AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.
It's a horrid choice to hunt deer with, as the round is anemic and often wounds instead of kills. I hope he graduated to a more humane rifle for hunting.
Matthew 10:34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
And in other news, the government is now passing the following laws, in order to mitigate damage caused by psychos:
1) It shall be against the law to own a weapon with a caliber greater than .22.
2) Since beer is a major cause of DWI, cans of beer shall not contain more than 11 ounces.
3) Since smoking is dangerous, manufacturers will now be required to make them a silly millimeter shorter.
4) Since knives also kill, it shall now be against the law to manufacture one with a length greater than 3 inches.
5) Since pornography is a blight on our nation, all pictures in playboy shall not be greater than 2 inches by 2 inches (The Tucker Case Law ).
6) Since hardcover books can be used as bludgeons, they are now outlawed. Only paperbacks will be legal.
7) Any paperback book that is more than 250 pages shall be broken up into volumes no larger than 250 pages, in order to reduce their lethality.
8) Since murder by drowning someone in a bathtub sometimes happens, it shall be a crime to fill your bathtub to a depth of greater than 3 inches.
9) Since traffic accidents kill people, it shall be illegal to own a vehicle greater in size than a Radio Flyer toy wagon, and the speed shall be limited to 2 MPH.
10) Since dying of laughter can sometimes happen, Jay Leno is hereby forbidden to use hilarious jokes, which shall be replaced with mildly humorous jokes.
On the other hand, maybe I don't see the logic of this.
Last edited by danarhea; 02-10-11 at 03:21 PM.
The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016
Last edited by chuck schmidt; 02-10-11 at 04:40 PM.