Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Egypt's Mubarak to step down

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Egypt's Mubarak to step down

    our cool headed and cleared eyed cia director, this morning: there's a "high likelihood" mubarak will be out by this evening

    CIA chief says it looks likely that Mubarak is out - Yahoo! News

    are you sure this white house knows what it's doing?

  2. #32
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Egypt's Mubarak to step down

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Yep because they definitely want all that public anger to be redirected at them...

    They weren't prepared to kill before. If they take power, it's what they'll have to do to keep it, and they know it.
    What makes you think they weren't, "prepared"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #33
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Egypt's Mubarak to step down

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What makes you think they weren't, "prepared"?
    If all you've got is word play apdst, then why even bother?

  4. #34
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Egypt's Mubarak to step down

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    If all you've got is word play apdst, then why even bother?
    It's not word play. It's an honest question. IMO, the Egyptian army was very prepared to kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #35
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Egypt's Mubarak to step down

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's not word play. It's an honest question. IMO, the Egyptian army was very prepared to kill.
    That's kinda what they're trained for.

    My point was, if they weren't ready to kill before, why would they wanna take over power and start killing now?

  6. #36
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: Egypt's Mubarak to step down

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's not word play. It's an honest question. IMO, the Egyptian army was very prepared to kill.
    The Egyptian Army already disobeyed Mubarak by refusing to fire on the people. The soldiers were even giving protesters rides on their tanks. No, if it comes down to brass tacks, the military will give Mubarak the middle finger.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #37
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Egypt's Mubarak to step down

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The Egyptian Army already disobeyed Mubarak by refusing to fire on the people. The soldiers were even giving protesters rides on their tanks. No, if it comes down to brass tacks, the military will give Mubarak the middle finger.
    The generals disobeyed Mubarack, not the Army. If Mubarack makes it worth the generals's while to hose down the protestors; whatcha think is going to happen.

    This is a very fluid situation and I think that most folks are having a hard time realizing that, because they're thinking like Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #38
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Egypt's Mubarak to step down

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    That's kinda what they're trained for.

    My point was, if they weren't ready to kill before, why would they wanna take over power and start killing now?
    Who said they weren't, "ready"?

    Just yankin' your chain, but my point is, the only reason the army didn't hose down the protestors, is because they were under orders not to. If/when the orders comes down the chain to rock-n-roll, that's exactly what's going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #39
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Egypt's Mubarak to step down

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The generals disobeyed Mubarack, not the Army. If Mubarack makes it worth the generals's while to hose down the protestors; whatcha think is going to happen.

    This is a very fluid situation and I think that most folks are having a hard time realizing that, because they're thinking like Americans.
    You do just say this kak for the sake of it don't you?

    Here's how it goes at the moment.

    The Army has endeared itself to the people at this time, by not brutally killing them all, so if there is a change of government, they don't stand to lose anything, because they helped the people.

    Mubaruk is done, done and done, he has nothing to offer them, he's going and that's final at this point. If I were the generals, would I wanna govern this mess? Hell no. I think they're quite happy where they are, and you know what, I'm pretty happy with it too, they did the perfect thing for this situation.

  10. #40
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Egypt's Mubarak to step down

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Just yankin' your chain, but my point is, the only reason the army didn't hose down the protestors, is because they were under orders not to. If/when the orders comes down the chain to rock-n-roll, that's exactly what's going to happen.
    Bollocks, the generals saw which way the wind was blowing, do you think they wanna be put on trial for killing protestors when this is all over with?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •