Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 134

Thread: Should Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas, Elena Kagan Sit Out Health Care Case?

  1. #61
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas, Elena Kagan Sit Out Health Care Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Ahhhh....I think I'm beginning to connect the dots.
    Common Cause had a protest at a Koch bro. get together. During that protest they called for the hanging of Ginni and Clarence. One protester said he should be put back out in the fields. Another said he should have his toes cut off and fed to him one by one. NAACP and liberal media said it wasn't a national group like the tea party so not really newsworthy.
    Here's Common Cause trying to call the shots about Thomas recusing himself. I guess they are newsworthy in certain liberal causes.


    44 - House Democrats say Justice Thomas should recuse himself in health-care case
    Barb, what the hell does any of that have to do with anything?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Should Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas, Elena Kagan Sit Out Health Care Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Barb, what the hell does any of that have to do with anything?
    It looks to me like the far left is trying to coerce Thomas into recusing himself.
    Common Cause happens to be a very racist group that Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, ignored probably because they all want
    Obamacare to become a reality. Thomas is an obstacle.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  3. #63
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas, Elena Kagan Sit Out Health Care Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    It looks to me like the far left is trying to coerce Thomas into recusing himself.
    Common Cause happens to be a very racist group that Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, ignored probably because they all want
    Obamacare to become a reality. Thomas is an obstacle.
    No more than the right is trying to coerce Kagan to recuse herself.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #64
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Should Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas, Elena Kagan Sit Out Health Care Ca

    Kagan's involvement. Asked and answered.


    July 15, 2010
    During the confirmation hearings, Sen. Tom Coburn (R) of Oklahoma asked Kagan if there was any time as solicitor general that she’d been asked to express an opinion on the legal merits of the health-care bill.

    “There was not,” she responded.

    Would Elena Kagan bow out of a health-care reform case? - CSMonitor.com

    July 19 2010
    While Kagan says she'll consider recusal matters on a case-by-case basis, she says her limited role in the state of Florida's lawsuit against the health care legislation--attendance at one meeting where the case was "briefly mentioned"--doesn't rise to the level of involvement Kagan says is needed for recusal.


    Kagan Says She’ll Hear Health Care Lawsuit « Liveshots


    July 19, 2010
    She told Republicans in written responses to 13 questions that she had no involvement in developing the government‘s response to the lawsuit and never was asked her views or offered them.

    Kagan would weigh health-law recusal case by case - Washington Times

    July 24, 2010
    Seven Republican members of the Senate Judiciary Committee pressed Ms. Kagan to promise that she would recuse herself from any challenges to the new health care law. Ms. Kagan would not bite, responding on Monday that she had nothing to do with the legislation, or a lawsuit challenging it. Nor, she said, had she ever expressed an opinion about either one.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/25/we.../25liptak.html
    Is Hatch getting a little worried?
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  5. #65
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Should Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas, Elena Kagan Sit Out Health Care Ca

    Oh gawd, lets see, some are making the case that there is an “appearance” of conflict of interest. And of course it has nothing to do with politics and we should believe that all 74 of those Democrats and only Democrats, as the only ones that see this.

    So let me get this perfectly straight, we have a law that was passed by Democrats, and Democrats only, not “ONE” Republican vote. A lower court has ruled that the bill is unconstitutional, and now the bill will be headed for the US Supreme Court. The court right now is seated with 5 conservative judges, and 4 liberal judges. Basically not looking to swell for the liberal team.
    Now 74 dems, (no rep's) and I'm just taking a guess here, but they all more then likely voted for this bill, are asking for a conservative judge to recuse himself.

    And we actually have some in here saying that ….. naa does sound political to me at all . ….

    Maybe we should have 74 Republicans sign a letter asking the President to step down, because he is inept, incompetent, and incapable of leading this country...... but understand, it's not political, it just that is the appearance he gives.
    Last edited by The Barbarian; 02-11-11 at 08:11 PM. Reason: -chuckles- better now ?

  6. #66
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Should Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas, Elena Kagan Sit Out Health Care Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Oh gawd, lets see, some are making the case that there is an “appearance” of conflict of interest. And of course it has nothing to do with politics and we should believe that all 74 of those Democrats and only Democrats, as the only ones that see this.

    So let me get this perfectly straight, we have a bill that was passed by Democrats, and Democrats only, not “ONE” Republican vote. A lower court has ruled that the bill is unconstitutional, and now the bill will be headed for the US Supreme Court. The court right now is seated with 5 conservative judges, and 4 liberal judges. Basically not looking to swell for the liberal team.
    Now 74 dems, (no rep's) and I'm just taking a guess here, but they all more then likely voted for this bill, are asking for a conservative judge to recuse himself.

    And we actually have some in here saying that ….. naa does sound political to me at all . ….

    Maybe we should have 74 Republicans sign a letter asking the President to step down, because he is inept, incompetent, and incapable of leading this country...... but understand, it's not political, it just that is the appearance he gives.
    Not trying to be picky, but it's a law not a bill.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Should Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas, Elena Kagan Sit Out Health Care Ca

    I've talked to conservative lawyers who say Thomas is an imbecile who shouldn't be deciding any cases.

  8. #68
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Should Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas, Elena Kagan Sit Out Health Care Ca

    I find it funny how this thread is mostly about Justice Thomas. I guess people don't care that Justice Kagan, who would probably vote in favor of the bill, is recused or not. Nope, it is all about those big bad Democrats trying to undermine the system by getting a conservative judge off.

  9. #69
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Should Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas, Elena Kagan Sit Out Health Care Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I've talked to conservative lawyers who say Thomas is an imbecile who shouldn't be deciding any cases.
    I've talked to conservative lawyers who say Obama is an imbecile who shouldn't be
    signing anything into law.................your point?

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Should Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas, Elena Kagan Sit Out Health Care Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    What are you talking about?



    Wiener and 74 democrats want to stack the SCOTUS deck by asking thomas to recuse himself. I think they are wrong for doing so. What's your problem?
    You suggested there is something illegal (letter of the law) by them asking a judge to consider recusing himself.

    They're calling him out, BFG. Thomas' wife has opened her mouth and gotten herself in the public eye in a manner that raises questions.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •