Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 186

Thread: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by Illumination View Post
    Yep I disagree with Obama on many topics
    few care about what topics you agree with or disagree with obama on, the world is not your mom

    But at least he's only just a bit better than neo-cons when it comes to liberty
    neocons?

    LOL!

    what's doma have to do with foreign policy?

    That's Obama pandering to your intrusive, oppressive ilk.
    you have no idea what ilk i belong or don't belong to

    You're liberty-hating, dogmatic, republican voters have to be coddled.
    you mean the possessive "your"

    "you're" is contraction for "you are"

    4th grade

  2. #52
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Once again the party of 'family values' proves they are no better than anyone else.

    Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet - ABC News
    How dishonest you are sir.

    Here, a married man, does something disreputable, gets caught and immediately resigns. Why did he resign? BECAUSE HE KNEW HE WAS GONNA GET THE BOOT.

    So this proves your laughable line to be without merit.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #53
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    How dishonest you are sir.

    Here, a married man, does something disreputable, gets caught and immediately resigns. Why did he resign? BECAUSE HE KNEW HE WAS GONNA GET THE BOOT.

    So this proves your laughable line to be without merit.

    So why didn't Vitter get the boot? Do you get a free "get out of forced GOP resignation card" for having sex with hookers?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  4. #54
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Once again the party of 'family values' proves they are no better than anyone else.

    Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet - ABC News
    Where are your values? Irresponsible sensational posting 99% of the time. You call that values?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #55
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    How dishonest you are sir.

    Here, a married man, does something disreputable, gets caught and immediately resigns. Why did he resign? BECAUSE HE KNEW HE WAS GONNA GET THE BOOT.

    So this proves your laughable line to be without merit.
    "Get the boot" for cheating on his wife? If it were that easy to get rid of Congressmen, the House and Senate would be empty.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #56
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    "Get the boot" for cheating on his wife? If it were that easy to get rid of Congressmen, the House and Senate would be empty.
    I suspect that you are pretty accurate, unfortunately.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I wondered who would turn this into a bad liberal thing.

    For the record, I have no clue why he resigned. This is really no one's business but him and his family. I don't mind republicans resigning, but I don't think it was needed unless there is some law broken I don't know about.
    To bad you didn't wonder who would turn this into a bad conservative thing.

    You could have found it in the top of the thread.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #58
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Why did he resign? Don't care, he did what he should do, he manned up and did the right thing, he didn't make excuses, he saved his party from taking steps to get rid of him. That alone makes him more of a man, then far to many in public office.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I wondered who would turn this into a bad liberal thing.

    .
    The very first sentence in this thread was..

    Once again the party of 'family values' proves they are no better than anyone else.
    Do you just sit there and take it when someone bashes your side?
    I find it very sad when my party of "family values" sins. However, we are all sinners and at least my side tries to do the right thing.
    Dems don't even try, so any perverted or corrupt thing they do is just another day in the life of a Dem.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #60
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    I agree with you...however, sending pictures (shirtless, no less) to a woman from Craig's list certainly makes one question his judgment and his worthiness of representing a district of his peers...

    And, yes, you could say that about any affair...but this one kinda crosses into a special territory of foolishness.
    This shows you how arrogant and brash some of our congress critters are. It's obvious many consider themselves above the law. However this one is a lot stupider and brash than most of them.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •