Page 72 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1104

Thread: White House to Push Gun Control

  1. #711
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    okay .. thank you..... -chuckles- as I've said I'm new here, and still feeling My way around ... as to who I can have an honest discussion with, and who I should just ignore.
    All's good. And yes, you will find both here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #712
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Really? Please tell me what have you hunted, and with what.
    Hunted deer in Montana. I lived in Greatfalls. We ate for the year that way. Used my uncles old Carbine. Worked well enough.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #713
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,709

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Hunted deer in Montana. I lived in Greatfalls. We ate for the year that way. Used my uncles old Carbine. Worked well enough.


    What caliber?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #714
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    What caliber?
    Don't really remember. It was nearly 30 years ago. Maybe .30.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #715
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,709

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't really remember. It was nearly 30 years ago. Maybe .30.

    a .30 carbine?

    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #716
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    a .30 carbine?

    There's more than one. They began as .30 caliber and that is what most were. So, I suspect it is likely his was. But that is a much fancier scope than he had. That's fancy stuff.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #717
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,709

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    It's a horrid choice to hunt deer with, as the round is anemic and often wounds instead of kills. I hope he graduated to a more humane rifle for hunting.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #718
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    It's a horrid choice to hunt deer with, as the round is anemic and often wounds instead of kills. I hope he graduated to a more humane rifle for hunting.
    Didn't have much trouble. First time out, yes, I did wound a deer and have to track him down. But after that, I got better. Still, when you're young and poor, you borrow.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #719
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,752

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The VPC-OMG you just killed your argument

    these are the morons who

    1) told the media in 1988 to deliberately confuse the public as to the difference between machine guns and semi autos

    2) claimed that centerfire rifles with a scope were "sniper rifles" (in reality any rifle suitable for shooting a deer at 400M is equally useful for shooting a human which is why the military and police use the same rifles that hunters use in many cases)

    3) pushed the ban on normal cap magazines and when it passed whined when makers scaled down their pistols to hold only 10 round magazines rather than normal capacity magazines

    VPC is a dishonest conspiracy against gun rights
    Actually, I see the logic of this one, as it would mitigate the damage caused by those who go off the reservation....

    And in other news, the government is now passing the following laws, in order to mitigate damage caused by psychos:

    1) It shall be against the law to own a weapon with a caliber greater than .22.

    2) Since beer is a major cause of DWI, cans of beer shall not contain more than 11 ounces.

    3) Since smoking is dangerous, manufacturers will now be required to make them a silly millimeter shorter.

    4) Since knives also kill, it shall now be against the law to manufacture one with a length greater than 3 inches.

    5) Since pornography is a blight on our nation, all pictures in playboy shall not be greater than 2 inches by 2 inches (The Tucker Case Law ).

    6) Since hardcover books can be used as bludgeons, they are now outlawed. Only paperbacks will be legal.

    7) Any paperback book that is more than 250 pages shall be broken up into volumes no larger than 250 pages, in order to reduce their lethality.

    8) Since murder by drowning someone in a bathtub sometimes happens, it shall be a crime to fill your bathtub to a depth of greater than 3 inches.

    9) Since traffic accidents kill people, it shall be illegal to own a vehicle greater in size than a Radio Flyer toy wagon, and the speed shall be limited to 2 MPH.

    10) Since dying of laughter can sometimes happen, Jay Leno is hereby forbidden to use hilarious jokes, which shall be replaced with mildly humorous jokes.

    On the other hand, maybe I don't see the logic of this.
    Last edited by danarhea; 02-10-11 at 04:21 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #720
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    02-20-11 @ 06:22 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    194

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah sure. so tell me what advantage does bullseye have over 231. and why would you use 231 instead of bullseye

    and (yeah I suppose you can google this) what was the standard IPSC loading for a #68 H&G cast bullet to make "major" with 231
    Bullseye is a ball powder if I recollect properly. I've never used it but a friend used to come over and reload with me and he did. I have always used Dupont extruded powders. Who cares? Do you have an encyclopedic knowledge of arcane reloading info? Good for you. My experience is probably more limited than yours. I reload for my personal shotguns and rifles for fun, not a gun obsession. When it gets to be a chore and boring I walk away until next time it calls me or until hunting season. If you have never had a boring moment playing with guns we're probably not on the same wavelength. No doubt you believe in armed civilians walking around in public loaded down with handguns with which to shoot other people?
    Last edited by chuck schmidt; 02-10-11 at 05:40 PM.

Page 72 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •