Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1104

Thread: White House to Push Gun Control

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Your fears are unjustified. I'm sure you will be allowed to keep your guns. For Obama to even bring up such an issue would mean political suicide.
    Yet he is opening the door

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    The point you missed was that if he had been unable to buy a guy, he would still be in his parents house ranting about the government and masterbaiting to guns and ammo glock centerfolds.
    Do you really think that not being able to legally purchase a weapon will deter a really committed crazy person? Do you believe that the majority of violent crimes in your community are committed with legal guns? If so, I'd encourage you to do some research on teh subject. Most guns used in teh commission of a violent crime are illegally obtained.

  3. #73
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yet he is opening the door
    Is he really? In what way?

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Right. I believe he does have some anti-gun propensities in his voting record. But as President, he is a lot more hamstrung than you think.
    Some? He has been a strong supporter of anti gun

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    So the gangs you worked with were not slinging drugs?
    Some individuals in some gangs were, but there is very little research behind the idea that there are massive drug gangs in the U.S. that control the street level trafficking of narcotics. This is true in Chicago, and it's true to some extent in parts of California, but it's generally not true elsewhere.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 01-27-11 at 04:57 PM.

  6. #76
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Do you really think that not being able to legally purchase a weapon will deter a really committed crazy person? Do you believe that the majority of violent crimes in your community are committed with legal guns? If so, I'd encourage you to do some research on teh subject. Most guns used in teh commission of a violent crime are illegally obtained.
    They become illegally obtained because guns are so prevalent in this culture that I can break into a house and steal a gun, or go buy one, file off the serial number and sell the gun to a crook, report it stolen and I am off the hook.

    If guns were not everywhere, it would not be so easy to have millions of them floating around to be obtained illegally.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Some? He has been a strong supporter of anti gun
    He lacks the capacity, as a president, to pass legislation impacting gun rights, when he does not have control of the house. Try to stop panicking.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    They become illegally obtained because guns are so prevalent in this culture that I can break into a house and steal a gun, or go buy one, file off the serial number and sell the gun to a crook, report it stolen and I am off the hook.

    If guns were not everywhere, it would not be so easy to have millions of them floating around to be obtained illegally.
    So that justifies taking them out of the hands of people who haven't committed a crime?

  9. #79
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    The point you missed was that if he had been unable to buy a guy, he would still be in his parents house ranting about the government and masterbaiting to guns and ammo glock centerfolds.
    I already addressed that by stating the need for mental health legislation and involuntary mental evaluations. It seems YOU missed that, not me.,
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #80
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Some individuals in some gangs were, but there is very little research behind the idea that there are massive drug gangs in the U.S. that control the street level trafficking of narcotics. This is true in Chicago, and it's true to some extent in parts of California, but it's generally not true elsewhere.
    I am not asserting they are drug cartels, I am asserting that people commit robbery to get drug money, people kill to get drug money, ..... Drug related in that way.

Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •