Page 30 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #291
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And that is the point, explain to me why it is Constitutional for the Federal Govt. to mandate that you or anyone else have health insurance? By the way I am still waiting for you to break down the "50 million" uninsured people that are uninsured and tell us what part of that cannot actually afford insurance?
    I don't need to explain it to you. Constitutional scholars are betting that it's covered by the Commerce Clause of the Constitution. I'm no constitutional expert. BUt their argument makes sense to me. It will ultimately be decided by the SCOTUS.

    You can wait all you like on that other point. According to recent surveys, 50 million are uninsured. Prove them wrong. Even if it's more like 35 million, that's still a huge number of uninsured; and in the US, that's unacceptable.


  2. #292
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    good for you, i guess

    but you're more than 20 senators short
    And that changes my viewpoint how?


  3. #293
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    I don't need to explain it to you. Constitutional scholars are betting that it's covered by the Commerce Clause of the Constitution. I'm no constitutional expert. BUt their argument makes sense to me. It will ultimately be decided by the SCOTUS.

    You can wait all you like on that other point. According to recent surveys, 50 million are uninsured. Prove them wrong. Even if it's more like 35 million, that's still a huge number of uninsured; and in the US, that's unacceptable.
    There is a difference between 50 million uninsured and how many of those uninsured cannot afford healthcare or haven't been offered healthcare or even qualify for U.S. Healthcare. this is a country built on individual freedoms that you now want to take away and the question is why?

  4. #294
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't care whose idea it was, I am against a mandate and you don't seem to understand why? I don't buy your argument that it was a "Republican" idea as I know of no one that speaks for all Republicans.

    I asked you where the public option has lowered premiums anywhere else in the world? because you believe it doesn't make it true. The Federal Govt. by its nature is bloated and filled with waste, fraud, and abuse. What you really want apparently is someone to pay for your insurance, where do you want me to send the check?

    Still waiting for the breakdown of your 50 million unemployed number? How many truly cannot afford healthcare insurance?
    If you don't care whose idea the mandate was, then stop arguing against the fact that it was a Republican idea. And stop playing your little games with me. It was a Republican idea. Just because every single Republican in existence isn't claiming the mandate as their idea, doesn't change the fact that the mandate was originally introduced by Republicans in the 1990s as an alternative to Hillary Clinton's HC plan.

    Typical con. Just because I disagree, I'm a freeloading, good-for-nothing, welfare-receiving, no-job-having mooch. No, I don't want people paying for my insurance. And yes, I have a job. A public option would lower costs by giving insurers some competition. That's how I feel. You disagree? Fine. But don't act like you know a god damned thing about me.


  5. #295
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There is a difference between 50 million uninsured and how many of those uninsured cannot afford healthcare or haven't been offered healthcare or even qualify for U.S. Healthcare. this is a country built on individual freedoms that you now want to take away and the question is why?
    LOL. SO, because I have a different viewpoint, I'm a freedom-hating commie? Look, I can't argue with someone who continually resorts to partisan attacks. We don't agree. I'm okay with that. It doesn't mean that I hate freedom. Take a hike with that BS.


  6. #296
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    If you don't care whose idea the mandate was, then stop arguing against the fact that it was a Republican idea. And stop playing your little games with me. It was a Republican idea. Just because every single Republican in existence isn't claiming the mandate as their idea, doesn't change the fact that the mandate was originally introduced by Republicans in the 1990s as an alternative to Hillary Clinton's HC plan.

    Typical con. Just because I disagree, I'm a freeloading, good-for-nothing, welfare-receiving, no-job-having mooch. No, I don't want people paying for my insurance. And yes, I have a job. A public option would lower costs by giving insurers some competition. That's how I feel. You disagree? Fine. But don't act like you know a god damned thing about me.
    Apparently so because you cannot defend your position but buy the rhetoric from all those leftwing sites without every considering the consequences. Why do you believe in the absence of any evidence that the public option will lower healthcare costs to you?

    You have some passion for this issue and the question is why? Why do you use the 50 million uninsured number without identifying who makes up those numbers? Ever think of why politicians really want national healthcare?

  7. #297
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    LOL. SO, because I have a different viewpoint, I'm a freedom-hating commie? Look, I can't argue with someone who continually resorts to partisan attacks. We don't agree. I'm okay with that. It doesn't mean that I hate freedom. Take a hike with that BS.
    You call that a partisan attack? You just cannot defend your position and that frustrates you. I couldn't defend it either.

  8. #298
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,004

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    If you don't care whose idea the mandate was, then stop arguing against the fact that it was a Republican idea. And stop playing your little games with me. It was a Republican idea. Just because every single Republican in existence isn't claiming the mandate as their idea, doesn't change the fact that the mandate was originally introduced by Republicans in the 1990s as an alternative to Hillary Clinton's HC plan.
    Alright, I won't deny that.

    Now, I ask you...to see if you'll show equal amount of honesty. Was the health care plan you're speaking about introduced by "republicans" in the 1990's widely regarded by most republicans as being ideal? Did it have extremely wide reaching support? Did it quickly lose the vast majority of its supports the moment actual definitive numbers came out about the cost of it? Was it the only plan introduced by Republicans or was it one of many aimed at providing a "compromised" alternative to Hillary's HC plan?

    Your continual presentation acts and implies as if this was some gigantic, Republican loved, solidly backed and pushed, roundly supported idea. Is that what you're implying, or are you simply taking something a handful of Republicans supported for a short bit of time and quickly rejected and attempting to use it as some kind of measuring stick for what Republicans as a whole should always support as "their idea"?

  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Alright, I won't deny that.

    Now, I ask you...to see if you'll show equal amount of honesty. Was the health care plan you're speaking about introduced by "republicans" in the 1990's widely regarded by most republicans as being ideal? Did it have extremely wide reaching support? Did it quickly lose the vast majority of its supports the moment actual definitive numbers came out about the cost of it? Was it the only plan introduced by Republicans or was it one of many aimed at providing a "compromised" alternative to Hillary's HC plan?

    Your continual presentation acts and implies as if this was some gigantic, Republican loved, solidly backed and pushed, roundly supported idea. Is that what you're implying, or are you simply taking something a handful of Republicans supported for a short bit of time and quickly rejected and attempting to use it as some kind of measuring stick for what Republicans as a whole should always support as "their idea"?
    pretty sure most of us thought the mandate sucked then... as it sucks now.

  10. #300
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    Interesting how you keep denying the FACT that the mandate was originally a Republican idea.
    I've asked in other threads without any evidence presented. Perhaps you have this evidence and can post it please?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 30 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •