Page 15 of 125 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Except I'm talking about EVERYONE...and I'm talking about ACTUALLY not being able to afford it (as in premiums that are thousands and thousands of dollars per year). Not complaining that you can't afford it, then paying the bill. You can't just ban preexisting conditions and expect everything else to stay the same. Economics does not work like that.
    Nothing proposed by Obama or the GOP will lower or keep insurance low. Obamacare is already the reason for increase in premiums

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    The way Pre-ex works is that if you are deemed to have a pre-existing condition, you are not going to be reimbursed for medical expenses related to that condition for the frst 2 years of the policy. 2 years is fairly common pre-ex exclusion, it can be slightly more or less. You can obtain treatment for other conditions, just not he condition that was pre-existing signing up for the coverage. After the two year period is up, you can obtain reimbursement for treatment related to the pre-ex condition.

    The way HIPAA deals with it, is they give creditable coverage for moving between plans. For example, if you have a pre-ex condition and have an unboken chain of insurance, you can move between policies without restarting the pre-ex exclusion period.

    It's certainly not as bad or scary as the porponents of this bill scared people into believing.
    I know come April my 2 years is up. I then will be looking for insurance again because $800 a month is way to much. Thank you Obama for unaffordable insurance

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    If the government setup a medicare/medicaid system for all, I wouldn't be happy with it. I think it would reslt in lower quality of care. Additionally, I think it would have zero chance of passing in the current congress. However, I don't believe that it would be unconstitutional.
    Low quality? You have no Idea. My son is on medicaid and it sucks. Because he is an adult medicaid does not cover dental

  4. #144
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not everyone pays into those programs and the VA requires military service
    Doesn't change the fact that the government can and has provided health care programs. They are entirely within the scope of the federal government's powers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    You need to get out of the beltway more, that simply isn't true.
    Most recent polls I've seen have concluded that most Americans either support the law, or oppose it on the grounds that it didn't go far enough. In any case, there certainly isn't the "overwhelming opposition" you claim. The numbers are fairly close.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    Still don't seem to comprehend personal responsibility issues. The govt. screws you over everyday but it must feel so good you want to extend the effort.
    I'd love to have a government plan. The government does not have a financial incentive to screw me like a for-profit health insurer does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    Don't you think you should get the exact number before trying to force a program on the rest of us? Low income people qualify for Medicaid, some qualify for Medicare if they are old enough , some are illegal aliens that use the services and don't pay for it, some are offered healthcare with their company but CHOOSE not to participate, some are rich enough to fund their own healthcare costs.
    And some cannot get insurance because they have a preexisting condition. Or they're stuck in a job that they can't leave because they'd lose their health insurance. And Medicaid does not begin to cover the health care needs of low-income people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    So I am told, wonder why? Have you ever bothered to do the research to find out why our costs are so high? Don't you think you should? How much do govt. regulations add to costs?
    Considering just about every other developed country in the world has far MORE government regulation of health insurers than we do, and far lower costs than we do, I'd say that's highly unlikely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    How about malpractice suits?
    OK, maybe that adds a few percent to total health care costs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    How about our porous borders and illegals using the ER's?
    OK, that adds maybe a few more percent. Keep going. Our health care costs per capita are nearly 50% above the next-highest nations (Switzerland & France).



    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    How about the inability to compete across state lines?
    This is just a euphemism for less government regulation, which I addressed above.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    How about FDA approval time for drugs and govt. approval for new medical procedures?
    How does that add to our health care costs? If anything, that's a DRAG on health care costs because it prevents people from getting new and expensive treatments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    Want me to go on or do you care? For you and many others it is all about access and really has nothing to do with costs as long as someone else is paying for it and therein lies the problem
    You just trotted out a list of things you don't like about health care costs, without even bothering to assess how they impact cost.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 01-31-11 at 11:59 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #145
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I know come April my 2 years is up. I then will be looking for insurance again because $800 a month is way to much. Thank you Obama for unaffordable insurance
    Chances are it probably would have gone up, with or without the health care bill...


  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Chances are it probably would have gone up, with or without the health care bill...

    For 10 years I have been with several companies and always paid around $600 a month

  7. #147
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    For 10 years I have been with several companies and always paid around $600 a month
    Well, and even if insurance premiums have been going up, this year the jump was far greater than years prior. Why can folks not see why that is?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  8. #148
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Things are crumbling for Obama overseas and at home. Here's the Bamster's new theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-magrm3Voo
    There you go again. I think you said that when the hostilities between NK and SK were up. Why don't you just come out and say you hate the man and wish him ill?

  9. #149
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    For 10 years I have been with several companies and always paid around $600 a month
    How about your deductable? Come on be honest!

  10. #150
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,692
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    For 10 years I have been with several companies and always paid around $600 a month
    Holly cow!!! Why do you pay so much? What do you get for it? 5 or 6 $20 doctor's visits and a few pills?

    Check out this site: Health Insurance - Find Affordable Health Insurance Plans and Buy Medical Coverage Online
    It will give you quotes for insurance. You can get a plan for 1/4 of that, you just won't have the doctor's visit...but you'll be saving around $5,400 a year so I think you'll manage.
    Last edited by ksu_aviator; 02-01-11 at 12:35 AM.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •