Page 104 of 125 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #1031
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Who doesn't need it? Seriously, if he faces a major injury or illness, will he be able to pay for it on $45,000 a year? Believing that is the definition of delusional.

    The bill is not yet perfect, and we should work to improve it. And we should do so without the fear mongering nonsense. Passing the buck is a common practice and no one should be surprised that a number seek to shirk responsibility. But no reform leaves us where we are, spending more than any other country, and receiving less for our money than most.
    Many people do not have health insurance because they do not make it a priority. That is their right and what business is it of the government to force them to have it.

  2. #1032
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm telling him he's delusional if he thinks he doesn't need it. But instead of playing this silly game, tell me how he will afford a major illness of injury without insurance.
    Lets see do you mean the original bill or what the hospital will accept. For my back surgery I got a bill for $160,000 the settled for $67,000

  3. #1033
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You may be right, but you might not. Just remember, when the person who doesn't want to pay for insurance gets ill or injuried, you will be paying for them one way or another, just as you have been and are right now before any reform.
    With Obamacare we still pay for them because Obama will put millions on medicaid and bankrupt the states. There is no difference, Obamacare does nothing except grow government put more controls on us the people and it also will increase the deficit

  4. #1034
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    you do realize that isn't what I said? The forcing wasn't through votes, but through misinformation and fearmongering that led to lack of public support. Congress is especially subject to public outcry. It cost a lot to get this watered down version, and would ahve cost far more to do more.
    The problem is the more people find out about government healthcare the more they hate it. The government can't fix medicare and medicaid and SS what makes you think this will be any different.

  5. #1035
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    You don't really want to get into the Health Care Debate with me.....you like every other Lefty have NO idea whats in it.
    You're fairly new and not familiar with Boo. He loves to shoot out one-liners and change the subject, but you won't get much of substance from him. He prefers to debate tirelessly on irrelevant minutia rather than the meat of the problem.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #1036
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Who's we? you'll find the nation quite divided. Some who oppose this reform oppose it because it didn't go far enough, almost as many as who oppose it because it went to far.
    Are you sure about that ?

    The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that 58% of Likely U.S. Voters at least somewhat favor repeal of the health care law while 36% are opposed.

    These figures include 46% who Strongly Favor repeal and 27% who Strongly Oppose it.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #1037
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Are you sure about that ?
    Did you read what I wrote at all. If you take those numbers at face value without asking any more questions you might assume we don't want a single payer system. However, if you ask the next question, you'll find, as I stated earlier, a fair number of those who want it repealed want the government to go further, and are upset because it doesn't go far enough. We are almost divided into thirds on this. 1/3 want less, 1/3 like it as it is, and 1/3 want the government to go further. That is being divided.


    THE DEMAND FOR MORE AMBITIOUS HEALTH CARE REFORM.... The new CNN poll on the Affordable Care Act, celebrating its first anniversary today, is already proving to be popular on the right. And if one only looks at the first two paragraphs, it's easy to see why.

    One year after President Barack Obama signed the health care reform bill into law, a new national poll indicates that attitudes toward the plan have not budged.

    According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Wednesday, on the one year anniversary of the signing of the law, 37 percent of Americans support the measure, with 59 percent opposed. That's basically unchanged from last March, when 39 percent supported the law and 59 percent opposed the measure.



    But what this neglects to mention is the relevant detail -- there's quite a disagreement within that 59% majority.

    In fact, the top line is pretty misleading. While 37% support the law, another 13% want the Affordable Care Act to go further, be more ambitious, and offer more progressive reforms. In other words, 50% of Americans support the law or want it to be more liberal.

    The Washington Monthly

    On the big abstract ideological question about support for the health reform law, the voters split down the middle: 48 percent say they support repeal and 47 percent say they want the reform law to stay the same or be expanded. Some mandate.

    John Bouman: Americans Want Health Care Reform to Go Forward

    [...] The poll found that about four in 10 adults think the new law did not go far enough to change the health care system, regardless of whether they support the law, oppose it or remain neutral. On the other side, about one in five say they oppose the law because they think the federal government should not be involved in health care at all.

    AP Poll: Majority of Americans Want Health Care Law To Do More | Crooks and Liars

    Now that's just the first few links of a search. But if you don't know this by now, you're really not listening and are instead trying to make numbers say something they are not.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1038
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Did you read what I wrote at all. If you take those numbers at face value without asking any more questions you might assume we don't want a single payer system. However, if you ask the next question, you'll find, as I stated earlier, a fair number of those who want it repealed want the government to go further, and are upset because it doesn't go far enough. We are almost divided into thirds on this. 1/3 want less, 1/3 like it as it is, and 1/3 want the government to go further. That is being divided.


    THE DEMAND FOR MORE AMBITIOUS HEALTH CARE REFORM.... The new CNN poll on the Affordable Care Act, celebrating its first anniversary today, is already proving to be popular on the right. And if one only looks at the first two paragraphs, it's easy to see why.

    One year after President Barack Obama signed the health care reform bill into law, a new national poll indicates that attitudes toward the plan have not budged.

    According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Wednesday, on the one year anniversary of the signing of the law, 37 percent of Americans support the measure, with 59 percent opposed. That's basically unchanged from last March, when 39 percent supported the law and 59 percent opposed the measure.



    But what this neglects to mention is the relevant detail -- there's quite a disagreement within that 59% majority.

    In fact, the top line is pretty misleading. While 37% support the law, another 13% want the Affordable Care Act to go further, be more ambitious, and offer more progressive reforms. In other words, 50% of Americans support the law or want it to be more liberal.

    The Washington Monthly

    On the big abstract ideological question about support for the health reform law, the voters split down the middle: 48 percent say they support repeal and 47 percent say they want the reform law to stay the same or be expanded. Some mandate.

    John Bouman: Americans Want Health Care Reform to Go Forward

    [...] The poll found that about four in 10 adults think the new law did not go far enough to change the health care system, regardless of whether they support the law, oppose it or remain neutral. On the other side, about one in five say they oppose the law because they think the federal government should not be involved in health care at all.

    AP Poll: Majority of Americans Want Health Care Law To Do More | Crooks and Liars

    Now that's just the first few links of a search. But if you don't know this by now, you're really not listening and are instead trying to make numbers say something they are not.
    So you think it is Constitutional for the Federal Govt. to demand that people either purchase healthcare or pay a fine? You selectively choose the parts of the survey you believe supports your point of view and ignore that much of your concerns could have been addressed without the Fedreal Govt. bureaucracy that this creates.

  9. #1039
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you think it is Constitutional for the Federal Govt. to demand that people either purchase healthcare or pay a fine? You selectively choose the parts of the survey you believe supports your point of view and ignore that much of your concerns could have been addressed without the Fedreal Govt. bureaucracy that this creates.
    We've been through this. And yes, Gill was selectively choosing what part of the suvey he was going to listen to. it is important to break the numbers down and seek to understand what is actually being said. Do less is to be dishonest.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1040
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Thanks for the tip

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You're fairly new and not familiar with Boo. He loves to shoot out one-liners and change the subject, but you won't get much of substance from him. He prefers to debate tirelessly on irrelevant minutia rather than the meat of the problem.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •