Page 24 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #231
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Not true. If you have health insurance and change employers, you are automatically eligible for coverage with no pre-existing condition exclusion.
    True. Assuming enough creditable insurance, which I assume you wuld have if you were outside of the pre-ex period on the prior policy.

  2. #232
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    January 31, 2010

    Breaking News: Florida Judge Rules Health Care Law Is Unconstitutional

    Story: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutionalby Florida U.S. Judge - Bloomberg
    Just another stop on the way to the Supreme court where they will try to find the answer in the constitution, but there isn't anything there, nothing, ziltch, so they'll make up their own rules as usual. And since most are Reps, they will make a ruling that's best for the Rep agenda, the same way they did in 2000.

    ricksfolly

  3. #233
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Just another stop on the way to the Supreme court where they will try to find the answer in the constitution, but there isn't anything there, nothing, ziltch, so they'll make up their own rules as usual. And since most are Reps, they will make a ruling that's best for the Rep agenda, the same way they did in 2000.

    ricksfolly
    don't know much about the Constitution, I see, amazing how you seem to support it when it supports your point of view but not when it is interpreted differently. Let me know where you want me to send the check to fund your healthcare premiums.

  4. #234
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Just another stop on the way to the Supreme court where they will try to find the answer in the constitution, but there isn't anything there, nothing, ziltch, so they'll make up their own rules as usual. And since most are Reps, they will make a ruling that's best for the Rep agenda, the same way they did in 2000.

    ricksfolly
    Did the two court cases which found the healthcare act Constitutional, simply make the ruling that's best for the Dem agenda too?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #235
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Just another stop on the way to the Supreme court where they will try to find the answer in the constitution, but there isn't anything there, nothing, ziltch, so they'll make up their own rules as usual. And since most are Reps, they will make a ruling that's best for the Rep agenda, the same way they did in 2000.

    ricksfolly
    Is that why Breyer and Souter voted with the majority in 2000 ??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #236
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Um... if it's unconstitutional for the Fed, it's unconstitutional for the states. State law can not violate the U.S. Constitution.


    Federal services. And I said perhaps. A broader reading of the judges decision, and blamo... no IRS.



    No one's forcing you to buy, just pay the relatively small fee to cover your care should you turn up in the ER.

    But if you don't pay income tax, you go to jail. That feels like force.

    Okay I might even buy what you say, but then you have to accept, that no one is forcing you to drive, you can walk or bike to wherever you want to go, take a bus, or any other mean of getting to where you want to go. Driving is a privileged not a right.

    Federal services? That is not a product. It is just what you stated, a service provided by your tax dollars.

    No one is forcing you to buy? I find that almost laughable and even more so with your last statement, because if you had followed any coverage on this, you would know, that collection of such fines, if you don't buy insurance, is to be collected by that same IRS that you say if you don't pay you will go to jail. So where is your choice again ??
    Last edited by The Barbarian; 02-01-11 at 02:52 PM.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Okay I might even buy what you say, but then you have to accept, that no one is forcing you to drive, you can walk or bike to wherever you want to go, take a bus, or any other mean of getting to where you want to go. Driving is a privileged not a right.

    Federal services? That is not a product. It is just what you stated, a service provided by your tax dollars.

    No one is forcing you to buy? I find that almost laughable and even more so with your last statement, because if you had followed any coverage on this, you would know, that collection of such fines, if you don't buy insurance, is to be collected by that same IRS that you say if you don't pay you will go to jail. So where is your choice again ??
    Don't fall for that liberal argument. The Founders gave the states a lot more lattitude than the Federal Govt. and that is where most of the power resided, not a strong central govt. The Constitution specific says that the states have the authority over anything not specifically stated in the Constitution and that includes implementing healthcare if the states wanted to do that. Healthcare is not mentioned in the Constitution and thus the mandate is unconstitutional but the states can do it if the people in the states approve it.

  8. #238
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Don't fall for that liberal argument. The Founders gave the states a lot more lattitude than the Federal Govt. and that is where most of the power resided, not a strong central govt. The Constitution specific says that the states have the authority over anything not specifically stated in the Constitution and that includes implementing healthcare if the states wanted to do that. Healthcare is not mentioned in the Constitution and thus the mandate is unconstitutional but the states can do it if the people in the states approve it.
    -chuckles- oh, I know.... just decided to take a different tact, to avoid the same argument over and over again.... no one is saying that by any law you have to drive a car, so if you don't you don't have to have auto insurance.... that is kinda hard to dispute .. .

  9. #239
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Don't fall for that liberal argument. The Founders gave the states a lot more lattitude than the Federal Govt. and that is where most of the power resided, not a strong central govt. The Constitution specific says that the states have the authority over anything not specifically stated in the Constitution and that includes implementing healthcare if the states wanted to do that. Healthcare is not mentioned in the Constitution and thus the mandate is unconstitutional but the states can do it if the people in the states approve it.
    Funny that it is the Republican idea that forces people to buy insurance is the biggest problem with the law. We should have gone the public option route...or better yet, single payer, rather than try to adopt these poor GOP ideas to gain their support. THAT was the biggest flaw with the healthcare law and the reason why many on the left are not happy with the law as well.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #240
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Funny that it is the Republican idea that forces people to buy insurance is the biggest problem with the law. We should have gone the public option route...or better yet, single payer, rather than try to adopt these poor GOP ideas to gain their support. THAT was the biggest flaw with the healthcare law and the reason why many on the left are not happy with the law as well.
    You have such great belief that the Federal Govt. can lower costs and increase quality and quantity. Upon what do you base that belief? Interesting that single payer is being dismantled in Europe and such failure in reducing costs in MA. Interesting that you and the rest of the Obama supporters ignore that reality.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •