Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 466

Thread: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

  1. #321
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Could you please point out how they are different? To my knowledge liberals used Medicare as a template in the early stages of the HC battle, at one point even saying that they should expand it to cover all and be done with it.....So tell me how they are different.


    j-mac
    You're knowledge is limit is appears. Medicare only serves the most likely to need care. Same with Medicad. This makes them a high risk grouping. It would be like an insurance company only having those who need care, with few to no well people contributing. Add to it all the efforts to short change the programs. In a single payer system all people would pay premiums. This enlarges the pool. Also, the added benefit of removing it from business, allowing them better able to compete with the rest of the world.

    BTW, considering all they tackle, medicare does very well. I beleuive there was a chart some time go showing that Medicare got more for the dollar than our insurance companies do. Just saying . . .

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #322
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're knowledge is limit is appears.
    characteristically incoherent

    Medicare only serves the most likely to need care.
    medicare serves ALL americans over the age of 65

    you don't know what you're talking about

    I beleuive there was a chart some time go showing that Medicare got more for the dollar than our insurance companies do.
    a chart---LOL!

    asa study found that after controlling for age, gender, geography, 30 comorbid conditions and all other controllable parameters, medicare got WHALLOPED by those whose primary payer status is a private insurer

    you don't know what you're talking about

  3. #323
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    All Americans over 65. Over sixty five is a high risk group.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #324
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    You're knowledge is limit is appears. Medicare only serves the most likely to need care. Same with Medicad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    All Americans over 65. Over sixty five is a high risk group.

    You're contradicting yourself again Boo. Which is it - Medicare and Medicaid is only serves the most likely to need care or does Medicare serve everyone over 65? Somehow a mistake on something so benign and basic on your part isn't doing much for your argument or credibility on this subject. I think it's time you
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #325
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You're contradicting yourself again Boo. Which is it - Medicare and Medicaid is only serves the most likely to need care or does Medicare serve everyone over 65? Somehow a mistake on something so benign and basic on your part isn't doing much for your argument or credibility on this subject. I think it's time you
    This is not rocjet science. Everyone over 65 is a high risk group, most likely to need care. The mistake is on your part, as you don't seem to understand.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #326
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    This is not rolar to a filibuster. (I hadn't thought of that comparison, but it seems apt).cjet science. Everyone over 65 is a high risk group, most likely to need care. The mistake is on your part, as you don't seem to understand.
    So you make a mistake and it's my fault! You don't seem to understand the word "contradictory" - (Hint: it doesn't mean "afford" or "access"). Just more of your little games Boo... which are boring.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #327
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    So you make a mistake and it's my fault! You don't seem to understand the word "contradictory" - (Hint: it doesn't mean "afford" or "access"). Just more of your little games Boo... which are boring.
    Nope, both were your mistake. You don't seem able to follow. I'm not sure I can fix that for you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #328
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope, both were your mistake. You don't seem able to follow. I'm not sure I can fix that for you.
    Nope, you're just playing games. You should try educating yourself before posting - or read what you post.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #329
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    medicare serves only the most likely to need care---LOL!

  10. #330
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    medicare serves only the most likely to need care---LOL!
    Prof - you misunderstand...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •