Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 156

Thread: Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

  1. #101
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I find it ridiculously hillarious that you would sit here and bash, degrade, and attack the DailyKOS
    i don't bash, degrade or attack sources

    i use em

    it's true---ron paul has been associated very centrally with some of the worst HATE i recall ever seeing in american politics

    and i've seen it all

    sorry

  2. #102
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,755

    Re: Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    No doubt that FOX wants the strongest Republican to win. This is why Paul should go third party and be his own man in control of his own campaign and not be dependent on FOX like so many of the other GOP candidates would be.
    I disagree. By staying in the Republican Party, while he might not become president, Paul has a chance to:

    1) Be a king maker, by garnering enough votes to throw to the candidate who best reflects Conservative values.

    2) Have a say in what the platform will be, which is important.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #103
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,994

    Re: Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    i don't bash, degrade or attack sources

    i use em

    it's true---ron paul has been associated very centrally with some of the worst HATE i recall ever seeing in american politics

    and i've seen it all

    sorry
    Oh really? Well, I'm sure then next time you come out and support a candidate you'll be perfectly fine believing any DailyKOS piece against them is gospel truth.

    And actually, its not all true. Its entirely questionable, with the majority of the DailyKOS's accusations ending up not having actually be written by Paul or having been views that have later been completely rejected by Paul or are things ridiculously spun to remove the original intent and meaning similar to what happened to Rand's comment during the recent election.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    it's true---ron paul has been associated very centrally with some of the worst HATE i recall ever seeing in american politics
    Well said. The man is a bigot, no doubt. But in the Republican Party that's par for the course, I guess.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

    Ron is pretty ,much the only republican I like. I can disagree without scoffing at him, and I feel like he'd be a fresh change. I sympathise with some of his views. Last I checked anyway, I dont keep track much.

  6. #106
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Well said. The man is a bigot, no doubt. But in the Republican Party that's par for the course, I guess.
    The racist claim is questionable at best, the anti-gay stuff less so. However, his policy is the only thing that actually matters. I could care less what some one thinks in their heart, what matters to me in how they act. For those of us opposed to Paul, there is more than enough concrete stuff based on his support or opposition to issues and his work in Congress that we don't need tenuous stuff like his maybe, possibly racism stuff to oppose him.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #107
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,755

    Re: Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Oh really? Well, I'm sure then next time you come out and support a candidate you'll be perfectly fine believing any DailyKOS piece against them is gospel truth.

    And actually, its not all true. Its entirely questionable, with the majority of the DailyKOS's accusations ending up not having actually be written by Paul or having been views that have later been completely rejected by Paul or are things ridiculously spun to remove the original intent and meaning similar to what happened to Rand's comment during the recent election.
    My wife has shown me pieces from the Daily KoS, which purport to support Ron Paul. IMHO, I believe that this is a tactic to attempt to divide Republicans, and nothing more. After all, Ron Paul supports reversing Roe v. Wade, leaving the United Nations, disbanding the Department of Education, drastically reducing taxes, drastically reducing aid to the states, wants a flat tax, and I can think of a kajillion more stances Paul has that run completely counter to Liberal ideology. With that in mind, can an independent thinker actually believe that the Daily KoS really supports Paul? Of course not. Paul is very Conservative and Libertarian. Daily KoS is Liberal. Their attempts at fake camaraderie with the Paul campaign are transparent and laughable.

    NOTE: The Daily Kos attempt to paint Ron Paul as someone they could like, when they really don't like him at all, can have a blowback of it's own, in that some misguided Liberals may end up voting for him. But that's OK with me. I'll take those Liberal votes, and they can cry when the Democrats get their asses kicked. LOL.
    Last edited by danarhea; 02-14-11 at 03:37 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    The man is a bigot, no doubt. But in the Republican Party that's par for the course, I guess.
    well, judging from mr paul's support on this thread...

  9. #109
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,910

    Re: Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    well, judging from mr paul's support on this thread...
    Having been on many boards over the years, I can say that there is absolutely no real world relationship between the type of opinion found on a particular message board and the average person.

    The number of people who classify themselves as 'Libertarians" here are a good chunk of the members. But in real life, the Libertarian candidate for Prez gets less than one-half of one percent of the popular vote.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #110
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,910

    Re: Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    My wife has shown me pieces from the Daily KoS, which purport to support Ron Paul. IMHO, I believe that this is a tactic to attempt to divide Republicans, and nothing more. After all, Ron Paul supports reversing Roe v. Wade, leaving the United Nations, disbanding the Department of Education, drastically reducing taxes, drastically reducing aid to the states, wants a flat tax, and I can think of a kajillion more stances Paul has that run completely counter to Liberal ideology. With that in mind, can an independent thinker actually believe that the Daily KoS really supports Paul? Of course not. Paul is very Conservative and Libertarian. Daily KoS is Liberal. Their attempts at fake camaraderie with the Paul campaign are transparent and laughable.

    NOTE: The Daily Kos attempt to paint Ron Paul as someone they could like, when they really don't like him at all, can have a blowback of it's own, in that some misguided Liberals may end up voting for him. But that's OK with me. I'll take those Liberal votes, and they can cry when the Democrats get their asses kicked. LOL.
    there was indeed some friendly press at Kos towards Paul a couple of years ago. I do not know if that writer moved on or what he did but it has cooled considerably since his son got in the mix.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •