Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 466

Thread: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

  1. #281
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It's a way to identify people still have access. What's weak is your constant insistance that two different things are one thing. You wrong. I've proven you wrong since the first reply. Pick up a dictionary and prove it to yourself.
    As I said, self professions are meaningless.

    You can find a dictionary definition here:

    Access | Define Access at Dictionary.com

    Here's some reading for you that discuss access probelms with health care:

    The Problem - Lack of Access to Health Care

    The Problem - Lack of Access to Health Care

    Study Finds 56M Lack Access To Basic Health Care

    Study Finds 56M Lack Access To Basic Health Care

    The Year in Review --Ob/Gyn & Women's Health: Lack of Access to Healthcare -- Poverty and Racial Disparity in the United States

    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/496841_15

    A Deadly Lack of Access to Healthcare

    A Deadly Lack of Access to Healthcare | Change.org News

    http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/30/2/247

    Rural health in the United States - Google Books

    Access to Health Care

    Not to mention:


    Thu, Feb 17 2011
    Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance

    (Reuters) - Nearly 45,000 people die in the United States each year -- one every 12 minutes -- in large part because they lack health insurance and can not get good care, Harvard Medical School researchers found in an analysis released on Thursday.

    Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance | Reuters

    So, no, you have it wrong. And it isn't just me saying so, but any search should show you your error. But, I tried to get you to address the issue by saying call it what you want, the problem is there regardless. You know, a rose by any other name, or in this case, a problem by any other name. That you choose to ignore the issue and play gamse speaks to you and little more.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #282
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Refer to post #271

    Here's some info:
    Single Payer Actual Culprit in Arizona Organ Transplant Rationing Secondhand Smoke | A First Things Blog

    Health care access via free clinics (Medical, Dental, Optical) even when the individuals cannot afford to obtain Health Insurance.

    Free Medical Clinics, Free Dental Clinics, Free Medical Help All over USA

    The National Association of Free Clinics

    HRSA - Find a Health Center - Search Page


    Health Insurance for the Poor or Uninsured
    Health Insurance for the Unemployed

    New Data on Health Insurance, the Working Poor, and the Benefits ofHealth Care Tax Changes | The Heritage Foundation

    Low Income Health Insurance

    As I already stated, 100% of all American's have access to insurance. Whether they can pay for said insurance is a different issue. Those who are working poor or are low income have health insurance they can get, as my links show. Uninsured American's have access to Health care via the local Hospital Emergency Room, Free Clinics, or Charitable health care provided through Churches or religious / private funded hospitals.

    Not only are you WRONG, your ignorance on this topic is astounding. There's a reason your nonsense has up until recently been ignored by me, that's because you cannot hold an adult conversation or be honest in your debate. The games, my friend, are yours. Keep making up meanings that fit your ideology and view point - I find them entertaining as hell and an example of how far a person will go to bend reality to their own.

    Now go pester someone else, or come back for more. Either way is fine by me.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #283
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Can't pay for, you don't have access. Nothing you link changes that. BTW, have you even been in a big city free clinic? Might want to visit one sometime. And no, ER's free clinics, charity, all are inadequate and not equal to adequate access. And some don't really have those.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #284
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Can't pay for, you don't have access.
    100% have access. I've proved that multiple times, you just refuse to accept it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nothing you link changes that.
    It all is provided for you, you only need to put aside your prejudice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    BTW, have you even been in a big city free clinic? Might want to visit one sometime. And no, ER's free clinics, charity, all are inadequate and not equal to adequate access. And some don't really have those.
    Sure, NY Walk in Clinic on 125st. What's inadequate about them? And access is provided to anyone who wants to walk in.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #285
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Can't pay for, you don't have access. Nothing you link changes that. BTW, have you even been in a big city free clinic? Might want to visit one sometime. And no, ER's free clinics, charity, all are inadequate and not equal to adequate access. And some don't really have those.
    First you claim there is no healthcare for those that can't pay, then in the next sentence ask if they've been to a free clinic.

    Which is it ??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #286
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    100% have access. I've proved that multiple times, you just refuse to accept it. It all is provided for you, you only need to put aside your prejudice.
    No, they don't and you ahven't. I've given rebuttal links. The problem of access continues. ERs and Free clincs don't do everything. Many go without many needed cares. They don't have access.

    Sure, NY Walk in Clinic on 125st. What's inadequate about them? And access is provided to anyone who wants to walk in.
    If you have to ask, I don't believe you've been in one.

    The safety net for Michigan’s uninsured population with diabetes and mental illness is weak.

    (snip)

    For instance, in a particularly troubled community (5), the only clinic that reported access to specialty services has a formal affiliation with the community’s main health system. We found similar examples in communities 1 and 3. The interviews suggested that clinics without either formal referral systems (such as through a CHP or affiliations with local health systems) depend solely on volunteerism.

    Community Responses to Diabetes and Mental Health Care for the Uninsured Population in Michigan

    New Analysis Indicates Community Health Centers Lack Resources To Provide Poor And Rural Communities With Much Needed Vision Care Services

    New Analysis Indicates Community Health Centers Lack Resources To Provide Poor And Rural Communities With Much Needed Vision Care Services

    Although community health centers and public hospitals are the most visible safety-net providers, physicians in private practice are the main source of care for the uninsured and Medicaid enrollees. Yet the number of these physicians providing free care is declining, even as the need for their services increases.

    (snip)

    Struggle financially. Many volunteer programs are in a precarious financial position, relying on community resources such as United Way, hospitals, faith-based organizations, and individual contributions to keep them alive. In our survey, staff members of free clinics and referral networks noted, though, that businesses and hospitals sometimes contribute little financially to the volunteer organizations whose free medical services save them money.

    Is There A (Volunteer) Doctor In The House? Free Clinics And Volunteer Physician Referral Networks In The United States




    You might also read:

    Free clinic exposes health care crisis in Los Angeles

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #287
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    First you claim there is no healthcare for those that can't pay, then in the next sentence ask if they've been to a free clinic.

    Which is it ??
    I think it is that you guys live in a world of absolutes. The world isn't that way. Most often I use the words adequate access. Sometimes I think that gets lost.

    Free clinics vary from place to palce, and some are better than others. Some struggle much more, but all have limitations. And they are not everywhere. We have an access problem in this country. That's the point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #288
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think it is that you guys live in a world of absolutes. The world isn't that way. Most often I use the words adequate access. Sometimes I think that gets lost.

    Free clinics vary from place to palce, and some are better than others. Some struggle much more, but all have limitations. And they are not everywhere. We have an access problem in this country. That's the point.
    BS. Anyone in this county can get routine health care at free clinics. More serious problems are taken care of at thousands of hospitals that accept patients with no insurance and no means to pay.

    Every county in this country has a free clinic. The problem is that people don't like to wait for their turn at the free clinics. Tough. My wife went to the doc this week and had an appointment for 2:45. She saw the doctor at 4:30 and we have very good insurance. Waiting to see a doctor is a fact of life.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  9. #289
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    BS. Anyone in this county can get routine health care at free clinics. More serious problems are taken care of at thousands of hospitals that accept patients with no insurance and no means to pay.

    Every county in this country has a free clinic. The problem is that people don't like to wait for their turn at the free clinics. Tough. My wife went to the doc this week and had an appointment for 2:45. She saw the doctor at 4:30 and we have very good insurance. Waiting to see a doctor is a fact of life.
    I'm afraid there is evidence to the contrary and I have presented some of that evidence.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #290
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm afraid there is evidence to the contrary and I have presented some of that evidence.
    No, you presented evidence from biased sources. There are 8 free clinics within 25 miles of me right now.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •