Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 186

Thread: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

  1. #41
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,343
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    He resigned in less than 3 hrs. That's a record even for Republicans. Too bad Dems don't do the same when they screw up. We have to just keep putting up with their sorry asses.
    I wondered who would turn this into a bad liberal thing.

    For the record, I have no clue why he resigned. This is really no one's business but him and his family. I don't mind republicans resigning, but I don't think it was needed unless there is some law broken I don't know about.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #42
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I wondered who would turn this into a bad liberal thing.

    For the record, I have no clue why he resigned. This is really no one's business but him and his family. I don't mind republicans resigning, but I don't think it was needed unless there is some law broken I don't know about.
    He was probably doing so to cut the media off at the pass before they plastered his name all over the place and made a big spectacle about it. Scandal sells.

  3. #43
    User Illumination's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    05-19-11 @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    104

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Ugh, why must we always bring up partisan crap with news stories like this one? He's a politician. Politicians, regardless of political affiliation, seem to get wrapped up in crap like this all the time. It's silly that both sides always seem to get in a pointless pissing contest whenever stuff like this comes up.
    It's because there is only one side that feels they have "the moral majority", touts "the santicty of marriage", and aggressivlely enacts laws against what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes. And that side is full of hypocrites.

  4. #44
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by Illumination View Post
    It's because there is only one side that feels they have "the moral majority", touts "the santicty of marriage", and aggressivlely enacts laws against what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes. And that side is full of hypocrites.
    All politicians are held at a higher standard, regardless of whether or not they tout morality garbage or not. They are all hypocrites, regardless of political affiliation. Regardless, I could see your point if every single person on the side that you are referring to were that way. They aren't. Some of them are and get busted. Who cares?

  5. #45
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,343
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by Illumination View Post
    It's because there is only one side that feels they have "the moral majority", touts "the santicty of marriage", and aggressivlely enacts laws against what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes. And that side is full of hypocrites.
    Every one has been a hypocrite as some point. It's best not to throw those type words around. What he did was not a crime, was not any of our business and had no effect on his ability to do his job.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #46
    User Illumination's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    05-19-11 @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    104

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    All politicians are held at a higher standard, regardless of whether or not they tout morality garbage or not. They are all hypocrites, regardless of political affiliation. Regardless, I could see your point if every single person on the side that you are referring to were that way. They aren't. Some of them are and get busted. Who cares?
    I honestly don't care what consenting adults do and this man should not resign for this. But he does it because he know's he is a hypocrite being a part of a party that forbids such actions that I pointed out. If a group want's to legislate our bedside habits, their own is up for judgement.

  7. #47
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    He resigned in less than 3 hrs. That's a record even for Republicans. Too bad Dems don't do the same when they screw up. We have to just keep putting up with their sorry asses.
    He didn't do anything illegal, so why did he resign?


  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Why did he resign if he didn't do anything illegal? I mean come on it not like this is the only man that has ruined his career over casing a peace of tail >.<.

  9. #49
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,884
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Once again the party of 'family values' proves they are no better than anyone else.
    If he wasn't using protection he may very well've been promoting families.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  10. #50
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Congressman Chris Lee Resigns After Shirtless Photo Posted on Internet

    Some things are best said with a video:


Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •