Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Young Protesters Clash With Police in Bahrain

  1. #21
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,661

    Re: Young Protesters Clash With Police in Bahrain

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You type this like you have experience with getting some elbow.
    Sitting in a strip club in Bahrain is one of the most sad and anti-climactic experiences you will EVER have...

  2. #22
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Young Protesters Clash With Police in Bahrain

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Peak oil is a myth. You can't say that we have peaked when you put off limits the known oil in the first place. It is a man made shortage.
    Thanks for your opinion. I think I'll go with the military, the world's geologists, and the oil companies on this one.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #23
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Young Protesters Clash With Police in Bahrain

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Thanks for your opinion. I think I'll go with the military, the world's geologists, and the oil companies on this one.

    And I'll wait for real technology to take the place of fossil fuels, meanwhile, calling for the exploration, and drilling of our own resources. Only then will we see a shift in how the world approaches this dilemma.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Young Protesters Clash With Police in Bahrain

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Sitting in a strip club in Bahrain is one of the most sad and anti-climactic experiences you will EVER have...
    I'm pretty sure it's one of the most sad and anti-climactic experiences I will NEVER have. I've sat in strip clubs in Panama City and Pensacola. That was enough.

  5. #25
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,661

    Re: Young Protesters Clash With Police in Bahrain

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's one of the most sad and anti-climactic experiences I will NEVER have. I've sat in strip clubs in Panama City and Pensacola. That was enough.
    I was a bodyguard at the Palomino Club in Vegas...different strip club atmosphere there than say...the Crazy Horse Too...also in Vegas...

    Picture a blonde, a redhead, or a philipino woman (but they preferred American women). Coming out in a dress, with gloves on...every once in a while hiking the dress up to get the slighest hint of garter. She walks around the room while men 'buy' her silk flowers and feather boas...which they gallantly hand to her and she carries or wears them...ADDING to the layers of clothing...the climax of the performance comes when she removes her gloves...slooooooooowly...seductively...maybe taking the fingertip of the glove in her teeth as she pulls it off...and then drops it...in some lucky guys lap. As she walks off stage she hands the silk flowers and boas to the sales girl who also collects the glove.

    I think the most risque outfit I saw was a redheaded woman in a Daisy Duke outfit...

    For the right price you can have the privelege of sitting across from one of the dancers and...now...calm down...hold her hand while you sip tea and make small talk. for what I can only assume is a MUCH greater price, you can be taken upstairs. I have to confess I have no idea what happens upstairs...but I know whatever happens it doesnt happen with the dancers. Im guessing TCN stunt doubles...

  6. #26
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Young Protesters Clash With Police in Bahrain

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And I'll wait for real technology to take the place of fossil fuels, meanwhile, calling for the exploration, and drilling of our own resources. Only then will we see a shift in how the world approaches this dilemma.
    Knock yourself out!

    "Strong economic growths across the globe and new global demands for more energy have meant the end of sustained surplus capacity in hydrocarbon fuels and the beginning of capacity limitations. In fact, the world is currently precariously close to utilizing all of its available oil-production capacity, raising the chances of an oil-supply crisis with more substantial consequences then seen in three decades."

    "Americans face long-term energy delivery challenges and volatile energy prices is the failure of both Democrats and Republicans to fashion a workable energy policy. Energy policy was allowed to drift by both political parties despite its centrality to America’s domestic economy and to our nation’s security. It was permitted to drift despite the fact that virtually every American recession since the late 1940s has been preceded by spikes in oil prices. The American people need to know about this situation and be told as well that there are no easy or quick solutions to today’s energy problems."

    "Supply-side responses alone will not suffice."

    "As it is, national solutions alone cannot work. Politicians still speak of U.S. energy independence, while the United States is importing more than half of its oil supplies and may soon for the first time become reliant on sources outside North America for substantial amounts of natural gas. More flexible environmental regulation and opening of more federal lands to drilling might slow but cannot stop this process. Dependence is so incredibly large, and growing so inexorably, that national autonomy is simply not a viable goal. In the global economy, it may not even be a desirable one."

    http://www.rice.edu/energy/publicati...eport_Final.pd
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #27
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Young Protesters Clash With Police in Bahrain

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Knock yourself out!

    "Strong economic growths across the globe and new global demands for more energy have meant the end of sustained surplus capacity in hydrocarbon fuels and the beginning of capacity limitations. In fact, the world is currently precariously close to utilizing all of its available oil-production capacity, raising the chances of an oil-supply crisis with more substantial consequences then seen in three decades."

    "Americans face long-term energy delivery challenges and volatile energy prices is the failure of both Democrats and Republicans to fashion a workable energy policy. Energy policy was allowed to drift by both political parties despite its centrality to America’s domestic economy and to our nation’s security. It was permitted to drift despite the fact that virtually every American recession since the late 1940s has been preceded by spikes in oil prices. The American people need to know about this situation and be told as well that there are no easy or quick solutions to today’s energy problems."

    "Supply-side responses alone will not suffice."

    "As it is, national solutions alone cannot work. Politicians still speak of U.S. energy independence, while the United States is importing more than half of its oil supplies and may soon for the first time become reliant on sources outside North America for substantial amounts of natural gas. More flexible environmental regulation and opening of more federal lands to drilling might slow but cannot stop this process. Dependence is so incredibly large, and growing so inexorably, that national autonomy is simply not a viable goal. In the global economy, it may not even be a desirable one."

    http://www.rice.edu/energy/publicati...eport_Final.pd

    "404 error" However, hyperbolic liberal the "sky is falling" approach was debunked with Gore's stupid movie, that is all but with the "true believers" of the GW religion.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #28
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Young Protesters Clash With Police in Bahrain

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "404 error"
    Sorry about that, here you go: http://www.rice.edu/energy/publications/docs/TaskForceReport_Final
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #29
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Young Protesters Clash With Police in Bahrain

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post

    thanks for the link Cat, however so far it doesn't change my opinion of the "sky is falling" crowd. many things you'll find little disagreement about from me, however, I'd like to think myself a realist, and as such I know that the left's wet dream of an oil free existence is pipe dream until we can find a way to do that sustainably. All this "nudging" coming from the Elite trying to push this to happen too quickly will result in failure. And a real suffering of the poor, and middle class.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #30
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Young Protesters Clash With Police in Bahrain

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    thanks for the link Cat, however so far it doesn't change my opinion of the "sky is falling" crowd. many things you'll find little disagreement about from me, however, I'd like to think myself a realist, and as such I know that the left's wet dream of an oil free existence is pipe dream until we can find a way to do that sustainably. All this "nudging" coming from the Elite trying to push this to happen too quickly will result in failure. And a real suffering of the poor, and middle class.

    You're welcome J-mac! I don't consider the military, the world's geologists, and the oil companies to be leftists, and I don't consider 40 years of ignoring the problem to be rushing anything.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •