Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 466

Thread: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

  1. #131
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,494

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Wow @entitlement and debt. Good job democrats, what's your plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    I pay a significant amount more, actually. Even after tax deductible donations I make.
    As do I. I might be a pixel or two, depending on the resolution

  2. #132
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That may or may not be true. However, it is still less expensive than that of Single payer. But this is about the Macro, not the micro issue of health care as far as the budget is concerned.

    Why do you suppose Boo, that the proposed budget only contains those cuts that are insignificant to actual deficit reduction?

    And where the hell is Obama going to get over $3 Trillion to pay for it?


    j-mac
    I thought those were rhetorical. Sorry.

    We've seen this type of Budget from both parties for as long as you and I have been alive. All our leaders know two things: You can't deal with the deficit without cutting medicare, Ss and the military, or raising taxes, or both. As none of those things fit with public desires, and seats will be lost if anyone proposed any of it, our leaders dance and pretend, and they do so in both parties.

    We pay for healthcare now, more than anyone else. We could make a cast of shifting costs from the ad hock method we presently employ to taxes, which would be cheaper and more cost efective, or we could pretend as we've done for decades that there is no connection to services and how we pay for them.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    All relative, we make more than any other country in the world, have more people, higher thresholds for drug and medical procedure approvals, and higher corporate tax rates on business.
    Not relative at all. We falt out spend more.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    We also have a greater population than those with Single payer. However, this is about the budget as a whole, could you stick to the questions I asked? If you want to continue your propaganda in favor of Single payer, may I suggest that you start yet another thread about it? Otherwise stick to the budget.


    j-mac
    That's why it is measured as a percentage. But if cost is your argument, in this thread or any other, I have to ask why you want to argue for paying more?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What you want is someone else to take over your personal responsibility issues? Why do you believe the Federal Govt. can give you what you WANT? What you seem to want is the utopia that liberals always promise and never deliver. A govt. that is big enough to give you all that you WANT is also big enough to take it all away. Our Constitution guarantees equal opportunity, you want equal outcome. Affordable healthcare is a relative term and different depending on the individual. In spite of history you seem to believe the govt. can provide affordable anything? Name for me one thing that the govt. has provided that has reduced costs and improved quality?
    Just as a matter of point, this is where the health care discussion started. The choice is always to answer it or ignore it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course it is because when you talk about greed not once have I heard you or anyone else talk about Govt. greed. You have no problem at all about buying the rhetoric about spending in the name of compassion but not once have questioned the lack of results from that spending thus rhetoric always trumps substance.
    Greedy are the ones who want something someone else worked for.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #137
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Greedy are the ones who want something someone else worked for.
    And who exactly wants that?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #138
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Greedy are the ones who want something someone else worked for.
    That would be covetousness, not greed.

  9. #139
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    That would be covetousness, not greed.
    Uhhh... couvetousness is the synonym for avarice, who's definition is "extreme greed".

    Covetousness Synonyms, Covetousness Antonyms | Thesaurus.com
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #140
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    i wanna know too.....!

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •