Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa: 14 year old killed for being raped

  1. #31
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa: 14 year old killed for being raped

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    It's because there are still cultures in the world that consider females as property... disposable property at that. She basically "allowed" herself to be raped by a married man, so in that culture she deserves death on two fronts: First, because she was no longer pure and therefore a dishonor to her family; second, because the fact that the man who raped her was married meant that she committed adultry.

    The brutality of the human species never fails to astound and devastate me.
    Maybe another rationalization is that she failed to respect Muslim clothing rules, such as covering her body, and thus is blamed for the rape. (Just an idea for a rationalization.)
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  2. #32
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa: 14 year old killed for being raped

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    Maybe another rationalization is that she failed to respect Muslim clothing rules, such as covering her body, and thus is blamed for the rape. (Just an idea for a rationalization.)
    Or maybe she was just such a whore that not even concealing clothing was enough to protect her.

    Honestly, once you get to the point that you're blaming young women for being victimized, you're capable of believing any damn foolishness you please.

  3. #33
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,723

    Re: Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa: 14 year old killed for being raped

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    What happened here, is not Islam.

    This is false Islam.

    True Islam does not support this.

    It does not support killing.

    The Quran supports none of these things.

    False muslims and xenophobes alike have twisted and subverted Islam to suit their goals.

    You my friend, belong to the cult of the ignorant.
    The Qu'ran doesn't support killing? I could show you otherwise. I do wonder why people who are not Muslim seem to think they understand the faith better than Muslims, who spend their lives in the study of the Qu'ran. Seems arrogant.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  4. #34
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa: 14 year old killed for being raped

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Just a thought.


    j-mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    What happened here, is not Islam.

    This is false Islam.

    True Islam does not support this.

    It does not support killing.

    The Quran supports none of these things.

    False muslims and xenophobes alike have twisted and subverted Islam to suit their goals.

    You my friend, belong to the cult of the ignorant.
    False or not, these people use it in Islam's name, associate it directly with Sharia law. Who's going to go there and tell them their version of Islam is all wrong and teach the "True Islam" whatever that is... ?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #35
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa: 14 year old killed for being raped

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    False or not, these people use it in Islam's name, associate it directly with Sharia law. Who's going to go there and tell them their version of Islam is all wrong and teach the "True Islam" whatever that is... ?
    What happened is more a reflection of their culture and not their religion.

    You judge without understanding, ya'll look at this from your comfy western homes and say "How barbaric"!!!! Distgusting! why can't they all be like us, and put people to death with lethal injections after years of appeals, and not execute the young and the defenceless.

    What they did was wrong, and not condoned by the Quran, it is a reflection of their society and attitudes, which yes are morally wrong and sickening to me to be honest with you. Not everyone has made it out of the stoneage Ockham.

    It's not happening here, why do you care? It doesn't affect you or concern you. Not too long ago we were burning woman at the stake for being witches, all things must pass.

    But at the same time as this is distgusting, I wonder how many young girls in Africa were raped and killed today?

  6. #36
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa: 14 year old killed for being raped

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Not everyone has made it out of the stoneage Ockham.
    But all have had equal opportunity to do so.

    That some choose to remain should not lead one to defend them for it. Far from it. The fact they have chosen to remain in the stone age is THEIR responsibility, and so they should have their feet held to the fire because of it.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,984

    Re: Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa: 14 year old killed for being raped

    Moderator's Warning:
    Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa: 14 year old killed for being rapedThe personal attacks and off topic baiting needs to end

  8. #38
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa: 14 year old killed for being raped

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    What happened is more a reflection of their culture and not their religion.
    That's a very logical rationalization, but not realistic when looking at this from these people's perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You judge without understanding, ya'll look at this from your comfy western homes and say "How barbaric"!!!! Distgusting! why can't they all be like us, and put people to death with lethal injections after years of appeals, and not execute the young and the defenceless.
    I don't want them to be like us. I would hope that whatever they are like, they know the difference between basic "right" and "wrong". I do not know of a case where "we" have put to death a 14 year old girl because she was raped. If you know of one, please show me the link.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    What they did was wrong, and not condoned by the Quran, it is a reflection of their society and attitudes, which yes are morally wrong and sickening to me to be honest with you. Not everyone has made it out of the stoneage Ockham.
    It is Sharia law. Sharia is the preferred application of laws under Islam by many countries around the world. You know as well as I do (or I would hope so) that proving rape in Sharia requires 3 witnesses. If three witnesses are not willing or able to stick by the girl raped, the girl is often charged with fornication/adultry or something similar. That charge carries with it a death penalty. There are lots of cases where this has happened and continues to happen: In Iran, in Afghanistan, in Bangladesh, and other Islamic ruled countries. My point here is they, the people in these countries, DO see it condoned by the Quran as they live under Sharia law rule. You're academic analysis is very western and separates Islam and Sharia between the undefined "true Islam" and Islam these people live under every day. They have and know of no such differentiation. The issue is it's NOT morally wrong where they are - and that is one of the reasons why Sharia and laws which support Islam (as Sharia doesn't exist in any other religion BUT Islam) should not be spread. It's why the West does not want Islamic control of Egypt or any other ME country and prefers secular rule. These people are not barbarians and they don't live in the stone age - they have cell phones, cars, live in houses with running water and electricity. These people are BRAINWASHED by religious zelots who want to control the population. They do this by instituting Sharia which is the power base of control over the population. Once that's instituted, they indoctrinate the young to accept such rule and they then see this 14 year old's whipping death as the norm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    It's not happening here, why do you care? It doesn't affect you or concern you. Not too long ago we were burning woman at the stake for being witches, all things must pass.
    I'm not so myopic as to think things around the world do not effect others or influence people, laws, governments, etc. Yes, and the Earth will eventually be disintegrated by our sun becoming a Red Giant in approximately 2 billion years... so why worry? Comon dude... really? That's your point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    But at the same time as this is distgusting, I wonder how many young girls in Africa were raped and killed today?
    Many. Sharia is a scourge.
    Last edited by Ockham; 02-06-11 at 12:11 PM.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #39
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa: 14 year old killed for being raped

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    Or maybe she was just such a whore that not even concealing clothing was enough to protect her.

    Honestly, once you get to the point that you're blaming young women for being victimized, you're capable of believing any damn foolishness you please.
    Absolutely.

    Just in case that wasn't obvious, for the record, I just tried to figure out how these people justified their actions. I don't support or condone them in any way.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  10. #40
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Govt asked to explain failure to stop fatwa: 14 year old killed for being raped

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    Just in case that wasn't obvious, for the record, I just tried to figure out how these people justified their actions. I don't support or condone them in any way.
    The hard part isn't putting yourself in their shoes. It's believing what you see when you stand there.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •