Page 112 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #1111
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    your point (LOL!) is microscopic

    all that matters is OBAMACARE

    three quarters of a T in new taxes, half a T cuts to medicare while expanding it by millions, a quarter T unfunded burden on bankrupt states, a quarter T doc fix unbudgeted, a quarter T double counted, thousands of waivers, 10 years of taxes vs 6 of bennies, er costs up, docs opting out...

    ignore THAT

    don't be BIASED

    LOL!
    You're a bit factually incorrect again. Do you need links to fact checking sites?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1112
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, we have been through this and you ignored the response then just like now. You have way too much invested in this argument and are losing badly. How long until the problem is alleviated? It hasn't been solved in MA and MA has the highest doctors per capita in the country yet cannot keep people from using the ER's. There is no evidence that universal healthcare improves access and lowers costs anywhere else in the world. Keep believing that leftwing bs.
    I've ignored? Seriously, pot to kettle.

    Again, the present reform has incentives to add more more doctors. MA is not equal to the present reform. And, MA will also adjust. Few people expect refomr to be smooth without bumps and growing pains. But you only get better by trying to do better. That's actually how it works.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1113
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Do you need links to fact checking sites?
    asks the linklessly outta luck

    LOL!

    send em to ELMENDORF and SEBELIUS

    oh, and anthony I-WANNA-WAIVER weiner

    he needs one too!

    for NEW YORK

  4. #1114
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've ignored? Seriously, pot to kettle.

    Again, the present reform has incentives to add more more doctors. MA is not equal to the present reform. And, MA will also adjust. Few people expect refomr to be smooth without bumps and growing pains. But you only get better by trying to do better. That's actually how it works.
    It takes years to add doctors and as I pointed out MA hasn't solved the problem as costs continue to rise. Your emotional investment in this issue is quite telling. You need to take a breath, step back, and think objectively for a change. Costs are going up in MA and will continue to rise all over the world even with single payer and universal care. Nothing in this bill lowers costs including all the waivers being issued.

  5. #1115
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It takes years to add doctors and as I pointed out MA hasn't solved the problem as costs continue to rise. Your emotional investment in this issue is quite telling. You need to take a breath, step back, and think objectively for a change. Costs are going up in MA and will continue to rise all over the world even with single payer and universal care. Nothing in this bill lowers costs including all the waivers being issued.
    So, you were expecting instant gradification? And if you read the article The prof mindlessly linked, you'd see they don't see the problem linked to reform, and that some of the reasons are unclear yet. Still, you cannot imporve without trying to improve. While it may be messy to step up and try, it is still better than accepting the status quo.

    The same with the national reform. You have to start before you can actually get anywhere. you side has repeatedly been unwilling to even start, to even try. Which is why this has been a problem for a long, long time.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1116
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    asks the linklessly outta luck

    LOL!

    send em to ELMENDORF and SEBELIUS

    oh, and anthony I-WANNA-WAIVER weiner

    he needs one too!

    for NEW YORK
    Links don't replace reasoning.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1117
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Links don't replace reasoning.
    And reasoning doesn't replace facts.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #1118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Links don't replace reasoning
    are you accusing KATHLEEN SEBELIUS, barack hussein obama's SECRETARY OF HHS, of failing to reason?

    LOL!

  9. #1119
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    There is also a lot of waste and theft in the private health insurance system. Hospitals pad their bills for services never rendered, and there is no way the insurance companies can investigate or stop this level of fraud. One remedy the insurance companies do have, though, is to raise rates. Lots more cost to all of us due to theft.
    Can't understand why, when the government is mention, people knee jerk their hate reaction and won't listen to anything else after that. These people are supposed to be educated and yet they still see the government as a monolith, not what it really is... Working people just like you, me, and probably 90 percent of the others.

    When it comes down to trust, I'd chose a Government civil servant over private industry every time. They feel more comfortable with their job because of all the perks they get. They have the best medical coverage, job security, more holidays, pay no social security, get a salary equal to private companies, have a generous retirement plan, and, most of all, no hard schedules to meet and very little competitiveness.

    ricksfolly

  10. #1120
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    LMAO....tell you what, go to the Bill and use it's text to show us we won't lose any freedoms

    Tread lightly...I already told I know whats in it

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, false. You really seem to be drinking the kool aid of the tired old tactics. No one loses any freedom.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •