Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It may help them. Remember, 33% think the bill doesn't go far enough. 33% think it's OK as is. Only 33% think it goes too far. We'll see how 2012 goes.
    Remember Nov. 2, 2010--The Largest Political Ass-Whooping in History?

    .........the only poll that matters.........
    .
    .
    .

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-26-11 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    259

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I know you want to think that, but it's simply not the case. It's more like 5 percent don't think it went far enough, 25 percent think it's OK, and 75 percent are about ready to skin Congress alive.
    Back up your numbers with facts please.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Remember Nov. 2, 2010--The Largest Political Ass-Whooping in History?

    .........the only poll that matters.........
    .
    .
    .
    In one respect, you're correct. But, if you want to gain any insight, you need to exmine it a little more.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I won't go back and get it again, but I did show exit polling presenting those numbers. I know you like to think it is clear cut but it isn't. We should also recognize that a majority want the benefits in the law, but not the things required to pay for it. Now that is a real disconnect.
    What people want is to be able to buy across state lines, tort reform to control costs, and a way to address pre-existing conditions.

    What we got was a monstrosity of biblical proportions that could lead to the government controlling 17 percent of the economy and the inevitable massive cluster**** it would become.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    What people want is to be able to buy across state lines, tort reform to control costs, and a way to address pre-existing conditions.

    What we got was a monstrosity of biblical proportions that could lead to the government controlling 17 percent of the economy and the inevitable massive cluster**** it would become.
    Those won't do that. Seriously, they would have next to no effect. You have to propose something would actually address the things needed. Tort reform has been tried at the state level and has not controlled costs. The reasons for the limiting of buying across state lines won't disappear, and would likely lead to larger problems and not bigger ones. And you can't deal with pre-existing conditions without some system that covers everyone.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    In one respect, you're correct. But, if you want to gain any insight, you need to exmine it a little more.

    Republicans took Control of the House with 63 House Seats, 6 Senate seats, 10 Governorships, 680+ State legislative seats, and control of 19 more State legislatures..

    The complete rejection of ObamaCare and everything the Democrat party stands for from sea to shining sea........
    .
    .
    .
    .

  7. #27
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Republicans took Control of the House with 63 House Seats, 6 Senate seats, 10 Governorships, 680+ State legislative seats, and control of 19 more State legislatures..

    The complete rejection of ObamaCare and everything the Democrat party stands for from sea to shining sea........
    .
    .
    .
    .
    yes they did, and the number one issue was the economy and not healthcare reform.

    However, as Iowa, for example, settles in with the consequences of electing a republican governor, it'll be interesting to see how 2012 goes.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    yes they did, and the number one issue was the economy and not healthcare reform.

    However, as Iowa, for example, settles in with the consequences of electing a republican governor, it'll be interesting to see how 2012 goes.
    And a bad economy often yields losses for the party in power..........

    ..........but considering we saw THE LARGEST POLITICAL ASS WHOOPING IN HISTORY.......ObamaCare clearly had an impact.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  9. #29
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    And a bad economy often yields losses for the party in power..........

    ..........but considering we saw THE LARGEST POLITICAL ASS WHOOPING IN HISTORY.......ObamaCare clearly had an impact.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    I'm afraid you'll have to give more evidence than that. And part of the impact may well have been that those who thought he didn't go far enough stayed home. Either way, it's not good to misjudge what happened. You may be sadly mistaken, and things go differently than you expect.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Senate Democrats block GOP bid to repeal health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm afraid you'll have to give more evidence than that. And part of the impact may well have been that those who thought he didn't go far enough stayed home. Either way, it's not good to misjudge what happened. You may be sadly mistaken, and things go differently than you expect.
    For the first time in American History.....a President and Congress went against The Overwhelming Will Of The American People......and shoved a subprime health care bill to nowhere down our throats.

    Whether it was dissatisfaction with the bill itself.....or the act of Tyranny behind it......ObamaCare had an impact.
    .
    .
    .
    .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •