Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 117

Thread: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So lets go back to the point at hand. You're arguing some how, that the only people in America who are good and that can "save America", are "Rightists".

    This assertion is incorrect, based on your own personal bias.

    That is all.
    Never said, "only". However, it's obvious that the Lefft wing isn't going to be America's greatest hope. The American people have recognized that and are speaking out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Well we're ****ed. Gonna end up with some form of Theocratic, imperial, big brother type of expansive, large and expensive government. Thanks, but no thanks.
    How you figger that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #23
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Thing is, there's this disturbingly large portion of the population that actually thinks that way. Classic absolutism. My way is the right way, therefore everyone else's ways are the wrong ways. People who want to do things the wrong way are bad people, therefore everyone else is bad.
    Only a sith deals in absolutes...


  4. #24
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Thing is, there's this disturbingly large portion of the population that actually thinks that way. Classic absolutism. My way is the right way, therefore everyone else's ways are the wrong ways. People who want to do things the wrong way are bad people, therefore everyone else is bad.

    Remember that one dude who said homosexuals and Islamic extremists are allies? Classic. I think these two groups are bad, therefore they must both be allied against me! I guess some humans never evolved past binary thinking.
    That's rich, coming from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How you figger that?
    Well who do you think starts the wars? It wasn't the left. How much did we spend on that thing? How much are we still spending on that mistake? And all the rhetoric is for more. More more more more more. All that stuff costs money and lives. It's the religious...what now? Right? Oh yes. And what do they like? Religious laws. So and so can't get married because in the bible it says X. Blah blah blah. Give some of theose people their way and it'll be illegal to be an atheist in this country and no one could ever mention evolution (I'll never understand the anti-science folk). Don't sit there and pretend that you don't expand government, you just want it expanded in ways you like. The deficit is where it's at in part because of the right.

    Face it, the "right-wing" lost all integrity when it pulled a 180 on its principles. It's a big government, big spending, big deficit, big brother party.

    In short, the government is not the solution, the government is the problem.
    Last edited by Ikari; 02-10-11 at 11:18 AM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #26
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,783

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Well we're ****ed. Gonna end up with some form of Theocratic, imperial, big brother type of expansive, large and expensive government. Thanks, but no thanks.
    They've already started the process. In Texas they rewrote all the school textbooks to fit a more conservative narrative. Yes, they claim it's to reduce some sort of liberal bias, but if that were the case how come the stated goal wasn't "removing bias?" They straight-up admitted they wanted to make them more conservative.

    I guess indoctrination of children is ok as long as it's the right kind of indoctrination.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    They've already started the process. In Texas they rewrote all the school textbooks to fit a more conservative narrative. Yes, they claim it's to reduce some sort of liberal bias, but if that were the case how come the stated goal wasn't "removing bias?" They straight-up admitted they wanted to make them more conservative.

    I guess indoctrination of children is ok as long as it's the right kind of indoctrination.
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. I like that they're going to save us. What the hell are they saving us from? All the **** they've dropped on our laps? I don't think the left is any better, mind you. But neither side is going to save us; the Republocrats are the problem, not the solution.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #28
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,783

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's rich, coming from you.
    Which subject would you say I take an absolutist stance on?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #29
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Well who do you think starts the wars? It wasn't the left. How much did we spend on that thing? How much are we still spending on that mistake? And all the rhetoric is for more. More more more more more. All that stuff costs money and lives. It's the religious...what now? Right? Oh yes. And what do they like? Religious laws. So and so can't get married because in the bible it says X. Blah blah blah. Give some of theose people their way and it'll be illegal to be an atheist in this country and no one could ever mention evolution (I'll never understand the anti-science folk). Don't sit there and pretend that you don't expand government, you just want it expanded in ways you like. The deficit is where it's at in part because of the right.

    Face it, the "right-wing" lost all integrity when it pulled a 180 on its principles. It's a big government, big spending, big deficit, big brother party.

    In short, the government is not the solution, the government is the problem.
    Historically speaking, most of the wars this country has fought have been entered into by Democrats/Leftists.

    However I see your point and the only counter point is: it's the Leftists that sit around and do nothing, until things are a total cluster ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #30
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: U.S. official: Bin Laden no longer greatest threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Which subject would you say I take an absolutist stance on?
    I was talking about this part of your post,

    My way is the right way, therefore everyone else's ways are the wrong ways. People who want to do things the wrong way are bad people, therefore everyone else is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •