Page 45 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #441
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Now that is typical liberal logic, amazing. I contributed to the SS fund for 35 years and now I should decline getting my money back? No wonder liberalism is a failure.
    your a self sufficient guy right? have planned for your future, right? you rail against all sorts of programs that you consider to be government, or worse yet, 'liberal' social programs....give it back, and quit receiving payments my friend...to do anything else could, oh, i don't know, could be considered hypocritical on your part?

  2. #442
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    your a self sufficient guy right? have planned for your future, right? you rail against all sorts of programs that you consider to be government, or worse yet, 'liberal' social programs....give it back, and quit receiving payments my friend...to do anything else could, oh, i don't know, could be considered hypocritical on your part?
    Everyone was forced to pay into SS and I did so for 35 years. It has nothing to do with being self sufficient but everything to do with getting back at least what you put in. Why would you invest money for 35 years and expect nothing in return? Is that the way you handle your finances, pay in and get nothing out?

  3. #443
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    sorry, no....basic health care should be a priority in this country, no one should have to wait till they are on deaths door to be seen by a doctor...this isnt a third world country. i work, i pay taxes, i don't have a problem with some of those tax dollars paying for basic health care, that benefits everyone...
    To treat it as if the government is the only way to treat people or that somehow untreated people in society could possibly have anything to do with if a country is a third world country or not is not just ignorant it's also extremely naive of the understanding of power.

    no conservative, the only one here with a misunderstanding is YOU....your whole philosophy is 'screw the rest of you, i got mine'. tell me, you get social security? medicare?
    You really have no idea what his point was did you? Giving ownership of payment of care to the government gives them ownership of everything it is made of. This point has been made before and it shouldn't come to a surprise to you. Oddly, all you seem to be able to muster is an ill informed statement. that reads "your whole philosophy is 'screw the rest of you, I got mine', tell, you you get social security? medicare". Tell me what does a forced payment into a system through tax dollars that is used by people that oppose it for there is no way out of it and at least they could get what they were forced to pay into it have anything to do with this? When you figure that out, tell me.
    Last edited by Henrin; 02-07-11 at 08:45 PM.

  4. #444
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    To treat it as if the government is the only way to treat people or that somehow untreated people in society could possibly have anything to do with if a country is a third world country or not is not just ignorant it's also extremely naive of the understanding of power.



    You really have no idea what his point was did you? Giving ownership of payment of care to the government gives them ownership of everything it is made of. This point has been made before and it shouldn't come to a surprise to you. Oddly, all you seem to be able to muster is an ill informed statement. that reads "your whole philosophy is 'screw the rest of you, I got mine', tell, you you get social security? medicare". Tell me what does a forced payment into a system through tax dollars that is used by people that oppose it for there is no way out of it and to atleast they could get what they were forced to pay into it have anything to do with this? When you figure that out, tell me.
    when you have something constructive to add to the conversation, i will be more than happy to listen to you, until then....

  5. #445
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Everyone was forced to pay into SS and I did so for 35 years. It has nothing to do with being self sufficient but everything to do with getting back at least what you put in. Why would you invest money for 35 years and expect nothing in return? Is that the way you handle your finances, pay in and get nothing out?
    from reading and arguing with you over several of your stances, just seems a bit hypocritical to me....i mean you, taking money from programs that you are dead set against? again, some could construe that as being hypocritical. just sayin'

  6. #446
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    when you have something constructive to add to the conversation, i will be more than happy to listen to you, until then....
    So you have nothing.

    So you can't actually figure out a way to continue to argue how lack of care of people by the government=third world country
    So can't figure out how people wanting what they were forced to pay for doesn't provide you a point a worth mentioning.
    You can't really figure out a way to somehow relate something needing labor to exist to a right to that labor for free.
    You can't figure out that government paying for your way gives them control over it.

    Ok, got it.
    Last edited by Henrin; 02-07-11 at 08:55 PM.

  7. #447
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    from reading and arguing with you over several of your stances, just seems a bit hypocritical to me....i mean you, taking money from programs that you are dead set against? again, some could construe that as being hypocritical. just sayin'
    Being dead set against them doesn't change the fact that I was FORCED to contribute. Why shouldn't I get back at least what I contributed? Your argument makes no sense so stop digging the hole deeper.
    Last edited by Conservative; 02-07-11 at 08:53 PM.

  8. #448
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    from reading and arguing with you over several of your stances, just seems a bit hypocritical to me....i mean you, taking money from programs that you are dead set against? again, some could construe that as being hypocritical. just sayin'
    What part of forced to pay for it don't you understand? So people have money taken out of their pay check for years, money they worked hard for, and you expect them to what? Say well, I'm against the idea of the program, so I don't want the benefits of my labor? Get a clue my man.

  9. #449
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Being dead set against them doesn't change the fact that I was FORCED to contribute. Why shouldn't I get back at least what I contributed? Your argument makes no sense so stop digging the hold deeper.
    my argument makes more sense than you care to admit, because you know it makes you look like a hypocrite. why would you, a staunch 'conservative' , a 'pulled myself up by my bootstraps' kinda guy, a 'personal responsibility' advocate, why are you taking money from funds/programs that you have publically argued against? why are you partaking in a 'liberal' social program..? seems that should go against your very nature, being that 'self made' guy who is all into 'personal responsibility'....i would think it would be a badge of honor for you not to accept money from social security, or to have to use medicare......just sayin'

  10. #450
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    my argument makes more sense than you care to admit, because you know it makes you look like a hypocrite. why would you, a staunch 'conservative' , a 'pulled myself up by my bootstraps' kinda guy, a 'personal responsibility' advocate, why are you taking money from funds/programs that you have publically argued against? why are you partaking in a 'liberal' social program..? seems that should go against your very nature, being that 'self made' guy who is all into 'personal responsibility'....i would think it would be a badge of honor for you not to accept money from social security, or to have to use medicare......just sayin'
    Not much you post makes a lot of sense but this might be the worst, yet you keep digging the hold deeper. I understand that contributing your own money might be a foreign concept to you but unlike you, I expect to get what I contributed back plus interest so I am taking nothing that I didn't contribute. You comments are typical of what we all have come to expect from you.

Page 45 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •