Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62

Thread: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    you're making it sound as if all the Republicans voted against it because of the mandate.
    tell it to these folks

    Dems up for reelection under pressure to nix healthcare mandate - TheHill.com

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    The bush tax cuts also originally passed via reconciliation. Would you quantify that as also "cramming it down america's throat?".
    No, because it lives up to your ideals, which make it good.
    No.....because an OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF AMERICANS supported the tax cuts.

    Now if you have any major piece of legislation that was passed against the overwhelming will of the American people........lets hear it.

    ............in the meantime..........WELCOME TO TYRANNY..........
    .
    .
    .

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Hardly. The people have been sadly misinformed and suffering from a serious disconnect, wanting the benefits but not wanting any method to pay for them.
    ......Tyrants and government know best.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Democratic Senator Ben Nelson of Nebraska is a dead man walking. He can't even go out to dinner in Omaha without getting heckled.

  5. #45
    Sleeper Agent
    iamitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY, NY
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    No.....because an OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF AMERICANS supported the tax cuts.

    Now if you have any major piece of legislation that was passed against the overwhelming will of the American people........lets hear it.

    ............in the meantime..........WELCOME TO TYRANNY..........
    .
    .
    .
    At the time of the bill's creation, a majority of people supported the public option. What's your point?

  6. #46
    Sleeper Agent
    iamitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY, NY
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    You're straying off the point :P

    Your claim that Republicans don't support the bill because of the mandate is incorrect, regardless of what pressure Democrats are under.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Because the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has said the health care reform law will lower the deficit, Democrats argued that repealing it would increase the deficit.
    <blink... blink>

    If the deficit would be at 'X' in 5 years... and the health care law would allegedly have lowered it to 'Y' in 5 years... and the law is repealed... all that means is the deficit would be right where it was originally going to be in 5 years. You can't call it an increase in the deficit, since it has yet to decrease it in the first place.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    You're straying off the point.
    man, you're so stuck in the past i need a telescope even to SEE your argumentations

    voters do not look at politics thru a LENS

    meanwhile, THE MANDATE is but one of this PIG'S prodigious problems

    Capitol Briefing - Senate votes to keep Medicare cuts

    ER visits, costs climb - The Boston Globe

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/bu.../02health.html

    Senate passes doc fix - The Hill's Healthwatch

    Budget Office Rebuts Democratic Claims on Medicare (Update1) - Bloomberg

    Governors balk over what healthcare bill will cost states - The Boston Globe

    live it, libs, love it

    proudly, progressives

    don't RUN AWAY FROM IT

    it's all YOURS

  9. #49
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post

    voters do not look at politics thru a LENS
    Yes they do, it is colloquially referred to as the media.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  10. #50
    Sleeper Agent
    iamitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY, NY
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    man, you're so stuck in the past i need a telescope even to SEE your argumentations

    voters do not look at politics thru a LENS

    meanwhile, THE MANDATE is but one of this PIG'S prodigious problems

    Capitol Briefing - Senate votes to keep Medicare cuts

    ER visits, costs climb - The Boston Globe

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/bu.../02health.html

    Senate passes doc fix - The Hill's Healthwatch

    Budget Office Rebuts Democratic Claims on Medicare (Update1) - Bloomberg

    Governors balk over what healthcare bill will cost states - The Boston Globe

    live it, libs, love it

    proudly, progressives

    don't RUN AWAY FROM IT

    it's all YOURS
    I didn't say whether it was a good or bad idea.

    My arguments were
    1) You said this was not a republican idea.
    You were wrong.
    2) Republicans didn't vote for this because of the mandate.
    You were wrong, here, too.

    That was my point. That what you said was factually incorrect, regardless of how the people perceive this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •