Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 466

Thread: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

  1. #111
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, I am paying for is so why do you care? You think the people of Iowa should pay for problems in the state of TX?

    Obama just submitted another trillion dollar deficit in his budget and your goal is to continue to promote more spending with Obamacare. How many times have we argued this point, nothing is going to change your mind or mine and I have history on my side.
    Follow the argument. Personal responsibility would be calling fon people to pay their fair share, their responisbility. You're not doing that. You're excusing them for not meeting their obligation, and you're paying for them not to. Your argument is simply confusing, and not all that logical, and certainly not one that supports personal responsibility.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #112
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It simply doesn't work that way. Right now, you are paying for it. Not only that, you'r epaying for failed colelction efforts. So, you pay twice.
    That may or may not be true. However, it is still less expensive than that of Single payer. But this is about the Macro, not the micro issue of health care as far as the budget is concerned.

    Why do you suppose Boo, that the proposed budget only contains those cuts that are insignificant to actual deficit reduction?

    And where the hell is Obama going to get over $3 Trillion to pay for it?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #113
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Boo, listen to yourself.

    I could have slaves right now and pay less for labor than I currently do. Doesn't make it right.

    You can sell your freedom and then claim you're "better off", but that seems ludicrous.

    And besides, getting more for less is just another way to say "greed". So you want a more greedy system...but liblady thinks government somehow "opposes" greed (or can oppose it, or even knows what greed is!?)

    No, I will pay a higher premium if it means I retain the freedom of choice. People died to get that freedom, selling it for a few bucks seems nuts. And besides, the service you get from universal payer is not the same. You aren't paying less, for the same.
    Then amke another argument. The one I responded to was arguing cost.

    And nothig says you lose any choice. You're assuming something not proven, hell, not even argued that anyone was for. A unviersal payer system is not one where the government runs the treatment side. In fact, it could be run in away in which you have more choice than you do with your current insurer.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Follow the argument. Personal responsibility would be calling fon people to pay their fair share, their responisbility. You're not doing that. You're excusing them for not meeting their obligation, and you're paying for them not to. Your argument is simply confusing, and not all that logical, and certainly not one that supports personal responsibility.
    No, it is you that expects the govt. to fund personal responsibility issues in your state. I don't see an answer to the question, why do you care that I have to pay for the uninsured in my state? you continue to miss the point completely, healthcare is a personal responsibility issue, always has been, and if people shirk that responsibility the people of the community and the state are responsible for solving the problem, not a bloated federal govt.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That may or may not be true. However, it is still less expensive than that of Single payer. But this is about the Macro, not the micro issue of health care as far as the budget is concerned.

    Why do you suppose Boo, that the proposed budget only contains those cuts that are insignificant to actual deficit reduction?

    And where the hell is Obama going to get over $3 Trillion to pay for it?


    j-mac
    No, there is no evidence of that. In fact, we currently spend more than anyone else, including those with a single payer system.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Then amke another argument. The one I responded to was arguing cost.

    And nothig says you lose any choice. You're assuming something not proven, hell, not even argued that anyone was for. A unviersal payer system is not one where the government runs the treatment side. In fact, it could be run in away in which you have more choice than you do with your current insurer.
    Whoa here! assuming something not proven? That is what you continue to do with the healthcare proposal. You buy what you are told in spite of the fact that everywhere in the world healthcare costs continue to rise even with the single payer system. You ignore the cost of the MA program and continue to spout what has not been proven. Still buying the Obama rhetoric just like the 3.7 trillion dollar budget cuts spending?

  7. #117
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, there is no evidence of that. In fact, we currently spend more than anyone else, including those with a single payer system.
    All relative, we make more than any other country in the world, have more people, higher thresholds for drug and medical procedure approvals, and higher corporate tax rates on business.

  8. #118
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, there is no evidence of that. In fact, we currently spend more than anyone else, including those with a single payer system.
    We also have a greater population than those with Single payer. However, this is about the budget as a whole, could you stick to the questions I asked? If you want to continue your propaganda in favor of Single payer, may I suggest that you start yet another thread about it? Otherwise stick to the budget.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #119
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's true, but not new. we're apying for our wars that way as well. Didn't even Reagan go for borrowing money? The fact is we've been running deficit spending from the beginning of this country, and a small number of folks have been bothered by, depending on the party in power. Both sides make more excuses when their party is in power.
    No one's saying we shouldn't run a deficit, however, there's a point in time when the deficit is no longer beneficial. We hit that point a while ago, yet the spending went on very merrily, and the new policies did too. The U.S. has been on a druken spending spree for 30+ years, it's got to stop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But what isn't theorectical is that Universal systems spend less.
    Show me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We ahve the rnakings. We spend more.
    Where's the implemented system that shows this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Sure, all countries are struggling because cash is short. But your side seems to be arguing that this is an excuse to keep a system that costs us more and not to adopt one that costs less. I just find that odd.
    I can't speak for "my side", I'm speaking for myself and I want you to show me the hard evidence that supports your claim a universal system pays less.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #120
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,945

    Re: Obama's FY 2012 Budget

    Moderator's Warning:
    Obama's FY 2012 BudgetNote that this is a thread about the Budget, not health care. The comments and discussion needs to keep itself firmly rooted in how health care interacts with the Budget and not stray out of it. The threads already been tried to derailed a number of times...either keep yourself in check, or get off the line of conversation if you're not able to.

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •