Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 155

Thread: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

  1. #101
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/08/us...nthood.html?hp

    So a few idiots help a pimp, and the whole organization gets branded badly. Clearly, they aren't.

    Hey, isn't it the liberals that are always arguing systematic this, and systematic that? Now that you have to defend it, it becomes an isolated incident....Nice double standard you have there.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #102
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    03-29-11 @ 08:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    178

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hey, isn't it the liberals that are always arguing systematic this, and systematic that? Now that you have to defend it, it becomes an isolated incident....Nice double standard you have there.


    j-mac
    What? This was an isolated incident and I never argued that an isolated incident besmirched the entire organization unless it was not an isolated incident.
    "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it." -John Adams

  3. #103
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    I have to agree that this incident reflects an attitude that is built into the culture of Planned Parenthood. The pretentiousness of their name alone sets me on edge. PP wants to get people their abortions and will skate along the edges of the law to do it.

  4. #104
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    I have to agree that this incident reflects an attitude that is built into the culture of Planned Parenthood. The pretentiousness of their name alone sets me on edge. PP wants to get people their abortions and will skate along the edges of the law to do it.
    They've made a mockery of responsible parental planning.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #105
    Guru
    OKgrannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,221

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    I have to agree that this incident reflects an attitude that is built into the culture of Planned Parenthood. The pretentiousness of their name alone sets me on edge. PP wants to get people their abortions and will skate along the edges of the law to do it.
    Abortion represents 2% of Planned Parenthood's services, the majority of their service is birth control and education about birth control, IOW, an attempt to prevent abortions. How is "Planned Parenthood" a pretentious name? It seems fairly straightforward to me.
    "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
    ~Anonymous

  6. #106
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    Abortion represents 2% of Planned Parenthood's services, the majority of their service is birth control and education about birth control, IOW, an attempt to prevent abortions. How is "Planned Parenthood" a pretentious name? It seems fairly straightforward to me.
    Three percent of Planned Parenthood's services include abortion procedures. Though that is a small percentage of Planned Parenthood's work, that 3 percent totaled 289,750 abortions in 2006, making Planned Parenthood the largest provider of abortions in the United States.

    I don't care what other services it provides. I care about how they handle this issue.

  7. #107
    Guru
    OKgrannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,221

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    Three percent of Planned Parenthood's services include abortion procedures. Though that is a small percentage of Planned Parenthood's work, that 3 percent totaled 289,750 abortions in 2006, making Planned Parenthood the largest provider of abortions in the United States.

    I don't care what other services it provides. I care about how they handle this issue.
    If Planned Parenthood isn't there to provide those other services, there will be many more abortions. Now, do you really truly want to prevent abortions, or do you just want a feel-good righteous sounding law that forbids them but doesn't prevent them?

    Research: Public funds prevent 800,000 abortions a year - USATODAY.com

    NEW YORK Publicly funded family planning prevents nearly 2 million unintended pregnancies and more than 800,000 abortions in the United States each year, saving billions of dollars, according to new research intended to counter conservative objections to expanding the program.
    "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
    ~Anonymous

  8. #108
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    03-29-11 @ 08:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    178

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    Three percent of Planned Parenthood's services include abortion procedures. Though that is a small percentage of Planned Parenthood's work, that 3 percent totaled 289,750 abortions in 2006, making Planned Parenthood the largest provider of abortions in the United States.

    I don't care what other services it provides. I care about how they handle this issue.
    And they handled it by condemning those in the wrong and teaching their employees what to do under the circumstances.
    "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it." -John Adams

  9. #109
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    If Planned Parenthood isn't there to provide those other services, there will be many more abortions. Now, do you really truly want to prevent abortions, or do you just want a feel-good righteous sounding law that forbids them but doesn't prevent them?

    Research: Public funds prevent 800,000 abortions a year - USATODAY.com

    NEW YORK — Publicly funded family planning prevents nearly 2 million unintended pregnancies and more than 800,000 abortions in the United States each year, saving billions of dollars, according to new research intended to counter conservative objections to expanding the program.
    Irrelevant. When somebody comes to a PP office pregnant it doesn't really matter to me that there are some people who didn't pregnant. I don't treat abortion like it is removing a scab. Keeping people from getting pregnant and not needing to get an abortion is not a trade off in any way for me. I have no problem with birth control and other pregnancy services but I have a big problem with abortion on demand. So naturally I have a big problem with people subverting existing laws on abortion and people who think they can ignore a child's parents when it comes to making this decision.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Planned Parenthood Video - Helping The sex trade



    This man says giving money to Planned Parenthood is like giving it to the KLAN.

    I just learned that 1 in 2 black children are aborted. That's half!
    I really can't wait until PP is finally defunded even though we still have Hollywood more than willing to donate.
    Hollywood Celebs Helped Planned Parenthood Abortion Biz in 2010 | LifeNews.com
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •