Page 78 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 1104

Thread: White House to Push Gun Control

  1. #771
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    That is what is being investigated. As President he is responsible for these programs. His administration will be responsible and Holder is in big trouble.
    Responsible? yes, if he holds no one accountable. but only an idiot thinks he devised, oversaw, and ran that program or any other like it. If he response with you're doing a hell of a job Brownie type response, you might have a bit of a point. otherwise,refer to my original comment.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #772
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Responsible? yes, if he holds no one accountable. but only an idiot thinks he devised, oversaw, and ran that program or any other like it. If he response with you're doing a hell of a job Brownie type response, you might have a bit of a point. otherwise,refer to my original comment.
    Read post 770 the democrats put it in the stimulus bill

  3. #773
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Read post 770 the democrats put it in the stimulus bill
    Again, meaningless. They were not the designers of the program, likely had limited information, and if they don't say good job Brownie and pat the person on the back who did, but instead hold thema ccountable, your argument fails all reasoanble tests.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #774
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, meaningless. They were not the designers of the program, likely had limited information, and if they don't say good job Brownie and pat the person on the back who did, but instead hold thema ccountable, your argument fails all reasoanble tests.
    It was funded by the Obama stimulus bill so him and Holder knew about it.

  5. #775
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It was funded by the Obama stimulus bill so him and Holder knew about it.
    I'll type slower. You have to prove Holder knew the details, and was an active participant in desigining and running it. And that would only make Holder responsibile, not Obama and not democrats. Not read everything I've typed slower.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #776
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'll type slower. You have to prove Holder knew the details, and was an active participant in desigining and running it. And that would only make Holder responsibile, not Obama and not democrats. Not read everything I've typed slower.

    Nice spin. Why are you avoiding the fact it was put in the stimulus bill. This means Obama knew about it.

    http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/...gunrunner-2009
    Last edited by ptif219; 07-10-11 at 08:42 PM.

  7. #777
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Nice spin. Why are you avoiding the fact it was put in the stimulus bill. This means Obama knew about it.

    Holder bragged about Operation Gunrunner in 2009 | Barbara Hollingsworth | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner
    No, I'm not. Obama likely knew there was a plan. He likely did not know the details. Nor is it likely that anyone in congress knew the details. The stupidity was likley well below them. You want something to make political hay with so badly you are ignoring reality. And you are not addressing what I'm saying.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #778
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I'm not. Obama likely knew there was a plan. He likely did not know the details. Nor is it likely that anyone in congress knew the details. The stupidity was likley well below them. You want something to make political hay with so badly you are ignoring reality. And you are not addressing what I'm saying.
    But... how do you know the president didn't know?

    People typically expect the president to be well-informed.

  9. #779
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    But... how do you know the president didn't know?

    People typically expect the president to be well-informed.
    I don't have to prove the negative. You have to prove he knew. Logically, it's unlikely that he did. Presidents don't get every detail on every program. No human could possibiliy handle that much knowledge.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #780
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I'm not. Obama likely knew there was a plan. He likely did not know the details. Nor is it likely that anyone in congress knew the details. The stupidity was likley well below them. You want something to make political hay with so badly you are ignoring reality. And you are not addressing what I'm saying.
    I guess you did not read that link where Holder gave a speech on it in 2009

Page 78 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •