Page 73 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #721
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So then Black men that die at an earlier age lose their money. You are okay with the government stealing this money?
    Again, no one is stealing anything. You're hyperbolic language is simply inaccurate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #722
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    SS, along with other programs, would likely cover her daugher with downs.
    LOL!

    300 dollars a month

    on a HALF MILLION dollar investment

    get real

  3. #723
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, no one is stealing anything. You're hyperbolic language is simply inaccurate.
    last refuge of the defeated debater---semantics

    call it what you will

    the african american male who dies too soon gets SQUAT

    hey, what's the NEW retirement age gonna be?
    Last edited by The Prof; 02-21-11 at 12:58 PM.

  4. #724
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    SS, along with other programs, would likely cover her daugher with downs.
    If you call it that. Can you live on less than $700 a month which is what my son that has severe autism gets. Oh yes he gets Medicaid which does not cover his dental.

    The government expects me to take care of and support my 37 year old son. I have done this and saved the taxpayers money but you saying they will cover stuff is a lie. They put it on the parents. I could turn him over to the state and the state would institutionalize him but then the state pays not the feds

  5. #725
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, no one is stealing anything. You're hyperbolic language is simply inaccurate.
    It is accurate they are stealing my SS retirement funds and spending it on something else

  6. #726
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A toy? Try some cereal. Yes, that would be alright.
    Nope, I was accurate. Politicians, especially Dems, have been stealing money from SS since it began and using it to buy "toys" for those they favor and hope to get votes from.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #727
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    Right, like health insurance, when you need it, you're glad you have it.

    I probably didn't make clear that I was saying since SS is legal, national health insurance, which would work in a very similar way, should be legal too.
    Whether the NHI is legal or not is just another Rep gotcha tactic to discredit Obama and get enough votes to win the 2012 election, any way they can.

    ricksfolly

  8. #728
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Nope, I was accurate. Politicians, especially Dems, have been stealing money from SS since it began and using it to buy "toys" for those they favor and hope to get votes from.
    No, not accurate. That's just partisan nonsensical spin.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #729
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It is accurate they are stealing my SS retirement funds and spending it on something else
    Not stealing. And the something else is on our programs, which means our money spent on us.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #730
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    If you call it that. Can you live on less than $700 a month which is what my son that has severe autism gets. Oh yes he gets Medicaid which does not cover his dental.

    The government expects me to take care of and support my 37 year old son. I have done this and saved the taxpayers money but you saying they will cover stuff is a lie. They put it on the parents. I could turn him over to the state and the state would institutionalize him but then the state pays not the feds
    I like could, actually. But my wife works with such clients, and many do well. NJot sure about your state, but you might seek something like this: Opportunity Village - Home

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •