Page 109 of 125 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #1081
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Good, you finally admitted your continual straw man arguement.

    Now, please stop making it.
    That's stupid. There is no strawman. The question was asked by others and that is the point, and it is stupid to believe thjat only one poll can ask the question.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1082
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You lose no freedom at all. Tha's just more hyperbole and irrational rethoric.
    BS we are forced to be under government supervision which will cost us even more.

  3. #1083
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    BS we are forced to be under government supervision which will cost us even more.
    Again, false. You really seem to be drinking the kool aid of the tired old tactics. No one loses any freedom.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1084
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Less will be paying nothing, as you put it, under reform. And it will be more controlled, with more oversight, so we can see where the dolalrs are going. In the end, we pay less for more. It isn't perfect, as your side does everything it can to poison real discussion on this topic. But while not perfect yet, this reform was a needed step in the right direction. Not perfect, and not finished, but a proper step.
    Each and every family of four making less than $30,000 / year, will get free health care.

    I know you like to dodge questions, but one more time........ who will be paying for every penney of these people's healthcare ???

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #1085
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    BS we are forced to be under government supervision which will cost us even more.
    you're statement is bs. please prove it.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #1086
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Each and every family of four making less than $30,000 / year, will get free health care.

    I know you like to dodge questions, but one more time........ who will be paying for every penney of these people's healthcare ???
    Same people who pay now, only they will pay less, and there will be some oversight. Frankly, your inability to understand an answer is doesn't mean you were notn answered. We pay for millions before reform, and ad hock with little to no oversight. We improve that a bit with the current reform, but no one suggests it should end there.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1087
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Same people who pay now, only they will pay less, and there will be some oversight. Frankly, your inability to understand an answer is doesn't mean you were notn answered. We pay for millions before reform, and ad hock with little to no oversight. We improve that a bit with the current reform, but no one suggests it should end there.
    We will pay less ??? Prove it !!

    We pay millions now for the uninsured and we will pay millions after reform for the uninsured. Nothing will change.

    No oversight ??? I thought you were constantly whining that insurance companies provided too MUCH oversight. Which is it ??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #1088
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    We will pay less ??? Prove it !!

    We pay millions now for the uninsured and we will pay millions after reform for the unisured. Nothing will change.
    It's logic. If more are insured, then there is less reason for hospitals to raise prices, which means there is less reason for insurance companies to raise prices. If they are doing so, they are doing so to try and gouge people. And will we have the ability to track it it better now.

    Not only that, paying a premium for more people is much less expensive than paying for the uninsured as they recieve treatment uninsured. Cost evenly distributed among many is much less expensive than cost distributed ad hock and to only those who pay. Remember we actually have people right now who can afford insurance who are not doing so, leaving the cost of their injuries and illness up to others to pay. Having them insured along decreases costs.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1089
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's logic. If more are insured, then there is less reason for hospitals to raise prices, which means there is less reason for insurance companies to raise prices. If they are doing so, they are doing so to try and gouge people. And will we have the ability to track it it better now.

    Not only that, paying a premium for more people is much less expensive than paying for the uninsured as they recieve treatment uninsured. Cost evenly distributed among many is much less expensive than cost distributed ad hock and to only those who pay. Remember we actually have people right now who can afford insurance who are not doing so, leaving the cost of their injuries and illness up to others to pay. Having them insured along decreases costs.
    It's logic eh ??? Sorry, but I prefer hard numbers to your "logic".

    I'd be willing to bet you that the vast majority of young people just out of college will decide to skip the mandated insurance coverage. Most 20 somethings believe they are superhuman and would rather buy a flat screen tv than pay for insurance they don't want believe they need.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #1090
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    It's logic eh ??? Sorry, but I prefer hard numbers to your "logic".

    I'd be willing to bet you that the vast majority of young people just out of college will decide to skip the mandated insurance coverage. Most 20 somethings believe they are superhuman and would rather buy a flat screen tv than pay for insurance they don't want believe they need.
    And you will have them once the reform is inacted. Prior to that, logic is required. It is not wrong or improper to think.

    And yes, 20 somethings to wrongly believe they are invinciable. And when things go wrong for them, we pay. This is why republicans, conservatives, orginally wanted to mandate that they buy insurances. Back then, they believed in personal responsibility.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •