering Italy.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Silvio Berlusconi To Stand Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    We are way worse than most Western nations.

    Bush/Cheney got away. OJ (but Clinton was witch hunted.) Patrick Fitzgerald botched the WH probe, not by accident. The 9-11 Commission, the Warren Report, police get off for shootings and beatings etc. How about the red scare in the 50's and blacklists?

    Now the TV news is trying to exonerate Kircher in the media, by slandering Italy.
    LOL!! Yes, how about the red scare in the 50's and blacklists!

    Why don't you make a citizens arrest of Bush and Cheney and charge them with something?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •