Page 95 of 125 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #941
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    No, prof, we did not. We had nonsense punctuated with misinformation. Sorry. You have to think more than just mindless post links.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #942
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You should investigate single payer a little more. There are more than a few ways to do, and yes, as we see, a single payer system is less costly and more effective in that it allows greater access.

    As for a better plan, we'd have to actually try and hammer one out before either of us could say how good it was or wasn't. The fear some have to even allowing the discussion, chosing instead to fear monger, says a lot about them.
    It's not a matter of "fear mongering", it's simply explaining how these things work.

    The NHS in the UK now has something like 1.5 million employees, which is closing in on Walmart, despite the latter being international and offering far better service.

    The same thing holds true in Canada where the major part of our budget now goes toward health care, and when it was implemented it was said it would be 5% of the budget.

    You can be warned by those who have experienced it but I doubt that wll do much good. People think they can get something for nothing, that the 'government' will pay for it, but in real life it just doesn't work that way.

    And what's really strikingly odd about this is that other countries are trying to move away from big government while many Americans seem to be embracing it. They seem to forget entirely what made them free and prosperous in the first place, and that it certainly wasn't socialism.

  3. #943
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-17-18 @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,828

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We had nonsense punctuated with misinformation.
    LOL!

    tell it to nyt, the globe, wapo, the hill, cnn, abc, cbo's website, hhs' website...

    elmendorf and sebelius, for example, always think for themselfs

  4. #944
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    LOL!

    tell it to nyt, the globe, wapo, the hill, cnn, abc, cbo's website, hhs' website...

    elmendorf and sebelius, for example, always think for themselfs
    Yes, I would tell that to them. Seriously, think some.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #945
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It's not a matter of "fear mongering", it's simply explaining how these things work.

    The NHS in the UK now has something like 1.5 million employees, which is closing in on Walmart, despite the latter being international and offering far better service.

    The same thing holds true in Canada where the major part of our budget now goes toward health care, and when it was implemented it was said it would be 5% of the budget.

    You can be warned by those who have experienced it but I doubt that wll do much good. People think they can get something for nothing, that the 'government' will pay for it, but in real life it just doesn't work that way.

    And what's really strikingly odd about this is that other countries are trying to move away from big government while many Americans seem to be embracing it. They seem to forget entirely what made them free and prosperous in the first place, and that it certainly wasn't socialism.
    No, it is actually fear mongering. Giving misinformation is not explaining how things work. If you look at cost, we pay more than anyone. Everyone else is spending less.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #946
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-17-18 @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,828

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    KATHLEEN SEBELIUS doesn't THINK

    LOL!

    Helping Americans Keep the Coverage They Have and Promoting Transparency | HHS.gov

    DOUG ELMENDORF doesn't THINK

    Director's Blog Blog Archive Additional Information on CBO’s Preliminary Analysis of H.R. 2

    preposterous

    meanwhile---THREE QUARTERS OF A TRILLION DOLLARS IN NEW OBAMACARE TAXES

    that's NOT FUNNY

    he LIED

  7. #947
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    KATHLEEN SEBELIUS doesn't THINK

    LOL!

    Helping Americans Keep the Coverage They Have and Promoting Transparency | HHS.gov

    DOUG ELMENDORF doesn't THINK

    Director's Blog Blog Archive Additional Information on CBO’s Preliminary Analysis of H.R. 2

    preposterous

    meanwhile---THREE QUARTERS OF A TRILLION DOLLARS IN NEW OBAMACARE TAXES

    that's NOT FUNNY

    he LIED
    You realize, these don't speak to what i said at all. please, think.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #948
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-17-18 @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,828

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    these don't speak to what i said at all
    what you said (LOL!) is insignificant to a FLEA

    what THEY said, in contrast, matters

    sebelius EXEMPTED a thousand toobigs

    Helping Americans Keep the Coverage They Have and Promoting Transparency | HHS.gov

    obama LIED

  9. #949
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Well, prof, you never have been serious. Sorry for expecting anything different.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #950
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-17-18 @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,828

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    THREE QUARTERS OF A TRIL in new taxes

    A THOUSAND TOO BIGS exempted

    docs coast to coast REFUSING NEW MEDICARE PATIENTS

    a QUARTER TRIL doc fix off line

    another QUARTER TRIL double counted, says cbo

    ER COSTS thru the hospital roof

    OUR STATES, already bankrupt, hit with a QUARTER TRIL unfunded

    medicare CUT a full HALF TRIL

    live it, libs, love it

    it's YOURS

Page 95 of 125 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •