Page 64 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 1104

Thread: White House to Push Gun Control

  1. #631
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Why don't you just tell us what you DO want. This cowardly method of hiding your true agenda is rather old.
    Who says I want anything? I think the present guns are fine. Until someone suggests something I think is better, I'm OK where we are, and have said so all along. However, if I had claim a desire, it would be that those who own and use guns be well schooled and use the tool properly and prudently. Don't know what law to pass for that though.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #632
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Who says I want anything? I think the present guns are fine. Until someone suggests something I think is better, I'm OK where we are, and have said so all along. However, if I had claim a desire, it would be that those who own and use guns be well schooled and use the tool properly and prudently. Don't know what law to pass for that though.


    So guns are dangerous and bad, but you're ok with the laws as they are?



    I'd compromise with a national CCW id, that required at least 8hrs of instructional, and a test, this CCW card would be valid in all 50 states..... Not quite constitutional but better than what we have now.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #633
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So guns are dangerous and bad, but you're ok with the laws as they are?



    I'd compromise with a national CCW id, that required at least 8hrs of instructional, and a test, this CCW card would be valid in all 50 states..... Not quite constitutional but better than what we have now.
    Lots of things are dangerous and bad. I don't call for them to be illegal, but I do talk about being aware of their dangers. Why would this bother you so much?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #634
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I'd compromise with a national CCW id, that required at least 8hrs of instructional, and a test, this CCW card would be valid in all 50 states..... Not quite constitutional but better than what we have now.
    I don't object to training, but what do you find so oppressive presently?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #635
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Lots of things are dangerous and bad. I don't call for them to be illegal, but I do talk about being aware of their dangers. Why would this bother you so much?


    what bothers me so much is your hysterics and your relying on agenda driven data of folks who wish to take the 2nd from you and I. If you want to talk about the dangers, which people don't deny, you need to be honest about it and put it in perspective.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #636
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    what bothers me so much is your hysterics and your relying on agenda driven data of folks who wish to take the 2nd from you and I. If you want to talk about the dangers, which people don't deny, you need to be honest about it and put it in perspective.
    rev, the only hysterics has been on your side. I've used mulitple sources. Clearly stated my position, and have not be outragous in any way. There has been nothing dishonhest.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #637
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't object to training, but what do you find so oppressive presently?

    In NJ, there is an awb, normal capacity magazine ban, one gun a month, a law that would outlaw all guns if a biometric gun was ever created, I have to apply for each handgun I wish to purchase with the state. I can be jailed or imprisoned if I have my gun and don't have it locked up correctly or not going to or from a gun store/range..... (see brian aitken)....


    Hollow points are illegal, but I can buy them., and I can have them in my home, transporting them from store to home is illegal.


    Need I go on?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #638
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    rev, the only hysterics has been on your side. I've used mulitple sources. Clearly stated my position, and have not be outragous in any way. There has been nothing dishonhest.

    At least you believe that......

    “A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood”
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #639
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    rev, the only hysterics has been on your side. I've used mulitple sources. Clearly stated my position, and have not be outragous in any way. There has been nothing dishonhest.
    Some of us have a problem with the state taking away our ability to defend ourselfs. It took three months of fighting with the courts to prevent NY from taking my pistol away from me after I defended myself.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  10. #640
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    In NJ, there is an awb, normal capacity magazine ban, one gun a month, a law that would outlaw all guns if a biometric gun was ever created, I have to apply for each handgun I wish to purchase with the state. I can be jailed or imprisoned if I have my gun and don't have it locked up correctly or not going to or from a gun store/range..... (see brian aitken)....


    Hollow points are illegal, but I can buy them., and I can have them in my home, transporting them from store to home is illegal.


    Need I go on?
    The only one I question, because I don't quite understand it, is a law that would outlaw all guns if a biometric gun was ever created. Other than that, and being allowed to buy something you can't legally use (perhaps not let you buy it?), I don't see anything too oppressive.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 64 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •