Page 100 of 125 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1250

Thread: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

  1. #991
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    So let's hear some of your thoughts..... if ObamaKare is so wonderful, why are so many of Obama's pals getting waivers for it, while the poor guy with a family of four making $45,000/year gets soaked for over $2,500 in health insurance premiums whether he wants it or needs it.
    Who doesn't need it? Seriously, if he faces a major injury or illness, will he be able to pay for it on $45,000 a year? Believing that is the definition of delusional.

    The bill is not yet perfect, and we should work to improve it. And we should do so without the fear mongering nonsense. Passing the buck is a common practice and no one should be surprised that a number seek to shirk responsibility. But no reform leaves us where we are, spending more than any other country, and receiving less for our money than most.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #992
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Who doesn't need it? Seriously, if he faces a major injury or illness, will he be able to pay for it on $45,000 a year? Believing that is the definition of delusional.

    The bill is not yet perfect, and we should work to improve it. And we should do so without the fear mongering nonsense. Passing the buck is a common practice and no one should be surprised that a number seek to shirk responsibility. But no reform leaves us where we are, spending more than any other country, and receiving less for our money than most.
    So, you are telling him what he needs for himself and his family... no, more than that, you are forcing him to pay for something he doesn't want, can't afford, and HE believes his family doesn't need. There is a name for the bull you are promoting.

    What, no response to my question ??? I'm shocked.

    I'll repeat it again in case you missed it .... Why should Obama's friends be able to get waivers if this program is so wonderful for all of us ???

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #993
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    So, you are telling him what he needs for himself and his family... no, more than that, you are forcing him to pay for something he doesn't want, can't afford, and HE believes his family doesn't need. There is a name for the bull you are promoting.

    What, no response to my question ??? I'm shocked.

    I'll repeat it again in case you missed it .... Why should Obama's friends be able to get waivers if this program is so wonderful for all of us ???
    I'm telling him he's delusional if he thinks he doesn't need it. But instead of playing this silly game, tell me how he will afford a major illness of injury without insurance.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #994
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm telling him he's delusional if he thinks he doesn't need it. But instead of playing this silly game, tell me how he will afford a major illness of injury without insurance.
    Still dodging I see. That's become your M.O.

    I'll post again in case you missed it.......Why should Obama's friends be able to get waivers if this program is so wonderful for all of us ???

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #995
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Still dodging I see. That's become your M.O.

    I'll post again in case you missed it.......Why should Obama's friends be able to get waivers if this program is so wonderful for all of us ???
    Oh, quit being stupid. No dodge. He needs insurance. He cannot afford a major illness or injury without it, and you refuse to address that because you know I'm right. So, you divert trying to make it about me. Weak ass **** that.

    As for the waviers, I answered that. Try reading.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #996
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Oh, quit being stupid. No dodge. He needs insurance. He cannot afford a major illness or injury without it, and you refuse to address that because you know I'm right. So, you divert trying to make it about me. Weak ass **** that.

    As for the waviers, I answered that. Try reading.
    Stupid ??? I sure thought that was against the rules, but maybe they've been loosened up and calling fellow members names is now ok.

    Did I miss that rule change ???

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #997
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Stupid ??? I sure thought that was against the rules, but maybe they've been loosened up and calling fellow members names is now ok.

    Did I miss that rule change ???
    Your statement was stupid. But if I'm wrong for saying so, I'll apologize. That said, try addressing the point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #998
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The bill is not yet perfect
    LOL!

    you can say that again

    we should do so without the fear mongering nonsense
    yup

    the congressional budget office, the department of health and human services website, the asa...

    and ANTHONY WEINER---LOL!

    ooh, scary

  9. #999
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Your statement was stupid. But if I'm wrong for saying so, I'll apologize. That said, try addressing the point.
    No, not until you answer mine. You might claim to have answered the question, but you haven't ... at least not since it was brought up about Weiner.

    You're not going to change and dictate the subject with me.

    Should I repeat it again ??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #1000
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Health-Care Reform Act Ruled Unconstitutional(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    No, not until you answer mine. You might claim to have answered the question, but you haven't ... at least not since it was brought up about Weiner.

    You're not going to change and dictate the subject with me.

    Should I repeat it again ??
    I don't accept that waviers are limited to friends, and I have stated people will always seek to side step a responsibility. That is an answer. You just don't like the answer and wanted something that fiot your biased belief system.

    Now, do me the same curtesy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •