Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 117

Thread: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

  1. #31
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I was talking about this part of your post,
    It seems that you are taking his post out of context. He meant that in terms of how the right-wing thinks.

    However, if you are not, please disregard this.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  2. #32
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post

    However I see your point and the only counter point is: it's the Leftists that sit around and do nothing, until things are a total cluster ****.
    Which isnt much of a point it's more along the lines of "Oh yeah... well they're no better"
    Last edited by Cold Highway; 02-10-11 at 11:39 AM.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  3. #33
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    It seems that you are taking his post out of context. He meant that in terms of how the right-wing thinks.

    However, if you are not, please disregard this.
    Which is why it's rich that he would say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    However I see your point and the only counter point is: it's the Leftists that sit around and do nothing, until things are a total cluster ****.
    I'm not saying one side is better than the other. I'm saying that neither will offer hope of improving our lot much. They're both big government, big spending parties.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #35
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm not saying one side is better than the other. I'm saying that neither will offer hope of improving our lot much. They're both big government, big spending parties.
    The republicans seem to be taking a turn away from being a big government party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    We're number 1!

    Hahaha, but the greatest threat to our liberty and freedom is not this dude. It's the government itself. This guy is just a piss ant terrorist, they can't accomplish ****. The government, that's what you gotta look out for. It has well more direct ability to affect our rights and liberties then some asshole in a cave.
    Neither you nor I has much use for the federal govt. Be that as it may, why did Anwar al Awlaki turn on the land of his birth?

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Thing is, there's this disturbingly large portion of the population that actually thinks that way. Classic absolutism. My way is the right way, therefore everyone else's ways are the wrong ways. People who want to do things the wrong way are bad people, therefore everyone else is bad.

    Remember that one dude who said homosexuals and Islamic extremists are allies? Classic. I think these two groups are bad, therefore they must both be allied against me! I guess some humans never evolved past binary thinking.
    The Soviet Union and the Anglo/American alliance were enemies who cooperated fruitfully to defeat a common enemy. Once the common enemy was defeated the Soviets and Anglo/Americans turned on each other.

  8. #38
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Neither you nor I has much use for the federal govt. Be that as it may, why did Anwar al Awlaki turn on the land of his birth?
    I believe that bin Laden is still important, as he masterminded 911. This is why I am still for the Afghan War. If we do not deal with bin Laden, then those who died on 911 will have died for nothing. We owe it to the memory of those who were murdered that day.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I believe that bin Laden is still important, as he masterminded 911. This is why I am still for the Afghan War. If we do not deal with bin Laden, then those who died on 911 will have died for nothing. We owe it to the memory of those who were murdered that day.
    Not only that, we owe it to the brave soldiers who've already died fighting in Afghanistan, to finish the job.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Bin Laden has not been the "greatest threat" to the US since early 2002 when Bush wanted to go into Iraq.

    As for the greatest threat.. I would call it equal between Islamists and radical right wing shoot first never ask questions later Americans.
    Whereas the Left wing Euros don't bother asking any questions and are considered too mentally unstable to allow them to carry any weapons with which to defend themselves.

    Of course at one time in Europe this was every free man's right. Now there's a lot of rapid searching about for sticks and stones.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •