Page 111 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #1101
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And you will have them once the reform is inacted.
    And yes, 20 somethings to wrongly believe they are invinciable.
    dept chair, huh?

    LOL!

  2. #1102
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It would also be a lot less expensive if we got the illegal alien problem under control and created more doctors. How do you explain the increase in ER usage in MA by insured people because they cannot get into seeing a doctor?

    As I have stated over and over again this is all about access to you and not about improved quality or quantiy of healthcare. There is no govt program that has ever cut costs and have always cost more than intended. Interesting that liberals have an arrogance that seems to believe the last group of liberals just didn't do it right and that this group can correct the problem. That has never happened.
    Having one does not limit you tackling the other. And having access is an imporvement in quality for those who did not have access before. Our problem here is largely one of access.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1103
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    having access is an imporvement in quality for those who did not have access before.
    wrong again

    ASA: ASA 130th Annual Meeting Abstracts - Primary Payer Status Affects Mortality For Major Surgical Operations

  4. #1104
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    I realize thinking isn't often aparent in your posts, but why in the world to you think this disputes what I said?

    From you link:

    Possible explanations include delays in access to care or disparate differences in health maintenance.


    In orther words, exactly what I have been saying.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1105
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Having one does not limit you tackling the other. And having access is an imporvement in quality for those who did not have access before. Our problem here is largely one of access.
    What good is access if you have to go to the ER for care because you cannot get into seeing a doctor?

  6. #1106
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What good is access if you have to go to the ER for care because you cannot get into seeing a doctor?
    You over state that problem by a lot, and fail to realize that problem will be reduced in time. The reform actually has built in incentives to increase the number of doctors, which has been artifically held down by the AMA.

    But we've been through this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1107
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You over state that problem by a lot, and fail to realize that problem will be reduced in time.
    wrong again

    ER visits, costs climb - The Boston Globe

  8. #1108
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    Nope. This still doesn't address my point. Please read for comprehension.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1109
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You over state that problem by a lot, and fail to realize that problem will be reduced in time. The reform actually has built in incentives to increase the number of doctors, which has been artifically held down by the AMA.

    But we've been through this.
    Yes, we have been through this and you ignored the response then just like now. You have way too much invested in this argument and are losing badly. How long until the problem is alleviated? It hasn't been solved in MA and MA has the highest doctors per capita in the country yet cannot keep people from using the ER's. There is no evidence that universal healthcare improves access and lowers costs anywhere else in the world. Keep believing that leftwing bs.

  10. #1110
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    This still doesn't address my point
    your point (LOL!) is microscopic

    all that matters is OBAMACARE

    three quarters of a T in new taxes, half a T cuts to medicare while expanding it by millions, a quarter T unfunded burden on bankrupt states, a quarter T doc fix unbudgeted, a quarter T double counted, thousands of waivers, 10 years of taxes vs 6 of bennies, er costs up, docs opting out...

    ignore THAT

    don't be BIASED

    LOL!
    Last edited by The Prof; 04-04-11 at 02:15 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •