Page 82 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #811
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Centrist View Post
    Yes, those children with preexisting conditions and cancer patients who've been dropped from their health care will be thrilled.
    Do it the right way. Don't have government force people.

  2. #812
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    when your employer offers one and it doesn't offer dental, you don't have much of a choice.
    I have never seen that from an employer

  3. #813
    Sleeper Agent
    iamitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY, NY
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I have never seen that from an employer
    Dental isn't like health insurance. It's not really "insurance" at all, as there's few emergencies you might need to pay for if you didn't have insurance. It is actually a money benefit typically provided by an employer to help their employees pay for routine dental treatment. However, a large number of employers do not offer this perk to their employees.
    Give a man a fish, or he will destroy the only existing vial of antidote.

  4. #814
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    Dental isn't like health insurance. It's not really "insurance" at all, as there's few emergencies you might need to pay for if you didn't have insurance. It is actually a money benefit typically provided by an employer to help their employees pay for routine dental treatment. However, a large number of employers do not offer this perk to their employees.


    Keep saying that but I have always been offered that. I now work for an Owner operater that does not provide insurance. I just changed insurance companies because my premium went up 30%.

    The new plan I am paying $20 more a month so my premium will not increase for the next 2 years.

  5. #815
    Sleeper Agent
    iamitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY, NY
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Keep saying that but I have always been offered that. I now work for an Owner operater that does not provide insurance. I just changed insurance companies because my premium went up 30%.

    The new plan I am paying $20 more a month so my premium will not increase for the next 2 years.
    I know anecdotal evidence is sweet, but just because you were always offered dental doesn't mean everyone was. Dental is just money the company gives you for procedures, not actually "insurance" and not all companies offer it, regardless of what you've had in life.
    Give a man a fish, or he will destroy the only existing vial of antidote.

  6. #816
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    I know anecdotal evidence is sweet, but just because you were always offered dental doesn't mean everyone was. Dental is just money the company gives you for procedures, not actually "insurance" and not all companies offer it, regardless of what you've had in life.
    To further this Vision is treated the same way as Dental. This seperation of Dential/Vision support vs Health insurance is why many employers and providers sperate these two groups even in their own packages.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  7. #817
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    I know anecdotal evidence is sweet, but just because you were always offered dental doesn't mean everyone was. Dental is just money the company gives you for procedures, not actually "insurance" and not all companies offer it, regardless of what you've had in life.
    I've always had dental as well, if you can call it that. I somehow don't consider $500.00 per year, for the whole family much care. Barely covers cleanings.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #818
    Sleeper Agent
    iamitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY, NY
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I've always had dental as well, if you can call it that. I somehow don't consider $500.00 per year, for the whole family much care. Barely covers cleanings.


    j-mac
    Exactly, that's not dental insurance, that's a dental allowance.
    Give a man a fish, or he will destroy the only existing vial of antidote.

  9. #819
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    i'm a california public school teacher (east bay) and i get 1700 per year

  10. #820
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    No misinformation the Canada example proves it
    Yes, misinformation, and no Canada does not prove it. The poor child is already dead.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 82 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •