Page 42 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #411
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    No stay has been granted and they have not yet appealed. Obamacare should be dead in its tracks until one or the other occurs.
    What you think should or should not happen is irrelevant. The entire law is not unconstitutional until the Supreme Court says so.


  2. #412
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    HAHAHAHA Wow, you are so wrong it's not even funny. Ok, genius. Show me where in the Constitution it says that a district court's ruling immediately applies to the entire country. Get back to me when you actually know what you're talking about. Until the Supreme Court declares the law unconstitutional, it is still in place. Unless you can provide some evidence (like I did), that's just your own misinformed opinion.
    You really aren't nearly as smart as you think you are. When the bill was declared unconstitutional, until a stay is issued that law cannot be implemented.

  3. #413
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    By your logic, Conservative, the two rulings that held up the constitutionality of the mandate means that the law is constitutional. But it doesn't work like that. Obama won a couple of rulings; conservatives won a couple of rulings. Now the SCOTUS will make the ultimate decision. See how that works?


  4. #414
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    By your logic, Conservative, the two rulings that held up the constitutionality of the mandate means that the law is constitutional. But it doesn't work like that. Obama won a couple of rulings; conservatives won a couple of rulings. Now the SCOTUS will make the ultimate decision. See how that works?
    I do see how it works, do you? The Federal Court in Florida heard a case from 26 states and ruled the law unconstitutional. Until a stay is granted that is the ruling whether you like it or not. I am sure you have no problem with the govt. telling you what you have to buy and getting more involved in your life. Individual freedoms were attacked by an overreaching govt. that you and others seem to want.

  5. #415
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really aren't nearly as smart as you think you are. When the bill was declared unconstitutional, until a stay is issued that law cannot be implemented.
    I never claimed to be a genius. It's common sense. You said that the ruling means that the entire law is unconstitutional, and that the Obama administration is violating a court order by not ceasing all implementation. I proved you wrong. I provided links that dispute your claim. Care to show me some proof that you're right, or are you just going to give me you opinion again?

    However, Rivkin said, the ruling does not touch any provisions of the law that relate to insurance companies and employers, because they are not part of the lawsuit. This means, for instance, that the opinion does not jeopardize some aspects of the law that already have gone into effect, including the ability of young adults to remain longer on their parents' insurance policies.
    Prove him wrong.


  6. #416
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    I never claimed to be a genius. It's common sense. You said that the ruling means that the entire law is unconstitutional, and that the Obama administration is violating a court order by not ceasing all implementation. I proved you wrong. I provided links that dispute your claim. Care to show me some proof that you're right, or are you just going to give me you opinion again?



    Prove him wrong.
    I don't have to prove him wrong, read the ruling and take it up with the Judge. There is no severability clause in the law therefore the entire law is unconstitutional because of the mandate

  7. #417
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    What you think should or should not happen is irrelevant. The entire law is not unconstitutional until the Supreme Court says so.
    The entire law is currently unconstitutional in over 50% of the country right now. That's just the law. Like I said, if Obama doesn't like it, he can ask for a stay or file an appeal.

  8. #418
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    I never claimed to be a genius. It's common sense. You said that the ruling means that the entire law is unconstitutional, and that the Obama administration is violating a court order by not ceasing all implementation. I proved you wrong. I provided links that dispute your claim. Care to show me some proof that you're right, or are you just going to give me you opinion again?



    Prove him wrong.
    Judge Rules Health Care Law Is Unconstitutional - FoxNews.com

  9. #419
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    and a couple of other judges have ruled it constitutional...so your point is?? it will end up at the supreme court.

  10. #420
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    No stay has been granted and they have not yet appealed. Obamacare should be dead in its tracks until one or the other occurs.
    Senators rejected, 51 (all Dems) to 47 (all Reps) a bid to repeal the health bill, so let's stop all the bickering and make the health bill work for everyone, the same way it works for all the other Western countries.

    ricksfolly

Page 42 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •