Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 155

Thread: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

  1. #31
    Educator snilloctjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    El Paso, TX USA
    Last Seen
    05-04-15 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    648

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There is a difference between a heavily documented event, and a videotape made by an organization opposed to PP and heavily edited. It is, always, not a good idea to rush to judgment.
    And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. The manager's comments were pretty darn clear to me. What do you think they edited out? The part where they said here is X$, please just read your lines from the teleprompter
    Last edited by snilloctjc; 02-02-11 at 07:57 PM. Reason: spelling

  2. #32
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    My MO is to deal with facts. Shame on me.
    You're MO is claiming anything that's edited you don't agree with is suspect, and therefore not to be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress
    It is impossible currently for any one without both the unedited video and details from every one involved to judge this, which makes the question in the poll of no value.
    You're not dealing in facts, you're dealing in dissent and seeding doubt. At the same time you claim there's not enough information, you provide links and opinion supporting actions PP took, while casting doubt on what was edited. You fail because you cannot provide an opinion based on face value when you disagree with the intent. You believe and support abortion, PP and organizations like them, therefore, anything that casts those things in a bad light, you try to defend by attepting to discredit the source material. Very Alinskyesque I might say.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #33
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Planned Parenthood should be de-funded anyway. It's a racist organization that supports abortion. I really don't believe that they care about women's health at all.
    Planned Parenthood is not a racist organization, the claim is made by fraudsters O'Keefe and Giles in another 'sting' operation.


  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Planned Parenthood is not a racist organization, the claim is made by fraudsters O'Keefe and Giles in another 'sting' operation.
    Yes it is. It was started by a racist. There is evidence that shows they accept donations to abort black babies. Not only this, but a disproportional amount of pp "clinics" are in minority areas. They are an evil racist organization that should be de-funded and eventually destroyed (and before people start with the straw man, no I do not support nor do I plan on blowing up a pp facility).
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  5. #35
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You're MO is claiming anything that's edited you don't agree with is suspect, and therefore not to be believed.

    You're not dealing in facts, you're dealing in dissent and seeding doubt. At the same time you claim there's not enough information, you provide links and opinion supporting actions PP took, while casting doubt on what was edited. You fail because you cannot provide an opinion based on face value when you disagree with the intent. You believe and support abortion, PP and organizations like them, therefore, anything that casts those things in a bad light, you try to defend by attepting to discredit the source material. Very Alinskyesque I might say.
    No, what I do is question things that are questionable. Edited video tape = questionable and therefore not safe to draw conclusions from. Op/ed's not safe to draw conclusions form since they do not offer all the facts and slant them. Media Matters/Newsbusters present comments out of context, not safe to draw conclusions from. This is across the board and not partisan.

    I notice the obligatory Alinsky reference though, which is hilarious. Some of you conservatives love to raise the specter of Alinski, and yet seem to know his works better than I and most conservatives. Hilarious.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #36
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    HOAX VIDEO EXPOSED: Planned Parenthood Already Reported "Sex Trafficking" To FBI | Media Matters for America

    Today, anti-abortion rights propagandist Lila Rose released her latest in a series of heavily edited videos seeking to demonstrate that Planned Parenthood engages in criminal activities. Rose's organization, Live Action, claims their video exposes what they call "Planned Parenthood's cover-up of child sex trafficking."
    Except that isn't what the video shows at all.

    Rather, the Live Action video shows edited comments made by a single Planned Parenthood employee. Live Action has so far refused to publicly release the full video of the incident, instead posting what the organization itself admits is an "abridged 11-minute video." (Live Action claims they are "sending full footage" to law enforcement officials.) [UPDATE: Live Action subsequently released what they say is the full video.]...


  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    HOAX VIDEO EXPOSED: Planned Parenthood Already Reported "Sex Trafficking" To FBI | Media Matters for America

    Today, anti-abortion rights propagandist Lila Rose released her latest in a series of heavily edited videos seeking to demonstrate that Planned Parenthood engages in criminal activities. Rose's organization, Live Action, claims their video exposes what they call "Planned Parenthood's cover-up of child sex trafficking."
    Except that isn't what the video shows at all.

    Rather, the Live Action video shows edited comments made by a single Planned Parenthood employee. Live Action has so far refused to publicly release the full video of the incident, instead posting what the organization itself admits is an "abridged 11-minute video." (Live Action claims they are "sending full footage" to law enforcement officials.) [UPDATE: Live Action subsequently released what they say is the full video.]...
    Conservapedia disagrees. Planned Parenthood - Conservapedia
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  8. #38
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You tell me. What conclusions did you draw from the heavily edited videotape? What is your objection to how PP handled the situation? Don't evade, actually stand up for what you believe.
    I could say the same about you. PP is a bit of a liberal sacred cow, isn't it? I doubt any video showing wrongdoing, no matter how clear, would sway your faith in them.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  9. #39
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Conservapedia disagrees. Planned Parenthood - Conservapedia
    This will be immediately disregarded due to the same of the source. You watch.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  10. #40
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I could say the same about you. PP is a bit of a liberal sacred cow, isn't it? I doubt any video showing wrongdoing, no matter how clear, would sway your faith in them.
    Thread after thread you try and tell me what I believe, and thread after thread, you prove yourself wrong. I am mostly indifferent to PP, and I have a long history on these boards of condemning wrongdoing and illegal acts no matter who does them.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •