Page 22 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #211
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Sgt Meowenstein;1059257948]Nope. Having a problem understanding that illegals aren't the only problem?
    Never said they were


    And I posted several polls that show support for the public option. So, what's your point?
    The point is that respected polls show that by far a majority support repeal as do the election results of November.


    So, because I disagree with you, I'm less of an American than you? Typical con. Thanks for probing my point. Commie
    .

    It just shows that you don't have a clue as to the foundation upon which this country was built and our Founders.



    Too bad a majority of Americans disagree with you.
    Prove it


    Really? 50 million uninsured people is a small number to you? And you think those 50 million people don't deserve health insurance? Good to know.

    What I see is someone buying the propaganda? Break down those 50 million for us? The leftwing blogs are making a fool of you and you will be the one ending up dependent on them. Good luck with that. There aren't 50 million Americans that cannot afford healthcare, aren't eligible for healthcare, or don't qualify for existing programs. Get the actual number and remember I always accept apologies

  2. #212
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    As if the private sector doesn't try to control people's lives.
    LOL, as if you don't have the freedom to move within the private sector. Try that with the public sector. You see you have a problem, you want the govt. to provide only the services you want even if it violates the Constitution. The fact is you cannot get your state to do what you want so you want to spread your misery equally to everyone else.

  3. #213
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    So, because I disagree with you, I'm less of an American than you? Typical con. Thanks for probing my point. Commie.
    Resorting to name calling already? But no, you're not less American you're just confused.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    Too bad a majority of Americans disagree with you.
    Polls showed a majority of American's didn't want Obamacare to be passed in the first place, it still happened though didn't it. Polls are so yesterday, it's now the courts decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    Really? 50 million uninsured people is a small number to you? And you think those 50 million people don't deserve health insurance? Good to know.
    Deserve? They have the ability to purchase health care the same as anyone else - no one's preventing them.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #214
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, as if you don't have the freedom to move within the private sector. Try that with the public sector. You see you have a problem, you want the govt. to provide only the services you want even if it violates the Constitution. The fact is you cannot get your state to do what you want so you want to spread your misery equally to everyone else.
    Well, you stupidly assume that I am miserable. That is not the case. But let's not pretend that private companies profiting off of refusal of service when people are actually miserable promotes the general welfare.

    Do you support the repeal of the Americans with Disabilities Act because it tells the private sector that they have to make their businesses accessible to those with disabilities?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #215
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Kandahar;1059257976]No it's not. Those numbers included ALL health care spending in all countries...public AND private. In the US, it's mostly private with a little bit of public. In many European countries, it's mostly public with a little bit of private. The TOTAL expenditures on health care are far higher here than in any other OECD country.
    It does appear that you and far too many others don't understand the components of our GDP and that of other countries. If a private business spends a dollar on healthcare how does that affect you? Then compare that to the public sector funded by tax dollars. Learn the components of GDP when making the comparison between countries.

    If we had a public option and it increased the average tax bill by, say, $1,000 while reducing the average premium by $1,500, I'd call that a reduction in costs.
    The countries of Europe have a single payer, have their costs dropped? Does it matter what you pay if you cannot get service? In MA the wait for services is weeks not days. Have the costs in MA gone up or down? You see, it has nothing really to do with costs, only access. Control comes next.


    Most other OECD countries have shown that you can give everyone access, reduce total costs, and have no worse health outcomes than we do here. Sounds like they have something we might learn from, but instead your idea of "real reform" is to move in the OPPOSITE direction of all these success stories.
    That is your opinion, there is no proof of that. As has been pointed out life expectancy isn't any better in foreign countries nor do any of those countries have 309 million people in land mass like this country along with the overall freedoms we have to destroy our own health. Other countries are trying to dismantle the single payer system, why. England!

  6. #216
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, as if you don't have the freedom to move within the private sector.
    Except this romanticized view of the private sector doesn't actually exist in health care spending. Typically you do NOT have the freedom to move from one private health care provider to another. If you get insurance through your employer, you take whatever policy your employer tells you to take. Sure, you could switch employers, but that's enough of a hassle that it highly discourages mobility. Furthermore, many people will not switch jobs - even if they're stuck at a job they hate or suck at - because they don't want to be without health insurance for even a day.

    But maybe you have more mobility if you don't get insurance through your employer, and just buy an individual plan, right? Wrong. Better hope you don't get sick, or you'll be wedded to that policy for the rest of your life. Any other individual plan will tell you to take a hike due to your preexisting condition, or just charge you so much that it's essentially a roundabout way of telling you to take a hike.

    This "freedom to move within the private sector" is a myth. Unless you're 25 and healthy, you have at most a few options when it comes to buying health insurance.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #217
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Well, you stupidly assume that I am miserable. That is not the case. But let's not pretend that private companies profiting off of refusal of service when people are actually miserable promotes the general welfare.

    Do you support the repeal of the Americans with Disabilities Act because it tells the private sector that they have to make their businesses accessible to those with disabilities?
    If you aren't miserable why are you trying to trust your vision of healthcare on everyone else since miserable are the people who cannot get service in those universal healthcare countries. Your failure to sell your position to your state says it all. If you cannot sell it in your state, why should the Federal Govt. implement it?

  8. #218
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Except this romanticized view of the private sector doesn't actually exist in health care spending. Typically you do NOT have the freedom to move from one private health care provider to another. If you get insurance through your employer, you take whatever policy your employer tells you to take. Sure, you could switch employers, but that's enough of a hassle that it highly discourages mobility. Furthermore, many people will not switch jobs - even if they're stuck at a job they hate or suck at - because they don't want to be without health insurance for even a day.

    But maybe you have more mobility if you don't get insurance through your employer, and just buy an individual plan, right? Wrong. Better hope you don't get sick, or you'll be wedded to that policy for the rest of your life. Any other individual plan will tell you to take a hike due to your preexisting condition, or just charge you so much that it's essentially a roundabout way of telling you to take a hike.

    This "freedom to move within the private sector" is a myth. Unless you're 25 and healthy, you have at most a few options when it comes to buying health insurance.
    In addition to your points, if you switch employers and health insurance, you may run into pre-existin condition exclusions. Also, the private sector tells you which doctors you can go to.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #219
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Kandahar;1059258010]Except this romanticized view of the private sector doesn't actually exist in health care spending. Typically you do NOT have the freedom to move from one private health care provider to another. If you get insurance through your employer, you take whatever policy your employer tells you to take. Sure, you could switch employers, but that's enough of a hassle that it highly discourages mobility. Furthermore, many people will not switch jobs - even if they're stuck at a job they hate or suck at - because they don't want to be without health insurance for even a day.
    Right, personal responsibility is a bitch? I was looking for a job when I found the one I had for 35 years. During those 35 years I became very marketable and I was paid well to stay. If I were forced to change jobs it first wouldn't take me two years to find another one and i would accept personal responsibility with regard to healthcare. Losing a job doesn't mean losing healthcare. COBRA exists.


    But maybe you have more mobility if you don't get insurance through your employer, and just buy an individual plan, right? Wrong. Better hope you don't get sick, or you'll be wedded to that policy for the rest of your life. Any other individual plan will tell you to take a hike due to your preexisting condition, or just charge you so much that it's essentially a roundabout way of telling you to take a hike.
    See above. your goal of the govt. protecting you from poor personal choices is quite telling.

    This "freedom to move within the private sector" is a myth. Unless you're 25 and healthy, you have at most a few options when it comes to buying health insurance.
    Moved five times in my career, went where the job was. You seem to have the opinion that the business owes you a job and health insurance. Wrong, the business owes you an opportunity and nothing more

  10. #220
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    In addition to your points, if you switch employers and health insurance, you may run into pre-existin condition exclusions. Also, the private sector tells you which doctors you can go to.
    So you prefer the govt. doing it? What does a bureaucrat in D.C. know about the doctors in Illinois?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •