Page 61 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #601
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    i don't imply, i link, read em
    Yeah, I read them. So what. The public is not only concerned with the mandate. You can post all the links you like, but they won't change that fact.

    sure, that's why americans voted the greatest house turnover since 1938, the most state reps and leg's in history, 10 gubs, 6 senators...

    because voters want obamacare to go even farther
    Again: SO WHAT. Because the GOP took the House, that means that nobody wants HC reform to go further? You should try looking at a poll sometime. You're wrong.

    According to the poll, when asked if they would rather see Congress vote to repeal all of the provisions or keep them in place, 50 percent of all Americans favor repeal - even though only one in six dislike everything in the bill. Four in ten oppose such a move.

    "Some provisions of the new health care law, such as changes that prevent health insurance companies from denying or dropping coverage for sick people, are extremely popular, and nearly eight in ten Americans say they like at least some aspects of the health care law," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "Polls tend to show that Americans would like to repeal some parts of the new law and keep others. But that option won't be available to lawmakers when the House votes this week."

    A Quinnipiac University national poll that was also released Tuesday offered similar results. According to the survey, Americans by a 48 to 43 percent margin want Congress to repeal the health care reform.

    As expected, the CNN poll indicates a wide partisan divide, with less than a quarter of Democrats in favor of repeal. That number jumps to 47 percent among independent voters and 84 percent among Republicans questioned in the survey.

    CNN poll: Half favor repealing health care law – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
    So, most Dems don't support full repeal; most Repubs favor full repeal; and less than half of independents favor full repeal. But only one in six Americans dislikes the entire bill. Not only are you wrong, but you're discounting the opinions of half of the independent voters, most Dems and some Repubs. And in general, you are discounting the opinions of the country.

    And if you really believe that Obama would ever support repeal of HC reform, you are sadly mistaken. His veto pen will never run out of ink when it comes to this law.
    Last edited by Sgt Meowenstein; 02-10-11 at 07:39 PM.


  2. #602
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    So what.
    LOL!

    The public is not only concerned with the mandate.
    absolutely, there's also the half T cuts to medicare while expanding its already overstrained membership by millions, the 200B burden on bankrupt states in the form of expanded medicaid, the quarter T doc fix off budget, the double counting of another quarter T according to cbo, the three quarters of a T in new "revenues" according to cbo, the ten years of taxes vs 6 of benefits, the significantly increased er traffic and costs, the refusal of tens of thousands of doctors to treat the millions of new medicare and medicaid enrollees...

    and hhs' exemption of eight hundred too bigs from the yearly cap requirement

    why did sebelius let em go?

    what would've happened if she hadn't?

    what will she say to the next 1000 applicants?

    why do so many want out?

    You should try looking at a poll sometime.
    there's only one poll that matters, it was conducted on the first tuesday, last november, tens of millions of americans were surveyed

    And if you really believe that Obama would ever support repeal of HC reform, you are sadly mistaken.
    of course he won't

    and he's getting lonelier and lonelier
    Last edited by The Prof; 02-10-11 at 08:32 PM.

  3. #603
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yeah? Any comment?
    I am responding to those that said it would not happen. Then of course jobs will be lost

    CBO Director Says Obamacare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers | The Weekly Standard

  4. #604
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    The Internal Revenue Service says it will need a battalion of 1,054 new auditors and staffers and new facilities at a cost to taxpayers of more than $359 million in fiscal 2012 just to watch over the initial implementation of President Obama's healthcare reforms.

    "The ACA [Affordable Care Act] will require additional resources to build new IT systems; modify existing tax processing systems; provide taxpayer outreach and assistance services; make enhancements to notices, collections, and case management systems to address and resolve taxpayer issues timely and accurately; and conduct focused examinations to encourage compliance," said the newly released IRS budget.

    In its request, the IRS explained that the tax changes associated with health reform are huge. "Implementation of the Affordable Care Act of 2010 presents a major challenge to the IRS. ACA represents the largest set of tax law changes in more than 20 years, with more than 40 provisions that amend the tax laws."

    Unsaid: The requests are just the beginning, since the new healthcare program is evolving and won't be fully implemented until about 2014.

    The IRS document also noted that other tax law changes related to the stimulus require more workers, estimated at about 215 new employees.
    Healthcare Reform Law Requires New IRS Army Of 1,054 - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

    good luck getting funding for all that

    seeya in committee, libs

    bring the media

  5. #605
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I am responding to those that said it would not happen. Then of course jobs will be lost

    CBO Director Says Obamacare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers | The Weekly Standard
    As the Weekly Standard is often inaccurate, saying things say things they don't say, got another link? Here's an example of how this is likely not quite what you suggest:

    However, the CBO prediction is a little more nuanced. Last summer's CBO report said the projected labor reduction is "largely" the result of more people voluntarily staying out of the workforce because the healthcare reform law gives them better healthcare options through an expansion of Medicaid and new state-run health insurance exchanges.


    From the report:

    "The expansion of Medicaid and the availability of subsidies through the exchanges will effectively increase beneficiaries’ financial resources. Those additional resources will encourage some people to work fewer hours or to withdraw from the labor market."


    GOP jumps on old CBO job numbers - The Hill's Healthwatch

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #606
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    cbo, jan 7:

    obamacare includes more than three quarters of a T in new taxes

    Director's Blog Blog Archive Additional Information on CBO’s Preliminary Analysis of H.R. 2

    how many times did the presidential LIAR promise he would never raise taxes on anyone under 200K?

  7. #607
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As the Weekly Standard is often inaccurate, saying things say things they don't say, got another link? Here's an example of how this is likely not quite what you suggest:

    However, the CBO prediction is a little more nuanced. Last summer's CBO report said the projected labor reduction is "largely" the result of more people voluntarily staying out of the workforce because the healthcare reform law gives them better healthcare options through an expansion of Medicaid and new state-run health insurance exchanges.


    From the report:

    "The expansion of Medicaid and the availability of subsidies through the exchanges will effectively increase beneficiaries’ financial resources. Those additional resources will encourage some people to work fewer hours or to withdraw from the labor market."


    GOP jumps on old CBO job numbers - The Hill's Healthwatch
    Nice spin but Obama's fuzzy math will cause more deficit

  8. #608
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Nice spin but Obama's fuzzy math will cause more deficit
    Not spin; fact. The article misrepresents what is being said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #609
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    the cbo doesn't---three quarters of a T in new taxes

    grow up

  10. #610
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    85

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    cbo, jan 7:

    obamacare includes more than three quarters of a T in new taxes

    Director's Blog Blog Archive Additional Information on CBOs Preliminary Analysis of H.R. 2

    how many times did the presidential LIAR promise he would never raise taxes on anyone under 200K?
    i'm sorry, but the folks you worship (the privlidged)...WILL begin to have to pay appropriate taxes....that's if obama can't fight off the tparty's determined to attack to prevent it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •