Page 90 of 125 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #891
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is what you do support when you propose an increase in the size of govt. which Obamacare does. Not sure why you continue to buy the rhetoric that a single payer system lowers costs.
    Nonsense. There's corruption in the private sector as well, and I don't support it either. You're just throwing up strawmen trying to make it an argument you can win. It's a fallacy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #892
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nonsense. There's corruption in the private sector as well, and I don't support it either. You're just throwing up strawmen trying to make it an argument you can win. It's a fallacy.
    Taxpayers don't fund corruption in the private sector, it is called personal choice where to spend your money. The fallacy is anyone that believes the Federal Govt. is effecient and can save money. Obviously you ignored the GAO Report yesterday. Not surprising from someone who will never admit when wrong.

  3. #893
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Taxpayers don't fund corruption in the private sector, it is called personal choice where to spend your money. The fallacy is anyone that believes the Federal Govt. is effecient and can save money. Obviously you ignored the GAO Report yesterday. Not surprising from someone who will never admit when wrong.
    We do as buyers, as customers, all the time.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #894
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We do as buyers, as customers, all the time.
    Yes, but you have a choice whether or not to buy. You have no choice in paying taxes. Just admit you are wrong and we can move on rather than make statements that you know are comparing apples to oranges.

  5. #895
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, but you have a choice whether or not to buy. You have no choice in paying taxes. Just admit you are wrong and we can move on rather than make statements that you know are comparing apples to oranges.
    If I know of the corruption. Many bought houses, and did so from corrupt folks in the private sector. Walstreet had some corruption, and they got more than a few people. Again and again, we find corruption, but not before many ahve been taken. If we use your reasoning, we should not allow the private sector to do business.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #896
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If I know of the corruption. Many bought houses, and did so from corrupt folks in the private sector. Walstreet had some corruption, and they got more than a few people. Again and again, we find corruption, but not before many ahve been taken. If we use your reasoning, we should not allow the private sector to do business.
    Of course there is corruption in the private sector but you have a choice whether or not to buy a house, whether or not to invest in Wall Street, but there isn't a private business out there there forces you to buy their services nor is there a private business out there that is 3.7 trillion dollars in size like our Federal govt.

    You may truly mean well but history and reality show that you are very naive when it comes to govt. performance. It truly is sad that you have so much passion for corporate corruption but very little for Public corruption. Where is your outrage over the GAO report yesterday? Why would you propose more govt. spending based upon the GAO report? Until govt. gets its house in order they shouldn't be allowed to grow because that throws good money after bad.

  7. #897
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    social security works fine---LOL!

    because gramma gets for her HALF MILLION DOLLARS contributed cuz she died just a little too soon

    and her granddaughter with downs goes to THE VILLAGE

    if social security is so then why does OBAMA'S OWN DEBT COMMISSION call for such draconian FIX

    Fiscal Commission Co-Chairs Simpson And Bowles Release Eye-Popping Recommendations | TPMDC

    raise the retirement age, cut benefits, up the pay-in, raise the income cap---ALL OF EM are required to REPAIR that which is so rosy

    it appears our cartoon correspondents, connoisseurs of comedy central, once again don't know what they're talking about

    oh well

  8. #898
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    no big deal---just get back the TWO TRIL

    LOL!

    you don't know what you're talking about
    read em and weep...

    Just facts.com

    * As of December 31, 2010, the U.S. government owes $2.6 trillion to the Social Security Trust Fund. This equates to $8,500 for every man, woman, and child living in the United States or $22,269 per household.[252] [253] [254]

    * The Social Security program is projected to start drawing money from the trust fund in 2010, 2011, and then every year from 2015 thereafter until trust fund exhaustion in 2037.[255] [256] [257]

    ricksfolly

  9. #899
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course there is corruption in the private sector but you have a choice whether or not to buy a house, whether or not to invest in Wall Street, but there isn't a private business out there there forces you to buy their services nor is there a private business out there that is 3.7 trillion dollars in size like our Federal govt.

    You may truly mean well but history and reality show that you are very naive when it comes to govt. performance. It truly is sad that you have so much passion for corporate corruption but very little for Public corruption. Where is your outrage over the GAO report yesterday? Why would you propose more govt. spending based upon the GAO report? Until govt. gets its house in order they shouldn't be allowed to grow because that throws good money after bad.
    Again, if we use your reasoning, we have no place for the private sector. it's your reasoning, not mine.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #900
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    read em and weep
    sure, the two trillion---no big deal---is in the LOCK BOX

    LOL!

    the eye popping recommendations of obama's OWN debt commission:

    Index the retirement age to longevity -- i.e., increase the retirement age to qualify for Social Security -- to age 69 by 2075.

    Index Social Security yearly increases to a lower inflation rate, which will generally mean lower cost of living increases and less money per average recipient.

    "Increase progressivity of benefit formula" -- i.e., reduce benefits by 2050 for middle, and, especially, higher earners, relative to current benefits.

    Increase the Social Security contribution ceiling: while people only pay Social Security taxes on the first $106,800 of their wages today, that's only about 86% of the total potentially taxable wages. The co-chairs suggest raising the ceiling to capture 90% of wages.
    Fiscal Commission Co-Chairs Simpson And Bowles Release Eye-Popping Recommendations | TPMDC

    a program---especially one of soc sec's magnitude---that can't keep its fundamental promises is a FAILURE

Page 90 of 125 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •