Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 466

Thread: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

  1. #431
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    You know, I'm interested to where you got that from my comment. You grasped at a portion of what I said and blew it way out of proportion.

    I think our NRU is going to stay at ~7% for at least the next decade.
    As j-mac pointed out, it was obvious from your post. I'm surprised you even asked.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #432
    Sleeper Agent
    iamitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY, NY
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    As j-mac pointed out, it was obvious from your post. I'm surprised you even asked.
    No, it wasn't. I said Europe, using them as an example for a Western world, has always had ~8% NRU and that we may be leaving the time where we have an abnormally low NRU, too.
    Where you got from that that I "want us to be just like Europe" I don't have the slightest idea.
    Give a man a fish, or he will destroy the only existing vial of antidote.

  3. #433
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    No, it wasn't. I said Europe, using them as an example for a Western world, has always had ~8% NRU and that we may be leaving the time where we have an abnormally low NRU, too.
    Where you got from that that I "want us to be just like Europe" I don't have the slightest idea.
    I'm not going to argue with you, but if you want to believe that, feel free.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  4. #434
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    No, it wasn't. I said Europe, using them as an example for a Western world, has always had ~8% NRU and that we may be leaving the time where we have an abnormally low NRU, too.
    Where you got from that that I "want us to be just like Europe" I don't have the slightest idea.

    If you want to make the argument that throughout our history our employment rates have usually hovered around a 6% to 8% unemployment then that is a valid argument, and our stint of under 5% was unusual. However, I don't believe any comparisons with Europe or any other country are applicable unless you don't believe America to be any different than the countries you are comparing.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #435
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    as per OP; i think this sums it up nicely:


  6. #436
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    as per OP; i think this sums it up nicely:

    Outstanding!! We all know that Obama is nothing but talk as he will by the end of fiscal year 2011 will add more debt in three years than Bush did in 8.

  7. #437
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Outstanding!! We all know that Obama is nothing but talk as he will by the end of fiscal year 2011 will add more debt in three years than Bush did in 8.

    Oh but....but.....but he had to to save the free world....hahaha....I tell ya....Well, gotta go...we are going to take advantage of some real affordable housing, and do our part for the economy the free market way.....buy a house....yay! starting our shopping today!

    Check in later.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #438
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh but....but.....but he had to to save the free world....hahaha....I tell ya....Well, gotta go...we are going to take advantage of some real affordable housing, and do our part for the economy the free market way.....buy a house....yay! starting our shopping today!

    Check in later.

    j-mac
    Good for you, congratulations and good luck!

  9. #439
    Sleeper Agent
    iamitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY, NY
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    If you want to make the argument that throughout our history our employment rates have usually hovered around a 6% to 8% unemployment then that is a valid argument, and our stint of under 5% was unusual. However, I don't believe any comparisons with Europe or any other country are applicable unless you don't believe America to be any different than the countries you are comparing.

    j-mac
    That's completely idiotic. You're saying its wrong to compare things unless they are the same.
    Every major economy has usually had a NRU around 7% and its completely fair to compare America to places with similarly developed economies. We are not some special entity that we can't compare ourselves to anyone else.
    Last edited by iamitter; 03-29-11 at 03:18 PM.
    Give a man a fish, or he will destroy the only existing vial of antidote.

  10. #440

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •