Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 155

Thread: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

  1. #51
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Conservapedia disagrees. Planned Parenthood - Conservapedia
    There is nothing there about this video. FAIL I do believe that Conservapedia is lying when they say PP promotes premarital sex to teenagers.


  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    There is nothing there about this video.
    no, just "we want as little information as possible"

    "so, even if they lie and just say, 'oh, he's the same age as me, 15'"

    "as long as they just lie and say, 'oh, he's 15, 16'"

    "you know, as long as they don't say 14"

    "and as long as it's not too much of an age gap then we just kind of like, we play it stupid"

    "it's just really watching what they say"

    "you never got this from me"

    "keep us out of the loop"

    "we want to make it look as legitimate as possible"

    "we're gonna kind of alter the story and see what we can do to kind of tweak information"

    "you come in and ask for me only"

    "just between the 3 of us cuz we're already cool"

  3. #53
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you claim something is my "modus operandi", I point out it is not, and now you want me to prove that your unsubstantiated claim is false?
    You made the claim so back it up. Reagan said it best: "Trust but verify".

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Saying something is true does not make it so. Hint: I have never read more than about 5 pages of Alinsky and was bored stiff by it.
    I say the sky is blue - not true? And sure Alinsky is a boring read, but it's a text book for socialists and progressives. I've yet to read a textbook that was interesting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I don't consider other American's my enemy, nor do I consider debate war.
    You're choice, and that's fine by me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Except I have done just that. I have no need to defend PP.
    You've been doing it though, maybe unknowingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    In this case PP acted appropriately as an organization. An individual may very well have acted inappropriately, and they already have been punished for it, and may face more if any laws where broken. That is as it should be.
    So you're okay with them firing her but you cannot admit she acted inappropriately? You say "may very well have"... that tells me it's still not clear to you, yet you're okay with actions taken against her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The source material is questionable not because of any beliefs on my part, but because an edited video from an interest in the outcome is not reliable, no matter how you try and spin it.
    And it's not reliable BECAUSE it's edited, yet I still don't understand why you cannot take one segment only, without the rest of the edited parts, view it for face value and form an opinion. The only reason I can see is because you have a need to discredit it due to the edits. Edits only work in the context of the whole; in order for edits to make a difference in the context, the edits have to lead the viewer to a conclusion that would not necessarily be there otherwise. The sections as I see them have no such structure - they discuss different things in the different sections. In viewing the sections on their own, it IS clear to me that Woodruff not only acted inappropriately, provided potentially and illegal advice. The uncut video may show even more which will get her criminally charged.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What is funny is you claim my comments are based on my support of abortion rights. It's not, but there is no way to prove it either way. However, you seem to fail to realize that the exact same could be said of your reasons for defending the source.
    That's just it, I'm not defending the source. I know nothing of the source other than what others have written in this thread. I'm not even taking the source into consideration - i'm looking at the segments of the video, listening to the comments and context and saying "That's ****ed up" on face value.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    In fact, people tend to assign motivations to others that they find believable based on their own motives, so I would consider it likely that the reason you want to make a big deal about this is your anti-abortion rights stance.
    What's more likely is my motivations are to make a judgment about something that happened as either "right" or "wrong". Your motivation is to defend and discredit a source which you don't agree with, instead of actually taking a stand on the subject. In fact, you do that fairly consistently; attack the source and discredit seemingly without taking a position on the issue one way or the other. Nuanced maybe but not transparent. PP apparently doesn't share your Kakorrhaphiophobia and have fired her, even though you still don't believe that's a valid action.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Is everyone clear, this video was debunked as highly edited and misleading?

    I mean, MSM threads should be based on true stories. Not stories that were debunked before the thread was posted.

  5. #55
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    no, just "we want as little information as possible"

    "so, even if they lie and just say, 'oh, he's the same age as me, 15'"

    "as long as they just lie and say, 'oh, he's 15, 16'"

    "you know, as long as they don't say 14"

    "and as long as it's not too much of an age gap then we just kind of like, we play it stupid"

    "it's just really watching what they say"

    "you never got this from me"

    "keep us out of the loop"

    "we want to make it look as legitimate as possible"

    "we're gonna kind of alter the story and see what we can do to kind of tweak information"

    "you come in and ask for me only"

    "just between the 3 of us cuz we're already cool"
    Do you see anyone defending this woman? Certainly not me. But, I'm sorry you can't possibly take the actions or one individual and apply them to the whole organization. You indict the organization not because of what she did, you already had your mind made up. Abortion is a problem in the real world, when you come up with an answer please let everyone know what it is. Do you want to send this country back to the era where women died from self induced or illegal abortions? Making abortion illegal does not work, in fact I think it can be shown it makes the problem worse.

    Save, Rare and Legal, that's the goal.

    By DAVID CRARY
    The Associated Press
    Monday, January 24, 2011; 5:08 PM

    NEW YORK -- Planned Parenthood, a perennial protest target because of its role in providing abortions, has notified the FBI that at least 12 of its health centers were visited recently by a man purporting to be a sex trafficker but who may instead be part of an attempted ruse to entrap clinic employees.
    In each case, according to Planned Parenthood, the man sought to speak privately with a clinic employee and then requested information about health services for sex workers, including some who he said were minors and in the U.S. illegally. ...


  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Do you see anyone defending this woman?
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    There is nothing there about this video.
    In New York City, 41% of Pregnancies Aborted - Among minorities, rate is even higher

    2 outta 3 aint bad

    it's tragic

  7. #57
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Let me get this straight. One employee may have done something wrong; that employee was subsequently fired; the Planned Parenthood organisation did the right thing by contacting the FBI about the incidents. And now that the heavily edited video has been released and debunked, conservatives are not only accusing PP of wrongdoing, but are also calling for all funding for PP to be cut off.

    Just another day in bat-**** crazy right-wing land. Cuckoo cuckoo
    Last edited by Sgt Meowenstein; 02-03-11 at 12:17 AM.


  8. #58
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    Let me get this straight. One employee may have done something wrong; that employee was subsequently fired; the Planned Parenthood organisation did the right thing by contacting the FBI about the incidents. And now that the heavily edited video has been released and debunked, conservatives are not only accusing PP of wrongdoing, but are also calling for all funding for PP to be cut off.

    Just another day in bat-**** crazy right-wing land. Cuckoo cuckoo
    I want PP defunded for reasons having nothing to do with this video.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  9. #59
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    Let me get this straight. One employee may have done something wrong; that employee was subsequently fired; the Planned Parenthood organisation did the right thing by contacting the FBI about the incidents. And now that the heavily edited video has been released and debunked, conservatives are not only accusing PP of wrongdoing, but are also calling for all funding for PP to be cut off.

    Just another day in bat-**** crazy right-wing land. Cuckoo cuckoo
    That is reminiscent to me of the entire ACORN scandal where the person supposedly helped a pimp. Yet when the full video was released, it was evident that the ACORN employee was really just gathering as much information as possible so that it could be reported to the authorities (which it was in fact reported to the authorities).

    But none of that was noticed and ACORN was left hanging.

  10. #60
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I want PP defunded for reasons having nothing to do with this video.
    Give X Factor credit. When the video is proven to be nothing much at all, and given the choice of attempting to smear those who pointed this out and looking foolish, or shifting the argument and just making sure this incident did not go to waste, he chose to shift the argument.

    It's still weak, since this is about the video and not PP in general, but at least it's honest.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •