Page 89 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #881
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Is this what you call a surplus? Do you understand that SS surpluses have been used since LBJ put SS on budget and the Congress authorized its use for other things thus getting replaced with IOU's. How are those IOU's going to be paid for?

    Social Security IOU’s

    Social Security IOUs stashed away - Washington Times
    The point is, it isn't medicare eating up the dollars. Like I tried to tell you earlier, others thing effect this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #882
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The point is, it isn't medicare eating up the dollars. Like I tried to tell you earlier, others thing effect this.
    Medicare is part of SS and neither would be in trouble if the govt. hadn't spent the surplus every year since the 60's

  3. #883
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Medicare is part of SS and neither would be in trouble if the govt. hadn't spent the surplus every year since the 60's
    exactly, meaning the programs themselves work, and spend better than private insurance. Thanks for admitting that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #884
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    exactly, meaning the programs themselves work, and spend better than private insurance. Thanks for admitting that.
    Work for whom? The only reason they had a surplus was because they were getting money from individuals who were a long way from retirement. The surplus had nothing to do with management of the program.

  5. #885
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Work for whom? The only reason they had a surplus was because they were getting money from individuals who were a long way from retirement. The surplus had nothing to do with management of the program.
    They do what they are designed to do and cost less than we pay privately. That's the definition of working.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #886
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They do what they are designed to do and cost less than we pay privately. That's the definition of working.
    Take your SS contribution along with your company's contribution into an investment calculator and see how much money you would have at retirement compared to what you get from SS. Only a liberal would think that SS is working.

  7. #887
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Take your SS contribution along with your company's contribution into an investment calculator and see how much money you would have at retirement compared to what you get from SS. Only a liberal would think that SS is working.
    People who would not have any retirement fund to speak of do now. That helps everyone. It is working. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #888
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    People who would not have any retirement fund to speak of do now. That helps everyone. It is working. Sorry.
    Keep dodging and acting like you care about anyone else. If you truly cared you would stop supporting the high waste, fraud, and abuse of our federal tax dollars by an out of control expanding Federal Govt. I don't blame you from not doing as I suggested. The numbers would be staggering and it would be all yours for you and your family.

  9. #889
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep dodging and acting like you care about anyone else. If you truly cared you would stop supporting the high waste, fraud, and abuse of our federal tax dollars by an out of control expanding Federal Govt. I don't blame you from not doing as I suggested. The numbers would be staggering and it would be all yours for you and your family.
    Slow down there ranger, no one supports waste, fraud or abuse. Stop with the strawman nonsense.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #890
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Slow down there ranger, no one supports waste, fraud or abuse. Stop with the strawman nonsense.
    That is what you do support when you propose an increase in the size of govt. which Obamacare does. Not sure why you continue to buy the rhetoric that a single payer system lowers costs.

Page 89 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •