Page 43 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #421
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Senators rejected, 51 (all Dems) to 47 (all Reps) a bid to repeal the health bill, so let's stop all the bickering and make the health bill work for everyone, the same way it works for all the other Western countries.
    We should all "make it work" because 51 Democrats voted to keep an unconstitutional bill?

  2. #422
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    The entire law is currently unconstitutional in over 50% of the country right now. That's just the law. Like I said, if Obama doesn't like it, he can ask for a stay or file an appeal.
    It's just another way for the Reps to drag their feet. Participation is already forced on people in several ways, and not one word about it in the Constitution.

    ricksfolly

  3. #423
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    We should all "make it work" because 51 Democrats voted to keep an unconstitutional bill?
    Which part of the Constitution are you talking about? I just finished reading it, and the bill of rights, and I couldn't find anything that mentions it. If I can't find it, Judges can't find it either.

    ricksfolly

  4. #424
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    and a couple of other judges have ruled it constitutional...so your point is?? it will end up at the supreme court.
    Why don't you take it up with the judge who made the ruling on behalf of the 26 states that filed against it? What if GW Bush, Reagan, or Nixon were in a similar situation and the latest court ruled against a law that they enacted? My bet is you would be outraged and calling for contempt of court charges.

  5. #425
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Which part of the Constitution are you talking about? I just finished reading it, and the bill of rights, and I couldn't find anything that mentions it. If I can't find it, Judges can't find it either.

    ricksfolly
    Exactly. Nowhere in the Constitution is Congress authorized to regulate inactivity. Congress doesn't have the power to fine us for not doing something.

  6. #426
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    We should all "make it work" because 51 Democrats voted to keep an unconstitutional bill?
    No, because 40 million children need it...

    ricksfolly

  7. #427
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why don't you take it up with the judge who made the ruling on behalf of the 26 states that filed against it? What if GW Bush, Reagan, or Nixon were in a similar situation and the latest court ruled against a law that they enacted? My bet is you would be outraged and calling for contempt of court charges.
    i just don't see why you are getting all excited...one judge ruled in your favor, several others against you...it will be going to the supreme court. i find it amusing that you are making this one ruling out to be the 'gold standard' for things to come.

  8. #428
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    No, because 40 million children need it...

    ricksfolly
    Now it is 40 Million Children? Prove it

  9. #429
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    i just don't see why you are getting all excited...one judge ruled in your favor, several others against you...it will be going to the supreme court. i find it amusing that you are making this one ruling out to be the 'gold standard' for things to come.
    My favor? Why are you so passionately for someone else paying for your own personal responsibility issue? You believe the Federal Govt. has the right to force you to buy health insurance?

  10. #430
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My favor? Why are you so passionately for someone else paying for your own personal responsibility issue? You believe the Federal Govt. has the right to force you to buy health insurance?
    you view healthcare as a 'personal responsibility '(translation...if you have money you can have it, if not, tough sh$$) issue, i view it as something different...i believe you should have access to health care, other than just going to an emergency room, and that you shouldnt be 'screwed' just because you don't have or make alot of money...money should not be the deciding factor in determing access to health, sorry.
    use some common sense on this issue.

Page 43 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •